💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga shares preview for Babylon live from TCB

Kimmo

Featured Posts

M i K E Y

Honestly what do people expect from a concert film? It’s the show from different angles. That’s it. Maybe some effects or additional footage but idk what’s from for some with the clip? It looks like… a recorded performance :vegas:

• Thanks 4

Oriane

I've seen several comments suggesting she edited it, but she didn't say that. She was in the editing room, alongside the editor, as a director, which is regular practice.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

TimotheeChalamet
1 hour ago, bim said:

I loved how she did it on tour. She’s singing a song about being a free woman while surrounded by security and having to push her way through a crowd to get to her piano while fans are clawing at her and shoving phones in her face. Museum of Brutality indeed.

It reminds me of how when she talked about Free Woman being the title of the album she wanted the photo to be her behind prison bars. 

Yes, it was one of the show's highlights in my opinion 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Lextyr97
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Conservative Mom said:

the clip looks "amateurish", I may be wrong, but she probably wanted to create something personal and immersive, a contrast to Taylor Swift's speak now tour DVD which I found overproduced but my niece loved it. 

I struggle so hard with these comments because how. In what way does it look amateurish? If you get a cropped 25 second clip of the eras tour or Renaissance tour, or hell even the monster ball, and compare it to this, what makes those less amateur? I don’t understand. Especially when The Monster Ball HBO special even contains like 480p shots and other similar angled shots that are seen in this video… please someone give me an example. 

Edited by Lextyr97
  • Thanks 1

Linus Gaga
4 minutes ago, Lextyr97 said:

I struggle so hard with these comments because how. In what way does it look amateurish? If you get a cropped 25 second clip of the eras tour or Renaissance tour, or hell even the monster ball, and compare it to this, what makes those less amateur? I don’t understand. Especially when The Monster Ball HBO special even contains like 480p shots and other similar angled shots that are seen in this video… please someone give me an example. 

I think cuz the shots we have seen so far, it either hand held and steady shots, instead of those dolly track sliding shots or drone shots, so it gives the amateur vibe. 

I don't agree with that tho, cuz it is only 25 seconds and I'm sure there will be much more cinematic shoots coming, cuz in front of the main stage and catwalks, you can see there are a few camera bots sliding thru the whole show to capture movements and angles, I'm quite confident with those cameras.

Hit me a message and say hi !
  • YAAAS 1

Lextyr97
Just now, Linus Gaga said:

I think cuz the shots we have seen so far, it either hand held and steady shots, instead of those dolly track sliding shots or drone shots, so it gives the amateur vibe. 

I don't agree with that tho, cuz it is only 25 seconds and I'm sure there will be much more cinematic shoots coming, cuz in front of the main stage and catwalks, you can see there are a few camera bots sliding thru the whole show to capture movements and angles, I'm quite confident with those cameras.

Even looking at the trailer… it’s filled with cinematic shots so I really don’t get it lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

GunninMan

anyone else find it interesting that in the post with the trailer she mentioned the lyrics from Babylon, and then our first (and maybe only) teaser is a clip from Babylon? not trying to be delusional but I just find it peculiar that she’s highlighted a non-single twice now.

letting the delusion slip in for a sec, would be sick if she released it as a final single with the tour interlude/backdrop as a music video/visualizer to completely wrap up the era.

• YAAAS 3

Edonis
4 minutes ago, GunninMan said:

anyone else find it interesting that in the post with the trailer she mentioned the lyrics from Babylon, and then our first (and maybe only) teaser is a clip from Babylon? not trying to be delusional but I just find it peculiar that she’s highlighted a non-single twice now.

letting the delusion slip in for a sec, would be sick if she released it as a final single with the tour interlude/backdrop as a music video/visualizer to completely wrap up the era.

I doubt we’re getting another single from this album lol. But I could see her uploading the performance in full on YouTube. 

To be frank, she’s always been a big fan of the song, I wouldn’t be surprised if she had plans to make it a single had the era gone as planned. It’s definitely up there with Stupid Love and Rain on Me as songs she seems to really love off that album. 

