Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
celeb

Dua Lipa won't be publicly backing a particular politician in election

Teletubby

Featured Posts

hieronymus
14 hours ago, HotLikeMexico said:

Dua Lipa could fart and y’all would praise her.

Other celebrities have said stuff similar to her about not naming a politician or not getting involved in politics and y’all have dragged them for being complicit. 

She's basically saying the UK equivalent of "vote blue no matter who"... how the hell is that not getting involved in politics? Also she gets dragged on here all the time. Go lance your hateboner.

• Like 3
  • LMAO 1

PartySick
22 hours ago, Taylucifer said:

don't have to back a person, just the party

I feel like that's...worse?

I mean, if the US didn't have a two party system I'd absolutely be picking my candidate from a pool of whoever the Democrats, Green party, and any other liberal or progressive parties put up

Tribalistic loyalty to a party is why Trump even has a chance this year so

Shut up, ningen 🩷
  • Thanks 1

PartySick
1 hour ago, hieronymus said:

Go lance your hateboner.

I'd absolutely steal this if I wasn't usually the one hating

Shut up, ningen 🩷

TortureMeOnReplay
3 hours ago, Taylucifer said:

please explain further cause idk why:saladga:

1 hour ago, PartySick said:

I mean, if the US didn't have a two party system I'd absolutely be picking my candidate from a pool of whoever the Democrats, Green party, and any other liberal or progressive parties put up

Pretty much this ^. Continuing to allow the political system to divide us in two is the main issue with party line voting. It's why it's an insult to be called a democrat or vice versa. Nobody is gonna agree with every issue a party has. Look at Europe, who do have general parties but must coalition on issues to resolve them. The way it should be. Not red or blue. 

Taylucifer
3 hours ago, PartySick said:

2 hours ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Pretty much this ^. Continuing to allow the political system to divide us in two is the main issue with party line voting. It's why it's an insult to be called a democrat or vice versa. Nobody is gonna agree with every issue a party has. Look at Europe, who do have general parties but must coalition on issues to resolve them. The way it should be. Not red or blue. 

Oh yes I completely agree with what y'all have said, in NZ we have coalitions galore etc and it is great. Two party system is really causing many problems and the USA needs to go through a serious deconstruction of the political system if there democracy is to keep on chugging. 

I was more referring to considering that the USA has a two party system which doesn't seem to be going anywhere so a certain blonde pop star probably wouldn't do too much harm by throwing her weight behind democrats for an election year as contentious as this which may avoid an expectation of her continued involvement in politics considering she obviously does not want to be apart of it:vegas:

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW
  • Like 1

PartySick
1 minute ago, Taylucifer said:

Oh yes I completely agree with what y'all have said, in NZ we have coalitions galore etc and it is great. Two party system is really causing many problems and the USA needs to go through a serious deconstruction of the political system if there democracy is to keep on chugging. 

I was more referring to considering that the USA has a two party system which doesn't seem to be going anywhere so a certain blonde pop star probably wouldn't do too much harm by throwing her weight behind democrats for an election year as contentious as this which may avoid an expectation of her continued involvement in politics considering she obviously does not want to be apart of it:vegas:

Sometimes I forget how many of y'all don't live in this American hellscape

Shut up, ningen 🩷

Bronco

Honestly, its such an Americanized thing to endorse a particular political figure in Europe/the UK which for the majority of places use a parliamentary system. 

It's much better when politicians take positions like this where they speak on their politics, not personality. 

Like the UK has had a real issue with personality politics and "insert name"-manias and it just always results in the political platform being harmed because people prioritise the individual which inevitably ends up sinking the ship entirely when the individual becomes unpopular. 

HotLikeMexico

jennifer-lawrence-ok.gif

10 hours ago, hieronymus said:

She's basically saying the UK equivalent of "vote blue no matter who"... how the hell is that not getting involved in politics? Also she gets dragged on here all the time. Go lance your hateboner.

Edited by HotLikeMexico

Taylucifer
On 6/20/2024 at 12:59 AM, PartySick said:

Sometimes I forget how many of y'all don't live in this American hellscape

yea sorry to y'all:bear::heart:

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW