event

Eurovision Song Contest 2025 in Basel, Switzerland

Dutch

Featured Posts

cookmyeggs

Hallenstadion in Zürich and St. Jakobshalle in Basel are probably the best candidates indeed as they are big cities with a suitable arena.

Palexpo has held concerts in the past with up to 20,000 people, so I think having the show there is entirely feasible. Geneva has actually already expressed their interest in hosting Eurovision in Palexpo.

As for the smaller cities with big arenas, I wonder if they would be able to actually house everyone involved in the show

AMRer

I am glad a non binary person won this, but it's still a joke of a competition. Israel top 5 and Spain in the bottom? C'mon, maybe people didn't get Spain lyrics and message, but it's one of the best Eurovision songs ever :tony:

• Thanks 1

palma

I want St. Jakobshalle for the most random reason :green:

Spoiler

I would make Gaga give concerts there on the stupid music business simulator game I used to play like 7 years ago :bear: they always sold out though :partysick:

Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something?

SwissMonster
2 hours ago, cookmyeggs said:

Palexpo has held concerts in the past with up to 20,000 people, so I think having the show there is entirely feasible. Geneva has actually already expressed their interest in hosting Eurovision in Palexpo.

Didn’t know that, then it’s definitely a contender. I guess its safe to say its either Zürich, Basel or Geneva

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999
  • Like 1

SwissMonster
3 hours ago, Juanlittlem said:

So I guess at the end the better option would be Basel even if it happens in Zurich since its 50 mins away? Imma check hotels oops

I mean you can look in both cities. Basel might be cheaper tho. But well Zurich or Basel wouldn’t help if its in geneva. Well idk, distances aren’t that long in Switzerland. Geneva is maybe like 2h

Juanlittlem
13 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

I mean you can look in both cities. Basel might be cheaper tho. But well Zurich or Basel wouldn’t help if its in geneva. Well idk, distances aren’t that long in Switzerland. Geneva is maybe like 2h

I guess I can book a hotel with cancellation in every city and just wait till announcement oops

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • YAAAS 2

androiduser

Switzerland's win (and Croatia losing) has sparked an extremely homophobic reaction in Croatia, going as far as demands for LGBT people to be put in concentration camps, murdered, massacred, forcibly dragged to mental hospitals. The reaction from the bloodthirsty heterosexual majority is shocking, I have never witnessed such homophobia. Sadly, Facebook and Instagram are not removing threatening comments, asking for violent extermination of LGBT individuals.

• LMAO 1
  • Shook 4
  • Sad 4

SwissMonster

SwissMonster
6 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Another BeNeLux country confirmed.

Why do I see that cursed Gaga video again nnnn

• LMAO 2

Dutch
1 minute ago, SwissMonster said:

Why do I see that cursed Gaga video again nnnn

Because Admin is still missing. :alsemanche:

itsalice
39 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Switzerland's win (and Croatia losing) has sparked an extremely homophobic reaction in Croatia, going as far as demands for LGBT people to be put in concentration camps, murdered, massacred, forcibly dragged to mental hospitals. The reaction from the bloodthirsty heterosexual majority is shocking, I have never witnessed such homophobia. Sadly, Facebook and Instagram are not removing threatening comments, asking for violent extermination of LGBT individuals.

I am very sure you are spreading misinformation. People here are actually more focused on BL than Nemo, really almost no one comments on him. As far as I was able to see from the sources, it is so. Of course, there will always be individuals who will comment on something negative, but such individuals exist in every country, not only in Croatia. But I haven't seen a single comment as negative as you wrote that everyone is talking about Nemo... :triggered:

• Like 1

River

My only problem with big events in switzerland is the amount of cigarettes smell and smoke, even if it’s not allowed in the arena, ppl smoke next to the doors and everything enters inside.

So I hope EBU will enforce some smoking rules ☠️

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • LMAO 1

SwissMonster

Nnnn

• LMAO 9

SwissMonster

Also is there a specific reason why nemo didn’t perform their rehearsed performance as winner performance?

• Dutch changed the title to Eurovision Song Contest 2025 in Basel, Switzerland