Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

Realistically, how do you expect LG7 to do on the charts?

Aren

Featured Posts

LadyLuca

Yes. top 10 prob. maybe #1 for max 2 weeks.

Just my expectation. but i dont care if it wouldnt reach 1 or stays longer at 1. 

also i expect her to release 2025 with a 2027/8 promo campaign.

Sneaky Oliver

Everything is so unpredictable these days. The lead could either go viral or have a Stupid Love moderate level of success. The album is going to debut on #1 for sure, our girl has never failed at selling records. 

If it’s really a classic rock inspired record, I can see it having longevity. GP is gonna eat it up just like Shallow.

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden

LordByron28

Really depends on her single choices, marketing, and timing. She still has a strong core base. GP thinks favorably of her. Stupid Love was just not a great lead single and 911 was not the best single option; especially when Sour Candy, Free Woman, and Replay were right there. Chromatica did decently and her prolonged era has cemented itself in her discography rather erroneously despite performance that year. Kinda thinking/hoping that the resurgence in love for BTW and ARTPOP reignited her confidence and sonic direction for LG7. Would love an album that is in more of the vein of Government Hooker, Judas, Bloody Mary, Heavy Metal Lover, Aura, Venus, G.U.Y., ARTPOP, and MJH.  

I don’t think she would be hinting at music creation on social media so heavily if there wasn’t a release period planned for this year and a core part of the album in tact. I’m thinking perhaps a lead single at the VMAs with promo tied into Joker 2. An album release in late October/November.

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 2

Conservative Mom
Posted (edited)

I am psychosocially prepared for commercial failure (worse than Chromanica)  :sweat: 

Hope this won't be the case :air:

Edited by Conservative Mom
Suburban Dweller, Property Owner, Petrol Consumer and Range Shooting Enjoyer

Joshie S

Can someone explain the importance of this to me??

Genuinely??? Music not the bling????? :bye:

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥
  • Love 1

BlingNotTheMusic
Just now, Joshie S said:

Music not the bling?????

Haven't you heard? :ororomunroe:

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu

Joshie S
22 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Haven't you heard? :ororomunroe:

Yes unfortunately I have but I will remain delulu, knowing that Gaga is just reaching for all this global success to ultimately surprise us with ARTPOP ACT II and have it smash like all the girlies and little manager monstrosities want :bradley:

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

LadyxGaGa

ngl and this is even radical optimism i think whatever she releases next might b her magnum opus 

i rly feel like this woman has just b sharpening that craft and she’s a fking perfectionist like at times to a fault and she’s been hanging around a lot of musician legends from nile to tony(rip) to the rolling stones 

whatever she does or whatever sound i rly think we will get close to her the fame level pop resurgence 

• Love 2

monstertoronto
On 5/9/2024 at 9:14 PM, BlingNotTheMusic said:

I'm honestly surprised how well Chromatica sold given the general consensus regarding that album and era, and how poorly the lead did on the charts. All of this to say it's kind of unpredictable.

I guess she could get away with another non-impactful (chart wise) lead single {Applause, PI, SL} and it have minimal impact on the album sales. But I'd love for her to do another BTW and debut with a #1 lead single. But it's been 13 years since that happened :huntyga:

It really depends on the genre of the album and promotion. I'm not talking about doing countless radio interviews, as we saw that had no impact on PI. But, as much as it pains me to say it, TikTok and social media. If she can really SERVE visuals and a dance or something visually appealing that people want to see over and over, she can secure the #1.

----

As far as the album, I think doing similar numbers to Renaissance is fair. Beyonce literally does no promo or visuals anymore and still does pretty well. 

I fully agree with this take. If she and her team put in the effort in the right ways she can make this happen. People are still aware of and intrigued by things Gaga does and she does have a loyal fanbase. Younger generation doesn’t hate her and could be won over with a fun song. But I do think it’s tricky to plan a Tiktok viral moment. Like when Dua and Tate were doing videos trying to get people to use the sound (like the “disappearing” when the camera turns away video trying to start a trend for Houdini) it doesn’t work. I think people like a truly organic trend that just takes off but there must be ways to seed that somehow. 

• Love 2

Levine
On 5/10/2024 at 3:17 AM, LateToCult said:

And Beyonce kicked off the era with 100M+ people watching her Super Bowl commercial.

Want to quote this for people who keep saying she can pull renaissance numbers. 

She won't have even half of the promo beyoncé had and even like that promo where is the album now?

_

Regarding lg7 performance I think we are in a time when you have to become viral to be noticed by the public. So if she can come out with something special and amazing (a very great featuring? a song that talk about something very juicy?) she can pull decent numbers.

BUT "a normal" era with a cute lead single, with no so much promo it won't pull the numbers.

• Like 1

TEANUS

What is this sudden consensus/wave of opinion that Chromatica didn’t perform well?? Let’s be real - the album blew expectations out of the water as far as debut, snatched her first pop #1 in nearly a decade along with another top 5 single, spent 2 weeks at #1 in the UK and debuted at number one at every major Anglo music market, smashed the VMAs, won a Grammy, has billions of streams on Spotify, and generated her biggest tour since the BTWB. What am I missing lol? 

OT - I expect the debut to be less than Chromatica (no bundles allowed anymore) but maybe serve a bit more longevity

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Thanks 2

Alfonso

Probably like Chromatica did or a bit better, if she does promo/has a bigger lead single

TimotheeChalamet
On 5/10/2024 at 6:22 PM, Conservative Mom said:

I am psychosocially prepared for commercial failure (worse than Chromanica)  :sweat: 

Would you elaborate on why? 

• Thanks 1

Leoooo
Posted (edited)

Like with the majority of albums, it will depend on the quality of the music. Thankfully there isnt the virole surrounding Gaga that she's had before where even a good song will be intentionally ignored. Where she is now all it would take is some solid music (which we know she can do) and she can do insanely well

Edited by Leoooo