💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Update: Taylor Swift drops 2 new variants of The Tortured Poets Department again

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Westerosi

Snl Weekend Update GIF by Saturday Night Live

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  • Like 1

Chlorine
2 hours ago, WhiteWitch said:

I have never had an issue with anti-capitalist tactics, particularly when I purchase two physical copies and still use streaming. I also don’t support trademarks or copyright beyond an artist’s death. I don’t think most fans actually understand the varying payouts of individual artists either. Pirating usually hurts record labels far more often than it hurts artists and even that is a simplification on my ethical viewpoint on this. But if you’re voting, it’s gonna be with your wallet not the void. Screaming online is just engagement KPIs and Ad Sense, flame bait is highly profitable. No one who should care, actually cares about crowd opinions.

The US priority is primarily in profit margins, particularly in the short-term. I also am not in some state of shock by her Capitalist antics, her parents have a highly corporate background and none of this is remotely new. Those are also reasons I’m studying forensic accounting, because I agree with much of the criticism towards Capitalist tendencies, but I also don’t think the focus that will actually help is in the right place. And I’m not waiting for representatives to care when they are part of that system or wasting time yelling. I’m learning how the play the game to help people understand how to change the rules.

So you don't defend what Taylor is doing and agree her capitalist antics warrant criticism. 

Yes, I absolutely did mention it in defense because frankly, much of the anti-Taylor group has gotten equally as incendiary as extreme Taylor stans are, and I’m tired of internet wars, oversimplifications, and disinformation. As indicated by other responses I’ve given, my personal take on the Kim drama was that everyone was acting childish, it always was. I’m not a hardcore Taylor fan, wasn’t even a casual fan till folklore, but I’m also not about people acting more shady than actually necessary about either. I take the same position with every artist. Criticism is fine and fair, but being spiteful and anti-anyone as a personality trait isn’t, neither are mobs whether online or not. I don’t think individual situations make the sum whole of whether someone is a good or bad person. In fact, I don’t personally believe most people are either good or bad, we’re people and all people make good and bad decisions. 

The user you quoted, StrawberryBlond, was aiming to combat disinformation, and you told them they cared too much...

Not every thread about Taylor Swift needs to become a s*** on TS thread. I’m personally just out here trying to enjoy as much music from as many artists as I can in 2024 and find some reconnection with other humans, not scream about who is taking up what or how much space. Most people are more receptive to you sharing the good about artists you enjoy than crapping on artists that they like. No one said you had to like them too, and being shady isn’t changing anyone’s minds. Unless there becomes a rule that only Gaga can be discussed here, there are going to be Taylor threads, and Billie threads, and BeyoncĂ© threads, and Orville threads, and Aurora threads. I love it here for that exact reason just as much as I love it for Gaga. I don’t love the shade, drama, and conspiracy. 

It sucks when most are dunking on your fav. I think the conundrum facing Swifties at this particular moment is that she has become indefensible. That doesn't leave you with a lot of options, other than to just deal with it. And it's important to underscore Gaga is always the priority here, no one else gets special treatment. 

• Thanks 2

NATAH
15 minutes ago, Naak Le Vaar said:

You're more dramatic than TS :cryga:

I feel like fans for better or worse expect this from her. No new fan is gonna shill that much money for her to begin with. I'm not tech savvy and it's kinda easy to listen to it all. Idk seems like you have an axe to grind and use this to support your stance. 

of course i have an axe to grind, i've seen gaming fall into the pits of microtransaction hell and taylor is proving music can be the same...

fans shouldn't feel encouraged to steal music or pressured into having to buy the same album again within 48 hours, fans are fans because they want to support their favourite artists...

mother, what must i do?
  • Love 1

TheSine
7 hours ago, Naak Le Vaar said:

Just listen to it online. I don't pay for it. Those who have the cash can pay for it. She's not holding a gun to your head is she? 

You Dont Get It Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

đŸ–€Yiiking OutđŸ–€
  • Like 1

Argentum

She’s dropping one pretty much every day since it released. Is that 27 in a month? That’s pretty regular

quoting google:

”A healthy bowel movement frequency can range from three times a day to three times a week, but what's "normal" can vary from person to person.”

checks out 

"ΔΔΜ Î”ÎŻÏƒÎ±Îč Î±ÎłÎŹÏ€Î·. ΔΔΜ Î”ÎŻÏƒÎ±Îč Î±ÎłÎŹÏ€Î·. Î•ÎŻÏƒÎ±Îč ÎżÏ†ÎžÎ±Î»ÎŒÎ±Ï€ÎŹÏ„Î·. Η τέλΔÎčα ÎżÏ†ÎžÎ±Î»ÎŒÎ±Ï€ÎŹÏ„Î·" - ΛαίΎη ΓÎșÎŹÎłÎșα, 2016
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

StrawberryBlond
6 hours ago, WhiteWitch said:

So my question to people who care this much is accountability to who? You? Because this is a great example of unhealthy standom. I mean no disrespect, but I could genuinely not care less about disliking/hating any artist to this degree, or pursuing “justice” about a situation that I’m not involved in and therefore could not determine what justice and accountability even should be. I’ve been there, and it made me any everyone else around me miserable. 

