💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kesha asked about Katy/Dr. Luke drama

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Teletubby
2 hours ago, Gohan said:

Really? Then why is everyone acting like he's innocent and started working with him again? Wtf. I thought she really lost one case, the one that involved Gaga and Kesha's text messages

he sued Kesha for defamation in 2014. he made the text messages public during their legal battle. 
in 2020 judge ruled that Kesha defamed him with these messages and ruled that he is private figure.
in 2023 New York Court of Appeals ruled that he's limited public figure - as a result,  he would have to prove that Kesha made the allegedly defamatory statements, knowing that they were false. Kesha and Gaga exchanged messages after hearing rumor from CEO of Interscope so unlikely that he could prove it.
in June 2023 they settled their court case just 1 month prior to the trial. 

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 2

communistmanifesto
3 hours ago, Gohan said:

I believe she has a NDA and thus can't really talk real **** about Puke that's why she kept it classy. She lost a difamation case after all sadly :franminervini:

she didn’t technically lose the defamation case. anti-SLAPP laws that took effect in 2021 (laws that prevent people from losing defamation lawsuits for exercising free speech) made it very unlikely that Luke could win. The basis for the case was that because Kesha disclosed the assault after the statute of limitations on it had expired & Luke could not be legally found guilty (or not guilty) of sexual assault because of that. Luke was unlikely to win because these laws took effect (and his lawyer stated, on record, that they would’ve never filed the suit if the laws had been in effect at the time) and by the time the case was nearing its finish in court Kesha had fulfilled the contract that was to be dissolved if she won. They settled outside of court, no one won/lost the case on paper, but because Kesha was the defendant the settlement was on Luke’s terms. This means she cannot speak on the allegations or him any further (hence “only god knows” in her part of the statement) and she likely had to pay his legal fees. His team specifically made the case go on longer while withholding royalties so that the legal fees would bleed her dry and make her more likely to take any settlement just to stop being forced to interact with him after her contractual obligations were met.

xoxo go piss girl

PartySick
4 hours ago, HelloHangoverz said:

How many men in the industry must be giving this man the green light for him to continue working w people like Katy Perry? It's just institutionally ingrained, so f'd up

Women are giving him the green light too, Katy's right there :enigma:

💚
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

HelloHangoverz
11 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Women are giving him the green light too, Katy's right there :enigma:

V true! I was wondering if she's contractually obligated or something, cause I'm struggling to understand the tone deafness from somebody who claims her values are the opposite of her behaviour. But still, you're right

Edited by HelloHangoverz
typo
Does anyone think global warming is a good thing? I love Lady Gaga. I think she's a really interesting artist.
  • Love 1

Andrea B
19 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

V true! I was wondering if she's contracturally obligated or something,

she's not, she said it herself

• Shook 1

HelloHangoverz
Just now, Andrea B said:

she's not, she said it herself

Damn, she addresed it?!

Does anyone think global warming is a good thing? I love Lady Gaga. I think she's a really interesting artist.

PartySick
Just now, HelloHangoverz said:

V true! I was wondering if she's contracturally obligated or something, cause I'm struggling to understand the tone deafness from somebody who claims her values are the opposite of her behaviour. But still, you're right

I doubt it. He wasn't on Witness or Smile, iirc, both of which came out after the Kesha/Luke thing blew up. It'd be weird to enter a contract with him within the last couple years unless she either doesn't believe the accusations or doesn't care

💚

Andrea B
20 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

Damn, she addresed it?!

as far as I remember she said it during the court case, they asked her is she was obligated to work with him and she said no

• Shook 1

HelloHangoverz
7 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I doubt it. He wasn't on Witness or Smile, iirc, both of which came out after the Kesha/Luke thing blew up. It'd be weird to enter a contract with him within the last couple years unless she either doesn't believe the accusations or doesn't care

5 minutes ago, Andrea B said:

as far as I remember she said it during the court case, they asked her is she was obligated to work with him and she said no

I feel like she's probably unwilling to do what needs to be done to separate from him. Even if there is no obligation, I feel like there is some sort of soft power he is wielding over her. Why as an artist would you want that PR burden hanging over your career? Maybe I'm being kind who knows (or she might not actually care after all, I overestimate people a lot lmao), whatever the truth is it's still no excuse. She's giving oxygen to his continued presence in the industry.

Edited by HelloHangoverz

LadyxGaGa

dude what other emotions is she suppose to feel like the guy and her have awful history. stop bringing him or anything adjacent to him up. end of story. 

JessFletch

"...right, and i wanted to, kinda, your opinion, and, you know, just wanted your opinion on it..."

He was so eager to get in her grill & make her uncomfortable...

until she turned & looked him square in the face with a smile,

& then he started awkwardly tripping up... while she let it happen. Lmao

The "Kesh....?" was gross though 🤢

Paparazzi, as human beings, are ghouls

⚫️

TheFame Monster
10 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

I feel like she's probably unwilling to do what needs to be done to separate from him. Even if there is no obligation, I feel like there is some sort of soft power he is wielding over her. Why as an artist would you want that PR burden hanging over your career? Maybe I'm being kind who knows (or she might not actually care after all, I overestimate people a lot lmao), whatever the truth is it's still no excuse. She's giving oxygen to his continued presence in the industry.

She’s Katy Perry. She can go to whatever producer she wants and chose Dr. Luke. I’m sure Max Martin is readily available. After Witness and Smile, she’s desperate. Her last legit hit was a decade ago… which is probably why she went crawling back to Dr. Luke. She and her entire management is dumb and gross to do that with a song called “Woman’s World”

• Like 2