• Like 1

JustTea
14 hours ago, Stefanotta said:

Something is off in this Babylon performance, she is late in phrasing in chorus, or are choir backing vocals too fast?

Nah, it's just the way she sings live with some minor changes in every song basically. She often changes the timing of words :huntyga:

Alfonso
48 minutes ago, Edonis said:

I doubt we’re getting another single from this album lol. But I could see her uploading the performance in full on YouTube. 

To be frank, she’s always been a big fan of the song, I wouldn’t be surprised if she had plans to make it a single had the era gone as planned. It’s definitely up there with Stupid Love and Rain on Me as songs she seems to really love off that album. 

The song needed a video; Chromatica should've been a visual album

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Gaga911chroma
1 hour ago, Lextyr97 said:

Literally!!! People on here just say anything because they compulsively need to complain but have no idea what they’re even talking about. They just need to **** on everyone’s parade that’s excited for attention or whatever. If you hate it so much you don’t have to watch it but the made up reasons of it looking amateurish from a ten second tik tok post are so funny when we can all see the clips to compare. It’s giving touch grass

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LG7 time now
15 minutes ago, Gaga911chroma said:

Literally!!! People on here just say anything because they compulsively need to complain but have no idea what they’re even talking about. They just need to **** on everyone’s parade that’s excited for attention or whatever. If you hate it so much you don’t have to watch it but the made up reasons of it looking amateurish from a ten second tik tok post are so funny when we can all see the clips to compare. It’s giving touch grass

That’s not entirely true though

I do think the few seconds we got look quite amateurish, but it’s not necessarily a bad thing. And I think it’s intentional. The same thing could be said about some of her best music videos, or even the Born This Way album sonically, and it’s my favorite album.

Relax everybody, it’s just entertainment

• Like 1

Gaga911chroma
34 minutes ago, The Z said:

That’s not entirely true though

I do think the few seconds we got look quite amateurish, but it’s not necessarily a bad thing. And I think it’s intentional. The same thing could be said about some of her best music videos, or even the Born This Way album sonically, and it’s my favorite album.

Relax everybody, it’s just entertainment

This is kind of what I mean by just saying anything though. Like what about it looks amateurish? It’s hard to judge the framing based on a few seconds that are very obviously cropped for social media to fit a phone screen and won’t be what is actually fully seen in the film. In regards to the editing, have you just not seen other concert films? Just from the clip the editing looks professional and very consistent with the quality of recent concert films including Renaissance and Eras Tour (which itself had pretty inconsistent editing and the continuity errors became glaring by the end). If you want to talk about amatuerish concert specials (and I say this loving them both) this kind of blows both Kylie and Madonna’s most recent specials out of the water with both editing and image quality. 

I’m not trying to cause an argument like it’s just a fun concert special but I think calling it amateurish based on a few second clip cropped for social media that we can all see looks pretty good is kind of giving stan brain worms. 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Plastic Flower
1 hour ago, Gaga911chroma said:

This is kind of what I mean by just saying anything though. Like what about it looks amateurish? It’s hard to judge the framing based on a few seconds that are very obviously cropped for social media to fit a phone screen and won’t be what is actually fully seen in the film. In regards to the editing, have you just not seen other concert films? Just from the clip the editing looks professional and very consistent with the quality of recent concert films including Renaissance and Eras Tour (which itself had pretty inconsistent editing and the continuity errors became glaring by the end). If you want to talk about amatuerish concert specials (and I say this loving them both) this kind of blows both Kylie and Madonna’s most recent specials out of the water with both editing and image quality. 

I’m not trying to cause an argument like it’s just a fun concert special but I think calling it amateurish based on a few second clip cropped for social media that we can all see looks pretty good is kind of giving stan brain worms. 

I was so annoyed at Taylor's hair changing every damn second. :triggered: The Eras Tour isn't that great.

Drop it
  • Like 2
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 2