💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Will Taylor try to block LG7 from #1?

Aren

Featured Posts

altern8version

this is no shade to the OP, I promise, but my god I’m so sick of the obsession with charting- from everyone: fans, performers, magazines, blogs, etc 

it’s like people who take it personally when a movie they like didn’t make a certain amount of dollars at the box office- like, THEY aren’t going to see that money! they shouldn’t care

think of all the talented artists you love that make QUALITY music, but have never once been number one on the Billboard charts. but they keep going! 

after all, McDonalds probably sells the most burgers each year- but are they truly the best quality burgers? no 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

JessFletch
4 minutes ago, altern8version said:

McDonalds probably sells the most burgers each year-

but are they truly the best quality burgers? no

This is a great way of looking at it.

Hopefully Taylor doesn't read it.

mcdonalds-hamburglar.gif

Tortured Meal Toys incoming

⚫️
  • LMAO 7

ThisGuyTony

Bobby better force Gaga to come thru with those signed copies 

ezgif-2-ec311f9697.thumb.gif.59e06e8c503

StarstruckIllusion

She cant possibly keep this bullshit going until september tho I wouldn’t put it past her to try

TortureMeOnReplay
1 hour ago, altern8version said:

this is no shade to the OP, I promise, but my god I’m so sick of the obsession with charting- from everyone: fans, performers, magazines, blogs, etc 

it’s like people who take it personally when a movie they like didn’t make a certain amount of dollars at the box office- like, THEY aren’t going to see that money! they shouldn’t care

think of all the talented artists you love that make QUALITY music, but have never once been number one on the Billboard charts. but they keep going! 

after all, McDonalds probably sells the most burgers each year- but are they truly the best quality burgers? no 

Chart positions enable artists' careers. Always has been like that and probably will stay like that. Charts are what determine budgets for future releases and the promotion behind it. Sure this is written in an artist's contract, but it can be amended favorably to the artist. We've seen this amended several times in Gaga's career, as I'm pretty sure she was initially given a $6 million advance per album and we saw it balloon to $20 million if I remember correctly.

If you love McDonald's and the closest one you have is 20 minutes away, you probably won't get another location closer to you if the initial McDonald's does not sell a lot of burgers.  The initial McDonald's probably won't get another franchise agreement if it doesn't sell a minimum amount either. 

• Like 1

Controversiaga

Gaga can no way in hell beat Taylor’s record even if Taylor doesn’t release. Gaga does not get those kind of numbers 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

hpmcmill

People need to chill. This is Taylor’s career and we can only wish our faves were as hungry for it and kept us so constantly fed. Comments about anti-woman this or that, she IS a woman and a powerful one at that. It we are going to live in a society of billionaires (a fact where we like it or not) better there be more woman (Taylor, Rihanna) than not. Charli getting #2 is still great and something to celebrate, sorry Taylor keeps winning and fans keep buying/or keep getting fed if you ask stans. 

• LMAO 2
  • Love 1

LadyxGaGa

dude if she doesn’t block her with this album she sure as hell going to when she announces reputation later this year 

LadyxGaGa

like someone called it but all of this backlash from non hardcore fans is her doing this on purpose to drive articles to drives drama 

Psyduck

Are you guys forgetting that Eminem will also release this year?

keep on looking for Psyduck

Edonis
17 minutes ago, Psyduck said:

Are you guys forgetting that Eminem will also release this year?

Eminem and Gaga are on the same label iirc, so their albums won’t be released at the same time. 

LadyxGaGa

i mean have we gotten to this point of any opposition is a assets to us 

do we want the person to b dethroning taylor to b someone we can root for or someone to just boot her 

Psyduck
11 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Eminem and Gaga are on the same label iirc, so their albums won’t be released at the same time. 

I mean Eminem could also pull numbers. He is the first blocker for Taylor. 

keep on looking for Psyduck

NATAH
4 hours ago, altern8version said:

baby this is a pop music forum, charts are gunna be discussed...

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 2

monketsharona
5 hours ago, jacs vs looser said:

Taylor is currently No. 1 with about 120K units, I believe Gaga could pull around 200K first week. I also don't think any new varians Taylor could release over a month from now would double her numbers. So I think Gaga is mostly safe. 

Until she decides to release Reputation TV #27374748 version

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 1