Pitchfork Gave Billie Eilish's Hit Me Hard And Soft A 6.8 Rating

RAMROD

Featured Posts

River

we hate pitchfork again :party:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 3

Sunny

Her singing is insufferable to me so I agree!

I like dancin', and ponies....
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2

SimonBaetens
4 hours ago, doraemon said:

they gave TTPD 6.6, who cares.

which was far too generous for the teenage diary audiobook that that album is

• Like 2
  • LMAO 5
  • Thanks 4

InsomniaMonster69

I mean... it's not her best album but I think they rated it a bit too low... I would give it a good 7.9

• Like 1

Westerosi

"Jon Castelli’s brightly saturated mix leaves the extraneous elements to fight for space in the more crowded sections."

Clearly this critic needs a better sound system. I could understand this argument if they listened to HMHAS from some headphones from the dollar store, but PLEASE.

I'm not going to call the album a masterpiece. It isn't. But it's a damm good record and has been mixed and mastered far better than any of her previous albums.

Should we all have a whip round to help this critic buy some Edifier speakers?

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  • Like 3

bim

I’ve seen the critique a few times that her music lacks an explosive/catchy/strong chorus, as well as digs at her multi-track/tempo shifts in a song. Why does music have to follow a formula? Or why is music considered ‘less interesting’ or ‘bad’ because it is presented in a way we’re not used to?

Billie herself has said she’s not a pop girl, yet many expect her to follow the radio-pop formula of a song. Her and Finneas are having fun, experimenting and pouring their hearts into these records and it clearly shows, and I find that passion and energy to be incredibly infectious in the music they create.

Vocally and production-wise, this album is a knockout. The songs are cinematic and take you on a journey. Emotions are complex and there are times when you can feel sweet and sentimental and the next minute have that completely change. The change up in l’amour de ma vie comes after her singing ‘and you moved on’ repeatedly. I see this as having a tender moment thinking someone was the love of your live and when you start thinking about how they moved on your mood can shift and you’ll want to rage dance it out. I find it quite brilliant.

This rating feels harsh and biased. We need more unbiased music aficionados in these positions, especially the Grammys. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

LadyxGaGa

they just still salty because of the vogue buy out 

djBuffoon

That O word again: overrated.

It's not a thing... Everyone rates art according to their preferences, background, expectations, and dozens of other factors. To say that something is 'overrated' is to suggest that you're right and everyone else is wrong. :max:

• Thanks 3

Plastic Flower
41 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Oh not this. :triggered: Makes sense now.

Drop it

RAMROD
1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said:

I- 

how is this person qualify?!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Roughhouse Dandy

I agree with maybe 2 sentences of their review, but the score is dead-on for me and I'm glad I'm not the only non-hater in the world who doesn't get the hype. The 2nd half is almost perfect along with a few standout moments near the beginning. 6.8 feels correct. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.