💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision Song Contest 2025, Switzerland

Dutch

Featured Posts

Born This Way

Appreciation post for Joost Klein's suit being made in one of the most beautiful blues, International Klein Blue (developed by Yves Klein).

11eurovision-disqualified-ptjh-articleLa

1*TG8639aZOmd6CdtYtM3eNg.jpeg

Avada Kedavra I speak to destroy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Slappy
On 5/19/2024 at 4:07 PM, endeven said:

Well, kind of boycott this year ESC cause the Israel participation destroyed the joy of the contest and denied sharing true european values. EBU double standards and hypocrisy won, thankfully Switzerland took the trophy. 

But the real total artistic cultural music diversity queen was Marina Satti from Greece. "Zari" placed 11th but she brought the most refreshing vibe to the scene mixing lots of genres. I follow her for years admiring her vocal skills and her consequence in blending modern urban sounds with traditional greek instruments and polyphonic way of singing. 

few days ago she released brilliant EP called P.O.P

As always every track is in greek but You can feel how modern unique and bold it is. POP could mean anything and sounds like everything. POP doesnt have to sound like typical anglo saxon western cliche music. Marina Satti proves POP is also a fascinating melange of greek, turkish, eastern arabic, urban contemporary sounds. Absolutely slay. The 10 minute long track "Mixtape" broke some spotify records in Greece beating Taylor Swift. My fav is the last song on EP called "Ah Thalassa". Stunning, simple, beautiful. Recommend. <3 

Are you from greece? The album is such a troll but it also represents greek culture so accurately. I‘ve also been following her for quite some time now but much more since she released zari. 

Honestly, I feel like she was connecting with so many people during esc and I hope she will get more EU recognition out of this. 

• Like 2

endeven
Posted (edited)

I`m from Poland. First, few years ago I read about Marina Satti in some wizzair magazine during the flight XD

Later I checked Mantissa and Koupes and other stuff on yt, especially live performances like on KEXP and 525 live sessions en Lefko 87.7 and I started to follow her heavy. She `s so f talented and brilliant. For me its the same vibe as Rosalia. They both extract from their national rich music culture and transformed it to something new and unique somehow. I really hope she will benefit more and more from eurovision and gets bigger european audience. She deserves it. 

Like this one so much:

Edited by endeven
add some you tube link with one of marina satti performance
  • Like 2

Slappy
19 minutes ago, endeven said:

I`m from Poland. First, few years ago I read about Marina Satti in some wizzair magazine during the flight XD

Later I checked Mantissa and Koupes and other stuff on yt, especially live performances like on KEXP and 525 live sessions en Lefko 87.7 and I started to follow her heavy. She `s so f talented and brilliant. For me its the same vibe as Rosalia. They both extract from their national rich music culture and transformed it to something new and unique somehow. I really hope she will benefit more and more from eurovision and gets bigger european audience. She deserves it. 

Like this one so much:

Oh wow. That’s really cool that you knew her then! I also like this performance of her a lot:

She has gotten really popular in greece and zari has become a hit i believe but she also has gottten a lot of hate (especially by the media) about the things she has said and done during in ESC. Also her music might be popular but not everyone’s cup of tea. She addresses all of that in her new EP and people have been going wild. 

• Love 1

palma

Loving to see the Marina stanning on this thread :vegas:

P.O.P. is such a fun album and she's definitely one of the most interesting artists to come out of eurovision (for me) in the recent years. I also REALLY enjoy her debut "YENNA." 

She's lowkey smashing in Turkey too - her new album was featured on New Music Friday Spotify playlist over here and Istanbul is her #4 largest city on monthly listeners (thanks to me and my bf :ororomunroe:). Although she wasn't in top 10 (a scandal), I think she won. I can easily see her touring across the Balkans.

We love to see a Berklee School of Music grad, ethnic bop serving, vocally versatile, eternally youthful, eclectic and unique, Greek-Sudanese Goddess that is on the right side of history making numbers :vegas:

Dutch
Posted (edited)

Seems like that country won’t go anywhere.

GOK6NhYXYAA9ELF?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Dutch
  • Sad 2

Dutch

Nothing will change for 2025. I hope we just stop participating. 

• Like 1

Juanlittlem
10 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Mess, wasnt the contract over in 2024?

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

SwissMonster
12 minutes ago, Dutch said:

The mess, like, as if there is no other company that could sponsor Eurovision??

This gives me a little glimpse of hope tho (the Joost situation still being poorly treated tho :alsemanche:):

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

DesertWolf
13 minutes ago, Dutch said:

so the EBU has been silent regarding the whole mess just cause they were renegotiating their deal with Moroccanoil? 

i am disgusted love and hip hop atlanta GIF by RealityTVGIFs

JOYRIDE
  • Like 1

palma
1 hour ago, Dutch said:

Mess. I hope many countries decide to withdraw. They ruined this competition ffs. 

• Like 1

Dutch
2 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

The mess, like, as if there is no other company that could sponsor Eurovision??

This gives me a little glimpse of hope tho (the Joost situation still being poorly treated tho :alsemanche:):

I was referring to this whit my post about nothing will change in 2025. I honestly don’t get how you got hope out of this? I only see a EBU member acting like just some minor things happened which they will “look” at but won’t learn a thing from or reflect on it and just do the same old ****. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SwissMonster
9 minutes ago, Dutch said:

I was referring to this whit my post about nothing will change in 2025. I honestly don’t get how you got hope out of this? I only see a EBU member acting like just some minor things happened which they will “look” at but won’t learn a thing from or reflect on it and just do the same old ****. 

Well the hope is that they apparently talk about certain events. And I said a glimpse of hope, not that I am hopeful, thats a difference I wanna underline nnn

Also just saw that the contract was made for 5 contests, not 5 years. With 2020 being cancelled that would mean 2025 is still within the contract

Not saying they couldn’t still just get rid of them tho :alsemanche: They really are that money hungry :alsemanche:

palma

I miss the Eurovision in the 2000s - that was the best decade tbh. Small countries could still afford to host the show, you didn't need to book JT or Madonna to make the show a spectacle, and you didn't need to cash in from the Eurovision brand through a ridiculous Netflix deal and everything. Sure, the voting was a mess but with the 50/50 system that was resolved too. I feel like the Swedes in the reference group ruined this by trying to go bigger and bigger every passing year and hosting became a nightmare. I am so bored of the Melodifestivalen (European version).

SwissMonster
1 hour ago, palma said:

I miss the Eurovision in the 2000s - that was the best decade tbh. Small countries could still afford to host the show, you didn't need to book JT or Madonna to make the show a spectacle, and you didn't need to cash in from the Eurovision brand through a ridiculous Netflix deal and everything. Sure, the voting was a mess but with the 50/50 system that was resolved too. I feel like the Swedes in the reference group ruined this by trying to go bigger and bigger every passing year and hosting became a nightmare. I am so bored of the Melodifestivalen (European version).

Yeah I feel that 100%

I wish broadcasters of every country would have more power in decisions, things would look different.

On the matter of Israel… Lets see if the ICC really comes through with the arrest warrant for Netanjahu. It would be a really baaaad look for the EBU if they would still keep Israel in the contest then. But knowing them they would come with the “its a broadcaster contest not countries blabla” :alsemanche:

• Like 1