💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Katy Perry's ‘Witness' turns 7

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Anderson123

I've never liked Katy's music or persona except for a couple of songs here and there but anything after Teenage Dream and Prism leaving Dr. Luke and Bonnie McKee was going to be hard to top. She didn't have it easy and the way she wanted Witness to be her "new image" didn't even work that well. Chained To The Rhythm was cute though, if she sticked to the disco inspired sound it probably would've been a much better received album. Or who knows, maybe people were tired of her and it's understandable.

• Like 1

dubstep111

My FAV album from her!!! I never understood the hate. 

• YAAAS 1

ThisGuyTony

She showed artistic growth with her sound and image. Sure the lyrics were cringe, but songs like Power, Tsunami, Dance With The Devil >>>>

ezgif-2-ec311f9697.thumb.gif.59e06e8c503

• YAAAS 1

KubaM316
Posted (edited)

Probably my least favorite album from her but still such a great record. Definitely deserved wayy better

I remember after my first listening I was like: ok... it's fine?
And then during my second listening I thought (already during the opening track): ...HEY THIS IS GOOD. LIKE ACTUALLY GOOD. HOW COME I DIDN'T HEAR THAT BEFORE?? :ladyhaha:

Edited by KubaM316

SpiritBunny

It is a terrible album and it flopped for a reason it wasn't just her haircut like gays on the internet like to think. 

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Poltergeist

Witness is what makes me feel connection between Katy and Gaga.

Both Witness and ARTPOP are my favorite albums by them. Both are either loved or hated, there's no in-between. We're all just looking for connection, we all want to be seen!

I've been getting messages from my deep waters

beaublue

Arguably her best album in terms of depth & creative risk. Like the album is almost no skips, it’s just the way she marketed it that was confusing & a bit cringe at times. Unfortunately I think cutting her hair had a huge impact which it shouldn’t have.

lastpopicon

Why people care about her air at all?

It was just a new look.

I honestly think she looked great, people are dumb.

The melody that you choose can rescue you

NATAH

i'm gunna relisten to this actually and see if my opinion has changed...

mother, what must i do?

Sneaky Oliver
Posted (edited)

Honestly if they had marketed this album differently, I could see it being more commercially successful. Roulette, Deja Vu and even the title track were meant to be big hits. Chained To The Rhythm was cute, she could have kept the political message more subliminal like a double meaning about being actually addicted to music but the political “hidden message” was way too on the nose 

Dropping a video for Hey Hey Hey and not Roulette or Deja Vu was a crime

Edited by Sneaky Oliver
I’m on my Legacy Act era

SimonBaetens
10 hours ago, Agunimon said:

In retrospect, this era was truly done so dirty. She switched up her image and her sound - and has some great tracks on this album with far more interesting production choices, and it didn't hit for some reason. Next era, people complained that she went back to the caricature and sounds she established with Teenage Dream and Prism...

true, but she was very overexposed at the time and people got tired of her

NATAH

yeah no this album is mid at best... BA would have been a monster hit in any other era though

mother, what must i do?

culturalbaptism

Witness deserved so much better.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

Louvre
9 hours ago, Simon said:

Witness is her best song such a great opener. 

Finally someone who gets it

CatelynnMarie

this is my absolute FAVORITE katy album :bradley:

i cannot even describe it, but what life was like at the time for me, it truly helped me through so much. it also reminds me a lot of california. the first time i ever got to go was during Witness era. Bon Appetit had just released so the full album wasn't out yet, but i just always think of that. LOVED CTTR too. the performance she did at i think it was the grammys?? with the mirror house?? i thought that was so cool. i still think Tsunami is one of the most underrated songs. it's SUCH a chill vibe, it literally feels like you're floating along with the waves. Roulette?!?! PLSSS :giveup: