đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billie Eilish: 16 songs, nobody needs that many songs

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Max
39 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

i hope you didn't mean Halley's Comet by that... 

What if I did

• LMAO 1
  • Shook 1

LadyxGaGa

yeeee shorter albums are rly nice and they keep u coming back for more 

• Like 1

TEANUS
Posted (edited)

Short albums are a double edged sword for me. For example, 13 tracks (11 full-length songs plus intro and an interlude) on eternal sunshine to me is too short because it was her longest wait in between albums only to produce her shortest album (36 minutes) and I don’t use the last three songs at all so in my eyes I waited over 3 years for 8 songs that I like. It does work for the tracks I do like tho cause they’re on repeat. But then you have thank u, next where it was 12 songs and I use all but one of them (make up) and they’re all flawless and I think it’s short length makes it her magnum opus. BUUUUT it also came a mere 6 months after Sweetener so a shorter album was still a huge gift. I think with the girls taking longer and longer to release albums they have to expect that the desire for more content is higher.

tl;dr if LG7 is less than 12 full length songs im gonna be gutted lol

edit - this thread made me remember being 14 and being disappointed that ARTPOP was “only” 15 songs lol after waiting “a whole 2.5 years” :laughga:

Edited by TEANUS
British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Like 1

StressedOut

I'm pretty sure she's speaking moreso over her own creative throughput, but I tend to agree with her even generally. 

While I am sure that there are artists who could put out an album with 20+ QUALITY songs, it's kind of an audacious undertaking. The fact that a song makes it on an album at all is already a cosign by the performing artist, "yes this is a good song I want to release it". But self-editing is still important, do they really like the song or is it inspired by desire to inflate streams... Bad bunny and Drake in my eyes, kinda follow this tactic. With a lot of songs giving the same energy or doing something that another track already did better. (An assessment that is subjective) 

When it comes down to it, fans are the intended audiences so, what is/isn't 'filler' isn't for one person to say, and goes back to personal taste. But yeah, I'm open to someone releasing a 30 track masterpiece soon...

• Like 1

ProfessionalClown
7 hours ago, Lextyr97 said:

I agree wholeheartedly. 16 songs just doesn’t make for a completely front to back solid body of work. 10-12 usually does it for me. I wish artists, with streaming being a thing now, would release filler as droplets separate from an album

to me 10-12 is way too little and more of a “oh here’s a vibe” and it’s immediately cut short unless the songs are strong enough on their own, which most aren’t 

Nacchi

I am living for this Taylor - Billie feud :ladyhaha:

99% of GGD seems to hate Taylor lately but I am proud to be part of that 1% left :ororomunroe:

63grekke

all fun and games til LG7 is 9 tracks long lol.

Anderson123

I think people got the wrong idea about what she meant with that quote. I'm watching the interview and what they mean with Happier Than Ever is that they were at a place in their lives where they felt "kind of c0cky" about the music they were making and Finneas comments that there were times he'd work on a song for ONE day and say that it was done. So they started making this and this and this song and ended up with that amount of tracks for it just because they felt they were THAT good as artists.

In "Hit Me Hard And Soft" case, she went through some identity crisis and every time they were working on a song it was more like they really gave it the whole attention to work on it and wondering where to take each of them.

Sugar Baby

Agreed

HTE was a great record but with only 11-12 songs it would have been way more solid 

Anderson123

A bit off topic but still watching the interview and I think it's very interesting to hear that Blue as people know, the first half is True Blue the very old unreleased song but there's also another part that is from "Born Blue" a track they were making during Happier Than Ever that they removed but brought back for these sessions to put them together as Blue.

HausOfHarlow

I don't mind shorter albums but I just hate the look of and length of 10 or 11 songs. Just give me 12. Madonna knew what she was doing when (all in order), Confessions, Hard Candy, and MDNA had 12 songs on their standard editions. 12 is a perfect number. And not 12 with a few interludes - 12 full songs. 

If we're going for deluxe albums, I love 12 + 4 (16) long albums. There's usually at least one amazing standout track on the deluxe edition, then 1-3 okay-ish songs. But if I love the artist, I can appreciate a 16-track album. Anything over 18-ish becomes overwhelming and annoying. To me, anyways. 

• Like 1

LadyxGaGa

I hope rihanna’s new album is only 10 tracks 

PartySick

Billie's 0/3 for me tonight with the bad takes and rotten choices :triggered:

Not being able to fill a 16 track album with quality content sounds like a skill issue to me tbh. Artists shouldn't be afraid to let their fans sit with their work for longer than 40 minutes.

If you think your songs are "fillers" then write better songs, girl. Idk what else to tell you.

đź’š