Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision Song Contest 2025, Switzerland

Dutch

Featured Posts

Dutch
40 minutes ago, palma said:

Since COVID I'm under the impression that the Australian broadcaster doesn't really care to make an impact in the competition. :bear:

Yeah, same. Especially this year. The song felt like a last minute rush. The budget felt like 0. Sad. I really thought they could win soon. Dami Im said she wanted to return too…

• Shook 1

PartySick

Reminder than we do indeed warn for misgendering on this site :flower:

💚
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 3
  • Sad 1

Juanlittlem
25 minutes ago, PartySick said:

@River

Whoopi Goldberg Comedy GIF*boy

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • LMAO 5

RAMROD
16 hours ago, androiduser said:

Switzerland's win (and Croatia losing) has sparked an extremely homophobic reaction in Croatia, going as far as demands for LGBT people to be put in concentration camps, murdered, massacred, forcibly dragged to mental hospitals. The reaction from the bloodthirsty heterosexual majority is shocking, I have never witnessed such homophobia. Sadly, Facebook and Instagram are not removing threatening comments, asking for violent extermination of LGBT individuals.

That's terrible & disgusting :bradley:

Wish people won't resort to that.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ WUMBOLOGY! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

itsalice
34 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Why don't you immediately ban when people voice their opinions? 

:vegas:

PartySick
1 minute ago, itsalice said:

Why don't you immediately ban when people voice their opinions? 

:vegas:

Most people don't have "opinions" that are intentionally disrespecting genderqueer folks just to get a rise out of someone or prove some point :vegas:

Make a support thread if you'd like to talk about it but you'll be keeping the WPs regardless.

Love and light :heart:

💚
  • YAAAS 3
  • Thanks 1

RAMROD
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

you'll be keeping the WPs regardless.

You are dicussing moderation in public :teenidle:  :icant:

• LMAO 2

Juanlittlem

So according to Eurovoix we will know the city by September.

RAMROD
Just now, Juanlittlem said:

So according to Eurovoix we will know the city by September.

So you can book hotels and flights right after that :flower:

itsalice
3 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Most people don't have "opinions" that are intentionally disrespecting genderqueer folks just to get a rise out of someone or prove some point :vegas:

Make a support thread if you'd like to talk about it but you'll be keeping the WPs regardless.

Love and light :heart:

How did I disrespect genderqueer? We were discussing a completely different topic, not related to this, and I expressed my opinion after some peeps bringed this topic. No wonder why they say this forum is toxic.

Anyone on this forum who disagrees with your opinions will receive warnings.

Be guided by the logic of Eurovision.

Well done. :kiss:

Juanlittlem
4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

So you can book hotels and flights right after that :flower:

Or right now :flower:

Okinawa
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

Yeah that sounds about right.

It might be bias because of my hometown but I would say Basel has a higher chance then 25% cause Basel doesn’t have a hockey club to have scheduling conflicts with like Zürich + the fact its right at the border to Germany and France and has more international culture then Zürich + Its cheaper then Zürich. They have about the same size of arenas and also about the same amount of hotels as Basel is the biggest Expo City in Switzerland (ArtBasel for example, which hosts about the same amount of people if not more then Eurovision)

But yeah they probably go with the obvious choice and go with Zürich. Interestingly enough the City didn’t express their interest yet/right away like Basel or Geneva for example.

Geneva still has the EBU Headquarters + ESC history so maybe they get it because of that

I agree with you. Basel has the potential to host the ESC. The St. Jakobshalle is located in Münchenstein, and therefore strictly speaking it's Zürich vs Münchenstein. However, I think that the border location of Basel is unfortunately a counter-argument, why? Switzerland naturally wants to benefit financially from the ESC. Hosting the ESC is a financial cost (minus), while the promo effects result in tourism which is a financial plus. So Switzerland wants to maximize the plus. If it were hosted in Basel-Münchenstein, many people would stay overnight in France and Lörrach because Basel is expensive, but FR and DE are cheaper and almost as close. This would deprive Switzerland of financial income expected from ESC tourist income, while leaving it with the cost of hosting.  The advantage of Zürich would be that Switzerland would not have to share its income with neighbouring countries. Only Zürich and Bern fulfil this requirement. Even with Geneva, a lot of ESC tourism revenue would be lost to France because Geneva is surrounded by three sides by France. Let's remember how Switzerland will be placing its nuclear waste repository at Rhein Hohentengen on the German border to minimize radioactive radiation on Swiss territory and outsourcing potential radioacitivity to Germany, like in case of terror attacks.  According to this logic of "negatives at the border", "positives within", Zürich and Bern would have better chances. Bern could be considered because it is in the same canton where Nemo was born and lived, but it does not have an arena as suitable as Basel or Zürich. I wouldn't be against it taking place in Basel, not everything should take place in Zürich. It's great how decentralised Switzerland is. But I think Zurich will do it.

Let's not forget how many shopping centres were built in Lörrach and Weil am Rhein and how Baseler are flocking there for cheaper shopping. If the ESC was hosted in Münchenstein, people would buy things on the weekend on the German side.

atrium-1.jpg

Switzerland values money the most and therefore it will prefer to keep the money to itself in Zürich, imo. Indeed, EBU is in Geneva, but SRFs (largest Swiss TV) headquarter is in Zürich (and it is co-hosted by ESC+SRF (most important part of SRG)).

Edited by Okinawa
~We are Reel Cool~

Bronco
3 hours ago, Dutch said:

Sure.

tumblr_prihz6c3HI1rk3ieao3_540.gif

Honestly this & Sound of Silence were amazing entries that stomp on what a lot of ESC nations usually bring 

• YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Bronco

So I know this is for ESC 2025, but is anyone else unable to stop listening to an entry or multiple from this year?

Silvester's Luktelk is my new gym hype track. Perfect beat for cardio

• YAAAS 2

Ivannn
45 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

That's terrible & disgusting :bradley:

Wish people won't resort to that.

IT did not!!!

That profile is spreading misinformation.

• Like 2