Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
band

The Smiths

Cello

Featured Posts

Cello

I've been getting into The Smiths over the past year, I can't believe it took me this long. I have 2 of their albums on vinyl - The Queen Is Dead and the compilation Hatful of Hollow. My favourite songs at the moment are I Know It's Over (obsessed with this song), How Soon Is Now?, This Charming Man, Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now, Bigmouth Strikes Again, That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore, There Is A Light That Never Goes Out, This Night Has Opened My Eyes, Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want, and so many more. Which songs/albums are your favourites?

she/her 💗 free my mind
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 3

King of the Fall
Posted (edited)

I really like what I have heard of this band, The Queen is Dead is the only album that I have on vinyl from them

Edited by King of the Fall
The problem was, she had a little black book and my name was written on every page
  • Like 1

LG666

I love the Smiths! Great music. Morissey, the singer, is somewhat controversial lately due to personal politics. Nonetheless, they're a great band with wonderful records. 

My favorite is This Charming Man.

• Like 5

Nite

I love their music, them and The Cure got me through my saddest teenage moments. Asleep is still one of my favorite songs. 

• Love 2

brizoda

My favorite albums is Strangeways, Here We Come

My favorite songs are The Boy with the Thorn in His Side

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

This Charming Man

Bigmouth Strikes Again

Panic

I Started Something I Couldn't Finish

Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me

• Love 1

brizoda
Just now, brizoda said:

My favorite songs are The Boy with the Thorn in His Side

This Charming Man

Bigmouth Strikes Again

Panic

I Won't Share You

brizoda
2 minutes ago, brizoda said:

My favorite songs are Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

The Boy with the Thorn in His Side

This Charming Man

Bigmouth Strikes Again

Panic

Cello
9 minutes ago, Nite said:

I love their music, them and The Cure got me through my saddest teenage moments. Asleep is still one of my favorite songs. 

I love The Cure so much :heart: they got me through my teens too 

she/her 💗 free my mind
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 3

Elusive Chanteuse

ok this is so random but over 20 years ago, a family friend was working as an amateur musician in London and wanted to produce a wedding album for a friend (we live in australia, they moved back for the wedding). somehow when she was over there she was able to secure Morrissey to produce the album and she said it was both one of the best experiences and worst experiences of her life. she said that she was honoured to be working with such a talented and well known artist to produce the album for her then fiance, but he was a very dismissive and ignorant person to everyone around. she said that while he helped her put it together, any interaction beyond the studio was not even to be thought about because it simply wasn't gonna happen, not even to go out for coffee once the album was done. ive known that he's been a little strange and his beliefs in recent years (or at least i think in recent years) has been skewing a little controversial, however i can absolutely see why this friend was honoured to work with him. when he came to sydney last year, she went and saw him live so likely her experience with him wasnt life damaging, however the way she has spoken about his demeanour has only bolstered by negative view of him...

im a free b*tch baby (he/they)
  • Like 3

King of the Fall
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ElusiveChanteuse said:

ok this is so random but over 20 years ago, a family friend was working as an amateur musician in London and wanted to produce a wedding album for a friend (we live in australia, they moved back for the wedding). somehow when she was over there she was able to secure Morrissey to produce the album and she said it was both one of the best experiences and worst experiences of her life. she said that she was honoured to be working with such a talented and well known artist to produce the album for her then fiance, but he was a very dismissive and ignorant person to everyone around. she said that while he helped her put it together, any interaction beyond the studio was not even to be thought about because it simply wasn't gonna happen, not even to go out for coffee once the album was done. ive known that he's been a little strange and his beliefs in recent years (or at least i think in recent years) has been skewing a little controversial, however i can absolutely see why this friend was honoured to work with him. when he came to sydney last year, she went and saw him live so likely her experience with him wasnt life damaging, however the way she has spoken about his demeanour has only bolstered by negative view of him...

Morissey is a massive asshole on the level of Roger Waters, always has been. None of this surprises me but I still like the music though, the man is a great songwriter

Edited by King of the Fall
The problem was, she had a little black book and my name was written on every page
  • Like 2

SevenWonder

One of my all time favorite bands.

There Is A Light, Everyday Is Like Sunday, Bigmouth Strikes Again, Please Let Me Get What I Want.

Just great, great songs and so unique.

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Elusive Chanteuse
1 hour ago, King of the Fall said:

Morissey is a massive asshole on the level of Roger Waters, always has been. None of this surprises me but I still like the music though, the man is a great songwriter

Totally agree. I have a feeling (judging on the type of person this friend is) that she went to see him just because it was him and his music, not because she liked him as a person. This is gonna be harsh asf but I have very little respect for him, but his music does go hard. It's a bit of the separate the art from the artist situation going on here but thats a whole other conversation.

im a free b*tch baby (he/they)
  • Like 1

Fck I luv Art

They're great :holdmyhand:

But I prefer The Cure :vegas:

Baguette, Croissant and LG7 !! 👽👹🖤
  • Like 1