Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
celeb

Normani on ‘Dopamine’ for Vogue

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

I remember writing “Big Boy” at the beginning of the pandemic, and wanting to make something that embodies movement and energy. Being a dancer was my first passion and first love, so any time I go into the studio, I think about where I’m going to end up performing it: at an awards show, at the Super Bowl half-time show? I think really big. A lot of the time movement and performance ideas even inspire the music, which is backwards, I guess. I’m a very visual person, and it’s often that which helps me make sense of a song.

I really wanted the record to feel like a dopamine hit. I wanted it to feel energetic. When I think back to when the album, and what I wanted to say with it, started to make sense, it was still COVID, and I wanted something that felt like the opposite of that time—something that made people feel good and energetic and powerful, and confident and assertive and aggressive, yet feminine. Because I am all of those things.

With the album cover, me and my creative director went back and forth for probably a good 5 months, I kid you not, before we even shot the artwork. I just wanted it to feel like an era, honestly. And I wanted it to feel iconic visually, and with the fashion too. I always talk about Rihanna’s Loud era, or any of the different eras she’s had throughout the course of her career—you know exactly, either based on her hair or her outfit or the energy she gives, what record that was. That’s what I wanted.

I naturally gravitate to darker-sounding things. I love pop music, so it has nothing to do with genre. I didn’t want to make an R&B record or a pop record, because I want to be considered a genreless artist. Something that I was striving for was versatility, and being able to show everybody the many different spaces I’m able to live in.

https://www.vogue.com/article/normani-dopamine-interview
LEAD%20IMAGE%202.jpg

i ❤️
  • Love 1

Rahrahbitchson

I feel sorry for her, after all this long time, nobody is listening or care about this album, i didnt even read all that. Wish her better luck next time

giphy-s.jpg

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

GagaGame

The promo!!!

I could be your mustang for the weekend

buzzkill

The album is amazing! Time will make justice for dopamine

ThisGuyTony

“I just wanted it to feel like an era, honestly. And I wanted it to feel iconic visually, and with the fashion too.”

The delusion :icant:

Roughhouse Dandy
59 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

nobody is listening or care about this album

If You Say So Whatever GIF by ABC Network

Dopamine is a good album and the live performances are gonna slap. Glad to see it get a little bit of exposure!

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 1

compassionhills

i really love this album!! i hope she starts doing stuff to help promote it, like tv performances and music videos