💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

music news

RS: Katy reconnected with ‘Teenage Dream’ producers Dr. Luke, Max Martin for KP6

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Leoj305
1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Wow, she's calling back the entire original gang, with the exception of Bonnie maybe. I get it, that team was her golden ticket to superstardom and kept her there and dropping them caused her career to spiral downwards. But to act like their involvement was the only reason for her success isn't wholly accurate. Katy's youth and looks were her major selling point, pop was the biggest genre at the time, her promotional budget was massive, her team used a variety of tricks to make her chart high. But these facets won't mean what they did back then. Katy's got her old look back but she's now nearly 40, pop is no longer the most popular genre, she won't be promoted everywhere like she was back in the day and those charting tricks will no longer work as new Billboard rules have since come into play. That brand of pop she made is so dated now. But because it was a hit at the time, it will remain a beloved nostalgic classic forever, it doesn't matter how dated it becomes. If Teenage Dream was released today, as good as I think it is, it wouldn't be as successful now. I mean, its long been said that the streaming era has ensured that no one will ever be getting 5 #1's from a single album ever again. 

Reality is that Luke's involvement hasn't stopped his tracks charting, he continues to get #1's and top tens to this day with various artists. But you'll notice the stuff he makes for pop artists just isn't having that juggernaut success that Katy had back then (unless you count Say So as pop). I think ultimately the public has moved on from Dr Luke branded pop so Capitol is in for a rude awakening if they spend all this money on a comeback only for it not to have the desired effect. But who can say these days? Charts aren't predictable as they once were.

They are pushing her very hard with this comeback, the Twitter likes, the social media of every Stan/pop music network posting her comeback, her teaser, I am 100/100 sure they are trying to generate the biggest hype possible this time around. It’s up to the Gp. 

NATAH
2 hours ago, ChrisGaga said:

Y'all are crazy! This is literally the best news ever and everything I hoped for! I'm soo excited and I think this album will be full of amazing pop music! Max Martin is literally the king of pop, if you don't know about him, look him up. 

And about Dr. Luke, it's actually insane how many people bully this man on here for yeeaars! Spread kindness is what Gaga tells us since her beginning. And all you do is spreading hate and lies about a man who is NOT convicted! Get a life and stop defaming this man. That's actually what Kesha was sued for, for defamation...! 

this is the most insane post i've ever seen on here, considering Gaga is also anti-luke and was team kesha :rip:

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 6

olive specter
5 hours ago, ChrisGaga said:

And about Dr. Luke, it's actually insane how many people bully this man on here for yeeaars! Spread kindness is what Gaga tells us since her beginning. And all you do is spreading hate and lies about a man who is NOT convicted! Get a life and stop defaming this man. That's actually what Kesha was sued for, for defamation...!

not only was Gaga pro kesha, anti luke, but also this "Gaga tells us" thing is so weird

girl, she's a pop star, not God

just because she wore pink in a music video doesn't mean we need to live by it 

he was abusive to kesha, that's a fact

even if you don't want to believe the rape story (i do), just him giving teenagers shitty contracts and using it later to block them from releasing music unless he's credited even on stuff he didn't touch is awful and evil by itself and he's going to hell just for that

Edited by olive specter
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

HausOfAntonio
3 hours ago, ActualPatient said:

back to idol u go

That would imply some sort of a career. I hope she becomes totally unbookable and forgotten about. 

Chromatography
5 hours ago, NATAH said:

willingly gave covid to her team? she gave them warning lol

imbalance in power dynamic. it would’ve been most responsible to cancel. but you’re picking out one thing out of my whole quote.

by the way, i’m not supporting katy in her decision. i’m just saying that people are shocked when celebrities do shitty things because they’re just normal people

Chromatography
1 hour ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Just because it's over doesn't mean it's really over

Neither was OJ

You lost me at "willingly gave COVID to her team"

great, that was the last thing i said. what do you have to say about everything else? like my previous comment, you’re picking out one thing

NATAH
2 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

imbalance in power dynamic. it would’ve been most responsible to cancel. but you’re picking out one thing out of my whole quote.

by the way, i’m not supporting katy in her decision. i’m just saying that people are shocked when celebrities do shitty things because they’re just normal people

i picked the one thing that was wrong, she probably would have paid them for time off lol

mother, what must i do?

HausOfAntonio
8 hours ago, killme89 said:

Blows my mind that people to this day credit KP for our main pop girl era in the late 2000s ….sigh. I stand by this and idc what anyone says …teenage dream wasn’t even that good. 

It wasn’t good. It was extremely commercial and on trend pop music made to smash, and it did. It received bad reviews back in the day and we only look back at it with rose tinted lenses because of nostalgia and its success. The singles are good and the rest of the album isn’t. Not even close to the pop bible status people swear it is. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

stevana229

no Dr Luke fan but he really does make the BEST pop music 

• LMAO 1

Stef
4 hours ago, ChrisGaga said:

Y'all are crazy! This is literally the best news ever and everything I hoped for! I'm soo excited and I think this album will be full of amazing pop music! Max Martin is literally the king of pop, if you don't know about him, look him up. 

i cannot tell you violently nauseous i felt reading this. leave it to a grown man to brush over a topic like this. 

Signature loading… 👹🖤
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

killme89
1 hour ago, HausOfAntonio said:

It wasn’t good. It was extremely commercial and on trend pop music made to smash, and it did. It received bad reviews back in the day and we only look back at it with rose tinted lenses because of nostalgia and its success. The singles are good and the rest of the album isn’t. Not even close to the pop bible status people swear it is. 

Exactly! You get it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Scarlet Witch

LMAOOO what a disgusting woman. Hope she flops AND flops hard.

• Like 2

culturalbaptism

Justice for kesha but at this point I'll take it. Smile was not IT

Edited by culturalbaptism
Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.