Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
society

Protestor gets viciously attacked by Trump supporters


Dennis

Featured Posts

Ziggy
On 5/4/2024 at 11:06 AM, Roughhouse Dandy said:

Plunging the country into a dictatorship to teach one awful person a lesson? I see what you're saying, but that's a bit much maybe. 

In 98% of the videos about the protests right now, it depicts pro-Palestinian vs pro-Israel, so the mistake isn't a wild one. Some grace/clarification to that user before popping off would be cute.  

What other instances are you referring to? 

(Not challenging you or anything. I'd like to know because I personally can't think of another example) 

Im not saying I wish it and it would absolutely be worse under Trump lol but Biden deserves a loss for so going against the will of the specific group of people who got him elected. Like idk it’s in his hands imo. He could have it. He’s squandering the very very easy opportunity.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ziggy
On 5/4/2024 at 10:45 AM, Dennis said:

What the hell are you even talking about?

Where do you see the Zionists? You don't see a single Israeli flag in the crowd mocking that woman.

These were Trump supporters who wanted to counter-protest "leftists" after pro-Palestinians took down the U.S flag in other colleges. That's how they perceive it. I doubt they genuinely care about Jews or Israel.

But the way y'all blame "Zionist" Jews for everything is honestly giving validation to people who think there's an antisemitism problem in this movement.

Well yes ofc they don’t actually care lol but a lot of the alt right on these campuses have co-opted the Zionist movement despite being anti-Semitic themselves bc they hate leftism and bc their news has told them to hate Palestine. Notice how, for instance, so many random Trumpers have said they’re pro-Israel? Have the Israeli flag in their bios and all that? That’s my point. Zionism as a movement has also not condemned these people one bit to the best of my knowledge so at that point you have to wonder how relevant the distinction is in a moment like this? The plain fact is that Zionists have for whatever reason not taken a moment of pause at seeing these legitimate anti-semites (the ones ACTUALLY talking about killing Jews and actually being the ones sending bombs and shooting up temples) join their cause. These bigots would identify as pro-Israel. So I called them that. That’s my point. I don’t think we actually disagree that they’re absolutely alt right assholes but the more nuanced point here is that what was at one point a specific culture issue has quickly become a larger, more generalized one even against all logic and reason bc racism and bigotry and colonialism all defy those things. The alt right should have no home in the pro-Israel movement by the sheer fact that they’ve literally called for Jews to be killed. Yet they have found one. How? Why? Bc at the base of both ideologies is the shared belief in ethnic superiority so they find common ground and muddy everything in the process 

Link to post
Share on other sites

olive specter
On 5/4/2024 at 5:57 PM, LadyxGaGa said:

we want to to dox them to hold them accountable

and what exactly do you mean by hold them accountable? people sending them death threats? or their family?

maybe calling their job and wanting them fired?

putting someone's private information on display for thousands to see has nothing to do with accountability

it's all about power and vindictiveness

you hurt us - so we are going to hurt you even more

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dennis
2 hours ago, olive specter said:

and what exactly do you mean by hold them accountable? people sending them death threats? or their family?

maybe calling their job and wanting them fired?

putting someone's private information on display for thousands to see has nothing to do with accountability

it's all about power and vindictiveness

you hurt us - so we are going to hurt you even more

It got much worse actually. People are using fake tweets to claim he supports Hitler and stuff.

Every day, I keep growing more disappointed that our "liberal" side is not really full of good people. For people to lie and defame others with fake tweets crosses every line, especially when we're talking about a teenager.

The last 6 months has me questioning everything really. You have to be really evil to knowingly defame people with information you know is false. I used to think liberals are good people. But I guess they're just as trash as MAGA. Maybe politics turn people into ****.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladle Ghoulash
3 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Im not saying I wish it and it would absolutely be worse under Trump lol but Biden deserves a loss for so going against the will of the specific group of people who got him elected. Like idk it’s in his hands imo. He could have it. He’s squandering the very very easy opportunity.

Eh, severing ties with a significant ally of almost eight decades isn’t especially easy. 

