Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kesha asked about Katy/Dr. Luke drama

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

RodeckDanny

People suck
Kesha doesn't , i felt so much empathy for her here...
Her song fine line is amazing and exprsses her duel, stream it!

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

olive specter
10 hours ago, HelloHangoverz said:

Damn, she addresed it?!

10 hours ago, Andrea B said:

as far as I remember she said it during the court case, they asked her is she was obligated to work with him and she said no

IMG-1004.jpg

IMG-1005.jpg

she had a 3 albums deal

mightyriverz

I was just about to give katy a chance, thankfully I got informed regarding this. I stood up for Kesha back then and will continue to do it now.

16 hours ago, PartySick said:

Women are giving him the green light too, Katy's right there :enigma:

Serious question though does Katy have a choice or is she contractually bound to luke or who her label makes her work with?

Cuz remember how hard it was for Kesha herself not to work with him? Its part of what started the court case in the first place that she didnt wanna work with her abuser but was contractually forced to

Do we know if Katie is in the same position or not?

Teletubby
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

Serious question though does Katy have a choice or is she contractually bound to luke or who her label makes her work with?

Cuz remember how hard it was for Kesha herself not to work with him? Its part of what started the court case in the first place that she didnt wanna work with her abuser but was contractually forced to

Kesha signed to Dr Luke's label and was contractually obliged to work with him on every album.
Katy isn't contractually obliged to work with him. she released her last 2 albums without his involvement.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

LadyxGaGa

also yeah fr katy isn’t bound to him at least not to my knowledge and if she was she def made plenty of american idol money to take a hit but she’d rather have a hit 

PartySick
1 hour ago, Economy said:

According to what @olive specter shared, she has a 3 album deal with him. I guess it doesn't need to be consecutive since Witness and Smile were Luke-less?

I still say it should be acceptable for artists to buy their way out of these contracts.

💚
  • Like 1

olive specter
44 minutes ago, PartySick said:

According to what @olive specter shared, she has a 3 album deal with him. I guess it doesn't need to be consecutive since Witness and Smile were Luke-less?

I still say it should be acceptable for artists to buy their way out of these contracts.

*had, she already released 3 albums under his contract

one of the boys, teenage dream, prism

so to answer @Economy question, no - she didn't have to work with him, it was her choice

and to quote Rolling Stone's article

"Katy knew exactly the album she wanted to make and put together the team to make it happen,"

link

Edited by olive specter
  • Like 2