Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How do you feel about Gaga's activism choices?

mic

Featured Posts

mic
Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2024 at 11:25 AM, MonSwiftAnton said:

She’s done plenty of activism through the years, more than many. She doesn’t have to fight in every battle. 

However I find it interesting how many come to her defence but are the first to criticize other female artists. 

The last bit is spot on! This topic showcases a severe hypocrisy among this fandom. Also, people here openly say (not always literally) it is good she does not support crucial cases or behave responsibly only because she supports them (gays or trans or BLM). It is shocking to me

Edited by mic

mic
On 5/19/2024 at 4:11 AM, ALGAYDO said:

I’m fairly certain that Gaga’s been doing behind-the-scenes activism for Palestine. Remember when it came out that she was doing a lot of charity work behind closed doors with BLM and some artists organizations last year? 

Why behind closed doors though? Why Palestinians receive behind closed doors and queers receive open support?

Dancing Shadow
On 5/18/2024 at 2:45 PM, mic said:

- she collabs with Dylan Mulvaney then faced with media criticism she lashes out saying it is 'backlash'. People may love or hate Dylan, but without doubt Dylan's online presence has made reputation of trans community suffer tremendously.

say your transphobic without saying your transphobic:

"I hope that you will love me in this way For who I am—not then—but for today"
  • Thanks 1

weed

I think it would be nice if she were more outspoken nowadays, but she has done a decade and more of fantastic activism, more than any of her peers by far, so I don’t need a constant reassurance of where she stands. 

Would love her to be more active, but does it matter what I would love for her to do? She is a human, with already so many expectations.

ALGAYDO
48 minutes ago, mic said:

Why behind closed doors though? Why Palestinians receive behind closed doors and queers receive open support?

Because a huge part of Gaga’s brand is LGBT support? She’s never been a fierce activist with some of the stuff we’ve found out she’s being doing BTS. That doesn’t mean she cares about those issues any less, sometimes it’s better to make moves behind doors. Not because they’re not important, but she’s probably trying to protect her own brand. Doesn’t make her activism any less important 

SlowLoris
On 5/18/2024 at 8:45 PM, mic said:

As we know Gaga is a huge superstar, probably the biggest when it comes to talking about social issues. Hell - she build her own foundation for that matter even.

The gays, lesbians and bisexuals have much to thank her for. The trans and black people more recently even more so.

Amidst all of her activism though I can see absolutely no mention of certain critical issues, which are no less connected with the topic of social justice and relevant to the US politics she likes to get involved in so much.

Namely:

- she speaks nothing about climate change, instead launches a huge brand dumping tonnes of plastic into the environment,

- she actively supports zionist politicians and performs regularly in israel. She did not say a word about the injustice done in Palestine, Yemen and other locations in the region. One could say 'well she is just a postar', but then - look above what I wrote,

- she collabs with Dylan Mulvaney then faced with media criticism she lashes out saying it is 'backlash'. People may love or hate Dylan, but without doubt Dylan's online presence has made reputation of trans community suffer tremendously.

Thoughts? Do you support her stance no matter what or do you reserve right to have own opinion and acknowledge her inconsequence?

Her silence on Palestine is kinda shameful tbh

SHALLOW

Who t f cares. As long as she's not going completely against my beliefs and she makes good music, I'll keep listening to her.

She's not Jesus. She can't be right all the time and she can't solve all of our problems. What she's doing is enough.

(Tho i agree, Haus Labs is unnecessary and she should've never created it :enigma:)

SHALLOW
11 minutes ago, SlowLoris said:

Her silence on Palestine is kinda shameful tbh

It's not like her talking about it will change anything

SlowLoris
17 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

It's not like her talking about it will change anything

No, but having millions of dollars and a large platform can be impactful on raising awareness 

27monster27
5 hours ago, mic said:

Please learn to read, I did not state trans people are bad. Next

Please learn respect. I am talking about how you need to understand that the audiences that get mad at Dylan Mulvaney (primarily referring to conservatives) are the ones saying this.

he/him/his

palma

I'm actually glad she's sticking to issues that she is actually informed about and capable of actually ushering in some positive change. :huntyga:

Even during BLM, where she tried her hardest to do something good, some people on the internet tore her apart for coming across as tone-deaf and virtue-signaling - because of who she is and to some, her effort went unrecognized. Now, I'm not saying she should shut her mouth but I am pretty satisfied with her activism on mental health and queer issues and that's it. :partysick: