Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
new video

Billie Eilish - CHIHIRO

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

LadyxGaGa

i wonder how many mv we are getting what we get one for each song???

Gorehound
Posted (edited)

I genuinely feel sorry for the people who can’t see the magic in this. There’s something aesthetically brilliant and striking about this video.

Even me at first, I was like “what is this??”, then as it progressed I found that it moved me way more than any music video I’ve seen in a long time.

It’s hazy and dream-like yet also so raw and visceral and compliments the song perfectly. It's really effective at telling the story, and that violent ending in the grass hits so hard.

As Gaga fans we love our big budget flashy videos but it’s so nice to see a young artist explore alternative styles in film. This is so retro and stylish and carefree. It makes it seem so much more real and authentic. The big extravagant HD music videos often seem a bit fake and artificial to me.

And as an ex art student I love that she’s dabbling into the home-made/found footage style, it’ll help inspire budding film makers and artists and teach them that there is style and beauty outside of budget and pomp.

This is the kind of visuals I can see being exhibited in a contemporary art gallery. It’s oozing with emotion and serving classic grunge, trip-hop, retro urban, and a idgaf casual coolness. Well done Billie :applause:

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

LadyxGaGa
3 minutes ago, Gorehound said:

I genuinely feel sorry for the people who can’t see the magic in this. There’s something aesthetically brilliant and striking about this video.

Even me at first, I was like “what is this??”, then as it progressed I found that it moved me way more than any music video I’ve seen in a long time.

It’s hazy and dream-like yet also so raw and visceral and compliments the song perfectly. It's really effective at telling the story, and that violent ending in the grass hits so hard.

As Gaga fans we love our big budget flashy videos but it’s so nice to see a young artist explore alternative styles in film. This is so retro and stylish and carefree. It makes it seem so much more real and authentic. The big extravagant HD music videos often seem a bit fake and artificial to me.

And as an ex art student I love that she’s dabbling into the home-made/found footage style, it’ll help inspire budding film makers and artists and teach them that there is style and beauty outside of budget and pomp.

This is the kind of visuals I can see being exhibited in a contemporary art gallery. It’s oozing with emotion and serving classic grunge, trip-hop, retro urban, and a idgaf casual coolness. Well done Billie :applause:

E X A C T L Y

and it had me paying attention the moment she opened the door 

it’s a well done one esp directed by her. i’m so proud of billie 

• Love 2

NATAH
9 minutes ago, Gorehound said:

i would love to see Gaga pull of something this minimal yet raw, i think she could really tell a story this way

like Marry The Night but less of a pop culture spectacle

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2

Gorehound
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, HermesGr said:

Everyone: "oh wow what a video! Omigi perfect"

Imagine Gaga with the lead single n a video like this... the meltdown!!! 💥🤣

I LOVE the song tho. The production SUPERB! Finneas became first class producer.

Billie is super cute here 

The video is average n i m kind. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes but Gaga and Billie are two totally different artists. This style just wouldn’t suit Gaga overall. Her music is too extravagant, polished and commonly artificial sounding. (Tho I could see this vibe working for a couple of songs on Joanne maybe).

As pop fans we are too conditioned to expect big high-budget flashy music videos. This video is the antithesis of all that pomp and treads more into Lana Del Rey’s lane etc (Massive Attack, Crystal Castles, early Arca, Radiohead etc). It mixes contemporary dance with the found footage aesthetic and I think it’s really stylish, enigmatic and emotional. Sometimes less is definitely more and this is a great example of that. This is way more art than pop and it really moved me and heightened the song.

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 1

Gorehound
2 minutes ago, NATAH said:

i would love to see Gaga pull of something this minimal yet raw, i think she could really tell a story this way

like Marry The Night but less of a pop culture spectacle

Oh man she would take this found footage style to a whole other level! Imagine!

And tbf if done right it could actually work well for a fair few of her songs. Especially the ones that use a lot of distortion like So Happy I Could Die, Heavy Metal Lover, Electric Chapel etc.

I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 1

tyler k

okay like I get the minimalism, and lo-fi nature of the video, but honestly it doesn't really do much nor go anywhere imo. I don't need an expensive flashy video either, I guess I just don't grasp what story she's trying to tell with the video

still love the song though, my favorite song of the year 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Thanks 3

Super
Posted (edited)

well....

its cute

ill give her that.

needed direct spirited away references

im more happy that shes bringing more recognition to the best song on the album .. and probably one of the best songs of the year ...

Edited by Super

Morphine Prince
5 hours ago, lastpopicon said:

This MV seems like a high school video project. I'm sorry. :iamfair:

I like the video but you’re right :air: 

• Like 2

King of the Fall
Posted (edited)

I like the album but have been underwhelmed by the videos and overall aesthetic of this era

I dont really think Billie has done a very good job of capturing something specific, similar to radical optimism 

Edited by King of the Fall
He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite
  • Shook 1

lastpopicon

I think she is insanely talented. 

And she's so beautiful in these last 2 mv's, it's honestly insane how pretty she is. 

I guess if her intention was going for something simple this kinda works but I'm a Gaga obsessed.. I'm not surprised it's not exactly for me lol :cryga:

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • YAAAS 1

weed

she is so pretty

It's giving me more adult, more realizing herself. Feeling confident and gorg

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

A Very Gaga Holida
7 hours ago, NATAH said:

i would love to see Gaga pull of something this minimal yet raw

Where were you when Joanne was released? :deadbanana:

• YAAAS 2

lastpopicon

Yeah, i could easily shade the million reasons why video. :oops:

But it's from Gaga, so it's still perfect. :iamfair:

The melody that you choose can rescue you

A Very Gaga Holida
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, lastpopicon said:

million reasons why

:air:

5 minutes ago, lastpopicon said:

Be honest :dom: (couldn’t quote this for some reason but I reacted to “it’s from Gaga, so it’s still perfect”)

Edited by LG7 time now
  • LMAO 1