💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Travis Scott must face jury trial in Astroworld lawsuits

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

A Houston judge has denied Travis Scott’s motion to be dismissed from sprawling litigation over the 2021 disaster at the Astroworld music festival ahead of a looming jury trial next month.

Scott’s attorneys had argued that the star himself could not be held legally liable for the deadly crowd crush during his the November 2021 performance, which killed 10 and injured hundreds. They argued that safety and security at live events is “not the job of performing artists.”  

But in a ruling made public on Wednesday, Judge Kristen Hawkins denied that motion, leaving Scott on the hook to face the first jury trial in the case, set to kick off next month.

More than 2,500 people have sued over Astroworld,  the victims claim that Travis Scott, Live Nation and other organizers were legally negligent in how they planned the event.

Scott’s attorneys argued last month that he too should not be held liable for the tragic incident. Even though the event was promoted under Scott’s name and branding, his lawyers said that he was merely an onstage performer who was not responsible for ensuring audience safety.

The victim’s attorneys argued that Travis Scott had encouraged fans to break into the concert without a ticket, citing a tweet on the day of the concert in which he said “we still sneaking the wild ones in.” They also said he had create unsafe crowd flow conditions by insisting that Scott be the only musical act to use the main stage on the festival’s first day, and then ignored orders from festival organizers to stop the concert when conditions turned dangerous.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 9

weed

God is good! I plead for him to face justice. 

bionic

I think a jury will find him not guilty

buy bionic
  • Sad 1

Ronk

Travis had encouraged fans to rush the stage in previous concerts.  Fans would have known that such behavior was expected and encouraged by Travis.  Artists need to discourage this behavior before each concert.  People attend concerts to have a good time, not to get injured or killed.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Naak Le Vaar

They should squeeze him under a hydraulic press like a toothpaste 

Lmao they blocked my signature