💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What was it like being a Gaga fan in 2009-2011?

ImAnEnigma26

Featured Posts

ImAnEnigma26
Posted (edited)

I was 8-10 years old in 2009-2011, so I didn't really use the internet much. I just watched her MVs occasionally and heard her songs on the radio. I'm curious to know what it was like being a full on stan of Gaga during this monumental time in her career? I can't imagine being the age I am now (22) and getting to experience the rollout of TF(M) and BTW. Seems like it was a really exciting time to be a Gaga fan. How was it for y'all that were around at that time? 

Edit: Also why do all the profile pics I upload look like sh*t? :saladga: so pixelated 

Edited by ImAnEnigma26
  • Like 2

Bonkers

Most of us were in hiding because angry gay men around 40 were hunting us on behalf of Madonna.  :messga:  Frankly, I'm surprised we're still alive to tell the tales.

And when we did find safe spaces, it was usually a question of people seeing Gaga's impact but questioning if she would have any staying power.  

We also didn't know for sure she was from Earth and at times we did wonder if she had a penis. :saladga:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates
  • LMAO 5
  • Shook 1

Blackout19

I remember buying everything I was finding about her. 

Listening her music everyday. :heart:

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

River

BR was such a wild ride, Burim exclusive baby leaked the demo and it caught everyone by surprised by how good the song is, and then Gaga tweeted like "wait until u hear the final version" and she didn't lie... first time listening BR was like an experience of a lifetime :giveup:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 2

malzejar

I was like 9 😪 so probably a very annoying experience for my classmates 

• Like 1

malzejar
3 minutes ago, River said:

BR was such a wild ride, Burim exclusive baby leaked the demo and it caught everyone by surprised by how good the song is, and then Gaga tweeted like "wait until u hear the final version" and she didn't lie... first time listening BR was like an experience of a lifetime :giveup:

I remember having the BR and Alejandro demo on my mp3 :bradley:

• YAAAS 3

River
Just now, YuriG said:

I remember having the BR and Alejandro demo on my mp3 :bradley:

SAME

And I kept on singing BR with brim exclusive baby for months :messga:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • LMAO 2

Ashley

It was soo much fun. Music videos were always a huge event, Gagadaily was popping with new threads all the time, there were new performances and interviews everyday when she was promoting BTW. I remember skipping class to watch her on some morning talk show once lol.

• Love 1

NATAH

basically what swifties have now but more interesting and exciting

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 7

plane jane
13 minutes ago, River said:

And I kept on singing BR with brim exclusive baby for months :messga:

HELP :air: nostalgia hitting hard with this one lol. 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1

himerosxo

It’s one of those ‘you just had to be there’ situations. It was really special! Especially tour wise. The Monster Ball was running and the transition into the BTW era was an experience. :kara:

• Love 1

monstertoronto

It was an amazing time. I remember loving Just Dance right away and then Poker Face but wondering if she was just a flash in the pan. But I was living for her weird outfits and she getting a lot of press. When Bad Romance dropped it was amazing. Everyone liked her suddenly and the press was fully documenting all her weird outfits. It was fun and exciting to be a fan because she kept coming out with videos and interviews and looks. I went to the Monster Ball and had the best time because so many people had dressed up in different Gaga looks and the energy and giddiness was off the charts. I also remember going to Monster Ball 2.0 in arenas and seeing soccer moms standing next to drag queens watching videos of Gaga with tentacles in her mouth and wearing gas masks and I just loved this woman for making queer weird art so mainstream that normies were watching this. Every time she released a video the mainstream media on TV would advertise it like a big event. It was a crazy good time. 

• Love 1

plane jane

my obsession with BR (and TFM in general) was a little bit unhealthy, like I would switch music channels all day to catch the BR music video and watch it for the 1000th time lmao. I would listen to the demo, studio version, acapella, instrumental back to back over and over again... 

she was everywhere, people would discuss her fashion, music videos, performances every day lol. 

• Like 1

steven

It was such an exciting time to be a fan of her at that time. I remember watching the premiere of BR video in class and everyone was gagging. It was truly her peak era.