💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

music news

Charli XCX defies expected Billboard numbers

LateToCult

Featured Posts

LateToCult

Against all odds, she defies Billboard’s numbers! She sold less than expected :ororomunroe:

Edited by LateToCult
  • LMAO 11
  • Love 4
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 2

Hennycomb

Oh don't be a brat, #3 with an abrasive album like that that's doing better on charts than Crash (which was intentionally way more mainstream) is so huge for her, I love that, it tells us she's growing and growing while staying true to her artistry, maybe the next one will be an even better album and it will peak #1 (if it's in the middle of a Taylor hiatus we can hope for it :trollga:)

• Love 2
  • Thanks 8

Sneaky Oliver

This is actually good for her 

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden
  • Like 1

elijahfan

Why are the club gays so cheap? Give some money to your queen, for Christ’s sake!! :grr:

That’s kind of the drawback of being a hyperconnected artist, people tend to consume your art only in a connected way. With that level of hype, if her fanbase had a Swiftie level of economic commitment, she’d be on top of the world.

Aglaya

I mean... yall acting like she sold 50k less than expected... She just sold 5k less than predicted :shrug: This is still amazing news for her :party:

could mean anything
  • Thanks 9

BillieGOAT
51 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

She sold less than expected :ororomunroe:

Do you mean less than reported? :laughga:

It says she sold 77K, after Billboard originally reported 82K in error 

there are no projections in that tweet. just a correction of sale figures. Go touch some grass :smh:

• Thanks 1

chathonnete

It's still amazing and well deserved, Charli is one of the least boring and most honest singer out there. :heart:

• YAAAS 1

Cameltoe Chariot

It feels weird laughing at fairly independent artists like Charli for underselling by 5k in a foreign county, while billionaires like Taylor are literally printing chart figures for themselves because they have a cult fan base that gets off on their fave's financial domination :alsemanche:

brat might not be for everyone, but it has more artistic integrity in the opening second of the first track than TTPD has in all 40+ variants. That's 77k copies that will actually be opened and played :oops:

• Like 10
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 1

Hennycomb
37 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Why are the club gays so cheap? Give some money to your queen, for Christ’s sake!! :grr:

That’s kind of the drawback of being a hyperconnected artist, people tend to consume your art only in a connected way. With that level of hype, if her fanbase had a Swiftie level of economic commitment, she’d be on top of the world.

I get that, I'm a Charli gay and for me putting an album on silent to give it streams or buying a vinyl without the machine to play it is too basic and Taylor-coded, Charli gays don't f with that :laughga:

Edited by hhennywise
  • Like 3

skaxboy

Good for her!!!!! The album is on repeat! 

She makes such fun music. There’s a billboard/paint wall in the city that I want to go and check out. 

Her and Troye’s show is gonna be so much fun. 

elijahfan
15 minutes ago, hhennywise said:

I get that, I'm a Charli gay and for me putting an album on silent to give it streams or buying a vinyl without the machine to play it is too basic and Taylor-coded, Charli gays don't f with that :laughga:

I sure hope most people who buy vinyls have a player... :messga:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 3

StarstruckIllusion
52 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

It feels weird laughing at fairly independent artists like Charli for underselling by 5k in a foreign county, while billionaires like Taylor are literally printing chart figures for themselves because they have a cult fan base that gets off on their fave's financial domination :alsemanche:

brat might not be for everyone, but it has more artistic integrity in the opening second of the first track than TTPD has in all 40+ variants. That's 77k copies that will actually be opened and played :oops:

people are weirdos, what can I say?

also why is billboard so incompetent 

• Like 1

Catnikko
2 hours ago, elijahfan said:

I sure hope most people who buy vinyls have a player... :messga:

i would bet money on at least 60% of people that buy their fave's vinyl do not have a player

Dance in the shadow of the meow
  • Like 4