Taking accountability for themselves. Own your mistakes and your bad decisions and learn from them. Taylor just couldn't accept she was wrong and too much pride will be her downfall. I'm not a fan of Taylor or Kim, I just want to ensure that liars are called out as such. You can't go around lying if you're as rich, famous and powerful as Taylor is. These kinds of people are potentially malicious and dangerous if their dishonesty isn't kept in check. Taylor let fame go to her head and thinks she can just do as she pleases without being held accountable or even questioned. What should have been a humbling moment for her just made her double down harder and her fans just ignored the evidence and convinced themselves the footage that made her look worse actually made her look better. My definition of what justice and accountability should be is "liars and gaslighters should be exposed." That holds true for celebrities or regular people. 

Squidward T

I love how people were complaining about Gaga being overexposed back in the day but that is nothing compared to Taylor. 

• Like 3

Naak Le Vaar
2 hours ago, NATAH said:

of course i have an axe to grind, i've seen gaming fall into the pits of microtransaction hell and taylor is proving music can be the same...

fans shouldn't feel encouraged to steal music or pressured into having to buy the same album again within 48 hours, fans are fans because they want to support their favourite artists

Idk about this fear monegering. What she's doing is universes away from what the gaming sphere is going through. Taylor's not the only one doing this and again, people can still listen to it if they want to or pay for if it they can afford to. Everything else is complaining just for the sake of it.

Lmao they blocked my signature

altern8version
On 6/1/2024 at 3:29 PM, PartySick said:

It is so painfully obvious how money hungry she and her people are.

hey those private plane trips are expensive 

:stalkga:

• LMAO 3

altern8version

the cover differences are as basic as I feel she is 

she’s like if a starbucks coffee came to life

• LMAO 3

doppelganger
On 6/2/2024 at 3:33 AM, PartySick said:

Can y'all imagine Gaga doing this :toofunny:

Joanne (standard)

Joanne (variant 1 with bonus track: Grigio Girls)

Joanne (variant 2 with bonus track: Just Another Day)

Joanne (variant 3 with bonus tracks: Grigio Girls & Just Another Day)

Joanne (variant 4 with bonus track: Million Reasons Work Tape)

Joanne (variant 5 with bonus track: Angel Down Work Tape)

Joanne (variant 6 with bonus track: Joanne (Where Do You Think You're Goin') Piano Version)

Joanne (variant 7 with bonus tracks: Perfect Illusion Fanmade Demo & Perfect Illusion Live Acoustic)

Joanne (variant 8 with bonus track: Sinner's Prayer Acoustic)

Etc etc etc etc :toofunny:

This will take Gaga's team 8 years ... 

• LMAO 2

JorgeX
44 minutes ago, Squidward T said:

I love how people were complaining about Gaga being overexposed back in the day but that is nothing compared to Taylor. 

Gaga overexposure was fun.

• Like 1

Freud

I find it irritating, that Billboard is not changing their charting policies.

They changed the bundles back in the days when nicki tried to use it for charts.

I believe they changed the 0,99 $ album sales after Gaga did it with BTW.

Billboard should be more conservative with how they count every new version their own.

If you have 4 different covers, but he same songs on it, it's one Album. But as soon as the Album versions differs song-wise with speed up-versions, instrumentals, only one song added, it should be considered a new body of work. 

IHE
Posted (edited)

Taylor isn’t bothered and nobody needs to buy these. Her fans buy them or they don’t. She’s getting sales from people who haven’t purchased yet or from collectors. đŸ€·đŸ»â€â™€ïž The people who don’t like her were never going to buy them anyway. đŸ€·đŸ»â€â™€ïž Genius marketing. 

Edited by IHE

M i K E Y
15 hours ago, altern8version said:

she’s like if a starbucks coffee came to life

I’m howling :sharon:

• Love 1

• Teletubby changed the title to Update: Taylor Swift drops 2 new variants of The Tortured Poets Department again