đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rosalia apparently shades Karol G in new instagram post

bubbletea

Featured Posts

Bloody Michael

It's all the same mambo/merengue base. I don't think anyone copied anyone. If anything "Omega el fuerte" was the inspo for both.

But to be realistic I can see Karol G wanting to have her Despechá momment with this song. She also recorded part of the album in DR, you can see the influences on the album even before this song, so it also makes sense.

Same as Rosalia (i don't know if she recorded anything in DR) but you can also see dominican influences on the album, so it also made sense.

Same as Bad Bunny (Un verano sin ti), a lot of dominican influences and a heavialy influenced dominican track (Despues de la playa).

We should celebrate they are making their own perspective of a genre, I personally love to hear comercialized merengue and its even better when they mix it with other genres.

• Thanks 1

I'm confused...do they not like each other? I've always enjoyed both but I'm so far removed from any petty feuds and gossip. As gente Latina we should be celebrating each other not going on about who did what better. These genres existed before any one of them picked up the microphone wtf? Like why is it that women have to always be pit against each other?

JoanneMonster
On 6/26/2024 at 12:52 PM, Mister G said:

I'm confused...do they not like each other? I've always enjoyed both but I'm so far removed from any petty feuds and gossip. As gente Latina we should be celebrating each other not going on about who did what better. These genres existed before any one of them picked up the microphone wtf? Like why is it that women have to always be pit against each other?

In this case, they are not pit against each other by fans. There’s a feud between them, because, this song aside, Karol G has been copying Rosalia (looks, video concepts, performances…) They do not like  each other and shade eachother ocasionally. 

I See You
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2

Battle 4 Ur Life
On 6/24/2024 at 12:22 AM, MadArchitect said:

this is ridiculous, bachata and merengue IS pop music in latin america, almost as much as reggaeton is, people here have been listening to these styles since they were born over and over again, Rosalia not only din't invent anything at all, she hopped on styles that were already very popular here, the people who listen to that and hear novelty are only people who dont live or dont know latin american culture...

this

I also think she fits the bully role very well. I can’t say why but it’s there.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1