We have forgotten our public MANNERS
Link to post
Share on other sites

27monster27
On 5/4/2024 at 8:28 AM, olive specter said:

are you good? like truly

why is it so hard for some of you to understand that people are doing things differently from you not because they are evil, but because their perception of what's good is different

you think your side is good, they are evil

they think they are good and you are evil

do you want them to doxx you too just because you're not doing as they say? let's all doxx each other lol

it's beyond me how normalized this mindset of "you're not doing what i want, let's destroy your life" is

if you are not going to talk with each other with an open mind and respect, nothing will ever change

No, I'm not okay because their behavior is unnacceptable.

Okay doxxing is a bit far BUT, they absolutely need consequences for their actions.

Yes, of course we should talk with them, but they need consequences that also show other people that are thinking of doing this what can happen if they choose this behavior.

he/him/his
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dennis
15 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

No, I'm not okay because their behavior is unnacceptable.

Okay doxxing is a bit far BUT, they absolutely need consequences for their actions.

Yes, of course we should talk with them, but they need consequences that also show other people that are thinking of doing this what can happen if they choose this behavior.

Nahh.

I was first to condemn his behavior, but tell me how is this ok? People sharing fake tweets attributed to him? This stuff can get people killed. Community notes are barely showing up

https://twitter.com/nirvanainoregon/status/1787148415807160657

Link to post
Share on other sites

27monster27
1 hour ago, Dennis said:

Nahh.

I was first to condemn his behavior, but tell me how is this ok? People sharing fake tweets attributed to him? This stuff can get people killed. Community notes are barely showing up

https://twitter.com/nirvanainoregon/status/1787148415807160657

I've seen the fake tweets and I agree that they are messed up. I don't advocate for the deaths of these students, but they need consequences. That's why I agree with the MUNAACP post on Instagram calling for their expulsion from campus. I'm not for violence against them, but action is needed.

he/him/his
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dennis
36 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

I've seen the fake tweets and I agree that they are messed up. I don't advocate for the deaths of these students, but they need consequences. That's why I agree with the MUNAACP post on Instagram calling for their expulsion from campus. I'm not for violence against them, but action is needed.

That's why there is a student investigation underway. And that's the way to handle it, not with lies.

But character assassination with fake dangerous tweets is insane. This is the first time I see social media being used in a very dangerous way and nothing you can do about it. I even dm'ed some of these people to let them know the tweets are fake and they told me to **** off, so they really know what they're doing. If they only did it out of ignorance, it'd be tolerable.

Just so disappointed. People are evil.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stephen

These type of **** heads don't even care about the issue... they just want to be against anything  liberals support :toofunny:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dennis
7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

These type of **** heads don't even care about the issue... they just want to be against anything  liberals support :toofunny:

Agree with this.

I can't begin to express how deeply-disliked the pro-Palestinian movement is now among right-wing people, and I think it mainly stems from polarization, not necessarily being pro-Israel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

PartySick
6 hours ago, Stephen said:

These type of **** heads don't even care about the issue... they just want to be against anything  liberals support :toofunny:

Isn't that just how American politics are? :laughga:

Leftists: *Has morals, opinions, stances, and a set of policies they'd like to see enacted*

Conservatives: "no"

The American right doesn't actually stand for a damn thing :icant:

Whimsical bitch
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bronco
7 hours ago, Dennis said:

Agree with this.

I can't begin to express how deeply-disliked the pro-Palestinian movement is now among right-wing people, and I think it mainly stems from polarization, not necessarily being pro-Israel.

The Alt-Right are pro-Israel because by saying they support Israel, it means no one calls them a Nazi for telling the Jews to leave lol

The gays know how to party
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ziggy
19 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

Eh, severing ties with a significant ally of almost eight decades isn’t especially easy. 

More what I mean is that he has more means of diplomacy to pressure them towards a change in tactic. I mean, we fund how much of their stuff lmao you’re right severing ties would be hard but we’ve strong-armed plenty of other allies to do worse things idk why it wouldn’t be feasible for him to do it for this. And I think that’s the broader issue most anti Biden people have now. It isn’t that he’s just not able to stop the violence, it’s that he’s seemingly not doing very much to deter it. It reads as cruel and that’s *bad messaging to have

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...