Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
music news

Teaser posted on SOPHIE's Youtube Channel (Album incoming)

BleepBloop

Featured Posts

RAMROD
1 minute ago, elijahfan said:

I have many questions... Just really curious what was the process of finishing this. Posthumous records kinda rub me weirdly.

If the sounds are different we will notice and will drop it.  SOPHIE have different touch on their music. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

elijahfan
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

If the sounds are different we will notice and will drop it.  SOPHIE have different touch on their music. 

I just hope this was carefully handled by close friends and collaborators, a bit like what Mark Ronson put together after Amy's passing. SOPHIE wasn't mainstream so I have high hopes this was made for the good reasons and not for the money. Just hope they would have been ok with this.

• Like 3

Zander
7 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I have many questions... Just really curious what was the process of finishing this. Posthumous records kinda rub me weirdly.

Its being finished by her brother: "Ben Long, who worked with SOPHIE in various capacities including as mixing engineer on SOPHIE's debut album Oil of Every Pearl's Un-Insides"

"However, Long did not definitively say when or how the project would be released. “I don’t want to be like, ‘We’re going to put everything out,’ because sometimes SOPHIE didn’t want it to or it wasn’t finished. But it was quite clear with a lot of songs, just from the fact that we had been working on them and mixing the album, that I know the direction a lot of things were supposed to be going.”

“There are many, many discussions to be had,” Long continued. “The most important thing for us is doing right by SOPHIE — putting stuff out that SOPHIE was happy with and would want to be out.”

https://www.thefader.com/2021/06/03/sophie-album-unreleased-music

Edited by Zander
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Auro
1 hour ago, Anderson123 said:

I love Sophie and will say this with all respect:

Even people no longer here with us is releasing an album before Gaga. :bradley:

This knocked the wind out of me, holy sh*t 💀

Very excited for this album though! I'm so upset that I only really discovered her music after her passing

He/They
  • Love 2