New look at 'Mufasa: The Lion King'

Teletubby

Featured Posts

River

F-ck Mufasa :grr:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

MaybeKermit

Wait why are y’all hating on it

I never really watched Lion King myself, but I thought people loved it?

• Thanks 1

Cello

This thread :ladyhaha:

do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana

Head Empty
4 minutes ago, MaybeKermit said:

Wait why are y’all hating on it

I never really watched Lion King myself, but I thought people loved it?

People LOVE the Lion King (1994) but hate the live action remake. Mainly because the remake looks lifeless compared to the expressive, colorful 2D animations of the original.

Happiness will never last, darkness comes to kick your ass... ‎ ᵃˢˢ 🕺
  • Thanks 1

Didymus
8 minutes ago, Head Empty said:

People LOVE the Lion King (1994) but hate the live action remake. Mainly because the remake looks lifeless compared to the expressive, colorful 2D animations of the original.

Still broke records and is one of the highest grossing films of all time. No matter how many people bashed even the trailer because of those arguments when it originally launched, this bs remake formula still worked and will probably continue to work.

Though, with Disney+ this has become less predictable, I'll admit.

Head Empty
8 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Still broke records and is one of the highest grossing films of all time. No matter how many people bashed even the trailer because of those arguments when it originally launched, this bs remake formula still worked and will probably continue to work.

Though, with Disney+ this has become less predictable, I'll admit.

And I have to admit I've been part of the problem, because I went to see it in theaters even though I knew I was going to hate it :sweat:. Partially because of nostalgia for the original, and partially out of curiousity for the CGI. 

I doubt this sequel will garner as much attention as the remake. Nostalgia will mostly be taken out of the equation. The photo-realism isn't as interesting of a gimmick anymore. And a lot of people like me won't be swayed to pay for a ticket anymore, because the previous one was disappointing.

Also: Mufasa as a character doesn't seem all that interesting, but it's still Disney and it's still The Lion King. So surely it will still rake in a bunch at the box-office. Just not as much as last time.

Happiness will never last, darkness comes to kick your ass... ‎ ᵃˢˢ 🕺
  • Shook 1

WhiteHotForever
8 hours ago, NATAH said:

where's the demand for this?

The first movie did $1.663 billion. Why not?

• Thanks 1

River
41 minutes ago, Head Empty said:

And I have to admit I've been part of the problem, because I went to see it in theaters even though I knew I was going to hate it :sweat:. Partially because of nostalgia for the original, and partially out of curiousity for the CGI. 

Same :air: hate-watching is a thing for real lol

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 1

TwistedTeeth

To half-quote RuPaul: "That's dumb—"

LG7我们真的来喽(゜▽゜)🎉

M i K E Y

Sad how the industry is milking every penny out of the brands we love instead of coming up with something new 

• Like 1

Wet Fire

Not a soul in the universe is asking for this, wants this, or cares about it.

Didymus
10 hours ago, Head Empty said:

Cackle

Me too :billie: :enigma: The regret after the first two minutes was real but it was fun to walk out being like yup, I was right and I am never watching a remake again (and I didn't).