It's TTPD a good album?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. title.

• Yas!
    • Noooo!
    • Overrated...

Featured Posts

dracomalfoy

I don't think it's bad, per se. Just formulaic, repetitive, overly-long and very self-centered.

Chromatic, Chromatic, put your hands all over my colors.
  • Thanks 1

thisboyisamonster

Definitely not her best, does not exceed Red, 1989, Reputation, Folklore, Evermore. Maybe same level as Lover and Midnights in terms of quality but suffers from sounding the same and bloated to a fair degree. For me the songs that really hit are the ones that most honest, vulnerable and relatable. E.g. I can do it with a broken heart is almost an anthem for those who've ever had to push through life with a smile even though they are sad/dying inside, guilty as sin is relatable for those who have fantasied about others while being in a commited relationship etc. I also love most of the Aaron D tracks on this.

For me, current top tracks are:

Down bad

Guilty as sin

Smallest man who ever lived

loml

I can do it with a broken heart

How did it end?

So high school

I look in people's windows

Peter

The Manuscript

Also you will find different people have different favourites/ standouts - which I think is a good thing/shows her ability to connect with a range of audience 

Edited by thisboyisamonster
  • Like 2

River
30 minutes ago, Auralegends said:

"We don't know how to rhyme but damn we try"

:icant:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

ActualPatient

i seem to only remember liking Down Bad. if there are others, i forgot the title already. i'm more of a RED/1989/Reputation/Fearless/Speak Now kind of guy. i felt like i was listening to the same song since folklore but nothing's sticking. i guess her post 2020 albums barely resonate with me with very few exceptions.

and i say that as someone who used to listen to her albums in full until Reputation.

• Like 1

Poker

Yes! I think it is in her top 3.

Kindness rules all.
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1

ThisGuyTony

It’s a Pretentious, Ear Torturing Mess

ezgif-2-ec311f9697.thumb.gif.59e06e8c503

• LMAO 1

Monet
5 hours ago, King of the Fall said:

No, the standard edition is a bloated mess with some of her worst songwriting and stale production from Jack

There are a few tracks from the anthology I like though

I don't know why she always put the Antonoff songs in the standard edition, and the Aaron Desner songs only in the "deluxe" :bear: It was the same situation with MIdnights and Midnights 3 A.M.

• Thanks 1

Naak Le Vaar

It's my second favorite album of hers. If you really put the time into it, it runs so deep. I genuinely don't understand the hatred for the album :kara:

Lmao they blocked my signature
  • Love 1

Decodekid

It’s a mess, nothing memorable, nothing stands out, it’s so cohesive it makes it boring. 

Long Live Gretchen

Ayden

It is a good album, it just took me a little bit of time to get used to the sound. At first, it seemed like a long, boring album with no standaouts, in which all the songs sounded the same. Once i got used to the sound, and started diferentiating the songs from one another, it became an entirely different experience, and i could appreciate it a lot more. It's not a perfect album imo, i think some songs definitely could've been cut out, but overall, I don't think its bad. 

• Like 2

high culture

There are good songs on it, but it's way too long... she should have taken about half the songs and it would've been a stronger album

Ultimecia

I'll never stop mistaking this acronym with "TTYD" - Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Door :toofunny:

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • LMAO 1

Poker
1 hour ago, Naak Le Vaar said:

It's my second favorite album of hers. If you really put the time into it, it runs so deep. I genuinely don't understand the hatred for the album :kara:

I feel the same way! I love every single song and her lyrics are amazing. People hate on it because it was the narrative the media tried to impose lol people don't like to think for themselves and create their own opinions nowadays.

Edited by Poker
Kindness rules all.
  • Thanks 1

HeavyMetal Halcyon

I like some of Taylor's work, and I went to the Era's tour twice, but this album is not it, and the promotion has made me actively dislike Taylor at the moment. I think there are some really good songs, but I would say most of them are a bit thin vocally and melodically and the production is seriously lacking. It's very hard for someone who is melody driven to listen all the way through. 

On the otherhand, if you are a lyric driven music listener, I've heard it's great, but that's just not me. 

Taylor is often mentioned as the best song writer of our generation, but I think writing a melody is just as important as lyrics in a song, and she failed that category on this piece of work. 

Chromatica Forever

atemybrain

Not her best work, but there are some great tracks I listen to pretty regularly. I would say give Guilty as Sin, Down Bad, Fortnight, I Can Do It With a Broken Heart, So Long London, The Prophecy, I Hate It Here, My Boy…, and Peter a listen, and then maybe take a breather bc a lot of the songs do start to sound repetitive. The Anthology honestly reminds me of Folklore/Evermore.