Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Camila Cabello - C,XOXO

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

CC.png

Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • YAAAS 2

chathonnete

I will never get over how she copied Charli XCX.

- I Luv It sounding like I got it + music video looking like Crash esthetic

- The name of the album 

- The cover of the album

- The esthetism of the era taking from Charli and other Hyperpop artists while she never mentionned any interest for this style in the past and didn't give any credit to the these artists.

• LMAO 5

Teletubby
3 minutes ago, chathonnete said:

The name of the album 

is a love letter to Miami, where she grew up.  C,XOXO is a signature on a letter, C is for Camila and XOXO means hugs and kisses.
it's not hyperpop album and she didn't copy Charli.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Starmie25
22 minutes ago, chathonnete said:

The esthetism of the era taking from Charli and other Hyperpop artists while she never mentionned any interest for this style in the past and didn't give any credit to the these artists

There's a bit of inspo from Charli's style yes, but you do realise Camila has dabbled in hip hop/electronic before her debut right. 

• Like 7

olive specter
1 hour ago, chathonnete said:

I will never get over how she copied Charli XCX.

- I Luv It sounding like I got it + music video looking like Crash esthetic

- The name of the album 

- The cover of the album

- The esthetism of the era taking from Charli and other Hyperpop artists while she never mentionned any interest for this style in the past and didn't give any credit to the these artists.

xcx fans not only make me not like charli when before i was neutral, but also like camila lol

she didn't invent either the sound or the style
if not for sophie and ag she would still sing boom clap lol

just because she has a big label behind her and more promo doesn't make her the face nor the pioneer of a genre, my god

Edited by olive specter
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

DiegoMonster

I was honoured to be front row at her rock in rio concert where she premiered the whole album, live. 

I gotta say she was slaying the house boots down. 

the album is FIRE!

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Shook 1

Teletubby

@Cellome to you know who:
"Does she get this wet for you, baby?
Talk to you in poems and songs, huh, baby?"
ddf.gif

• Shook 3

Teletubby

deluxe is coming soon with this song↓, full collaboration with PinkPantheress and possibly Salma Interlude with Lana

Everyone talking about how she copied Charli xcx, but now that the album is out can we talk about how she ripped off the whole album structure of Caprisongs by FKA twigs?

It sounds like a very low grade Caprisongs tbh

• Shook 1

Caothan Mcbride

Albums out it’s a pretty good rebrand “twentysomethings” & “pretty when I cry” is good

Edited by Caothan Mcbride
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1

• Caothan Mcbride changed the title to Camila Cabello - C,XOXO

Listening to it right now. I'm still kind of disappointed as i thought she was going to do an entire album with the sound of "I LUV IT"... it's very different from what i expected. Not bad, but it'll take me a while to get used to it.

• Like 3

salty like sodium

i'm a bit underwhelmed overall - i wasn't completely sold on i luv it at first but it grew on me and i felt like the direction of that song was going to lead to a fantastic album. same feelings for he knows, and then the snippets i heard all sounded amazing. but somehow the album as a whole is missing... something. there are some really good moments overall though, dade county dreaming is a bop, so is chanel no.5, and some great melodies here and there. i think maybe too many interludes, and some songs are too short/repetitive. i like it overall as a sound, but it doesn't feel as finished as some of her past albums imo