💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Worst Gaga Lyric?

DitaDolla

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic
2 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

I feel like I need to do a thread explaining why it's her best album or something

Oh honey no. Don't reach like that, you'll hurt yourself :ororomunroe:

HelloHangoverz
4 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Oh honey no. Don't reach like that, you'll hurt yourself :ororomunroe:

I can't believe all this Chromatica apathy honestly, it's her most mature album lyrically in my opinion and yes I will die on this hill. Essay incoming (whenever I can be bothered to write it) LMAO

bottoms up....and the devil laughs
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Agunimon

Her worst lyric is most of Stupid Love, mostly because I just find it to be kinda lazy songwriting and subpar to 99.9% of her lyrics.

Freak out, freak out, freak out, freak out (Look at me)
Get down, get down, get down, get down (Look at me)
Freak out, freak out, freak out, freak out
Look at me now
'Cause all I ever wanted was love
Hey yeah, hey yeah (Ooh-ooh)
Hey yeah, hey yeah
All I ever wanted was love
Hey yeah, hey yeah, hey yeah (Hey yeah, hey yeah)
I want your stupid love, love
I want your stupid love, love
(Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 5

olive specter
24 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Ok where did this lore come from that there was an "original LG6"?! I was around the entire era/pre-era and don't remember this at all, yet you're the 3rd person I've seen say this recently...

ok i should have said another album being made, not made like it was finished
it's not like there was a final product ready to go

but in Gaga radio Gaga and bloodpop talked about the time he came to her birthday party, she played him new songs, he didin't like it and she scrapped it becuase it wasn't what she really wanted to say

09:15

and it's fine i guess, whatever - do what you feel is right

but also... DJWS was posting about ARTPOP's little sister in 2018 and stuff

Dg_KJwMUcAATvJ7.jpg

so if that was the scrapped material and we got chromatica instead... jail, electric chair

• Shook 1

The Z
51 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Ok where did this lore come from that there was an "original LG6"?! I was around the entire era/pre-era and don't remember this at all, yet you're the 3rd person I've seen say this recently...

This is so beautiful!

The irony being that all that work she did to heal was wiped away apparently bc we got Chromatica :ladyhaha:

It's crazy how this woman has been trying to heal for 3 albums now :enigma:

The dancefloor line makes total sense though :laughga:

Like replace it with literally any other noun

This is my banana I fought for

This is my house I fought for

This is my cyber truck I fought for :partysick:

This is my dancefloor I fought for makes total sense as it can be literal for her story and her struggles and finally being able to dance after all her hard work and what's she's overcome

If we are to believe what she says about her writing it for the trans community (:huntyga:) it can be about them overcoming their struggles in this world and finally being able to dance after all the trials and tribulations (AND/OR LGBTQ+ as a whole let's be real)

It can have a lot of different interpretations but I'm struggling to see how it doesn't make sense for you 

None of the examples you gave actually work ☠ You understand what they mean, but gramatically they just don’t work lol or maybe it’s not even grammatical but it sounds horribly wrong

“This is the dancefloor I fought for”

Or

“this is my dancefloor”

Not a mix of both:messga:

Edited by The Z

PartySick
1 hour ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

She was making an album with DJWS (during and after they worked on ASIB tracks together). Bloodpop said he didn't like what they were working on and Gaga said she cried and said something like "it's not what I want to say right now either".

So she ditched Paul in favor of Bloodclot and gave us Chromatica :messga:

1 hour ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

This is so beautiful!

The irony being that all that work she did to heal was wiped away apparently bc we got Chromatica :ladyhaha:

It's crazy how this woman has been trying to heal for 3 albums now :enigma:

Yeah, I've seen a lot that said she didn't achieve the closure and catharsis she wanted with Joanne so it was more like she reopened old wounds and dug into new ones just to leave them open :bradley:

Which I also respect 'cause I went to therapy and came out on the other side feeling and doing worse :anveeroy:

Chromatica would be fine for me if it wasn't so structurally and sonically bare bones and if she wrote more intelligent lyrics for it (we know she can, she usually always does) :bradley:

R u 🌈? đŸ€šđŸ“·

phantasmas
7 hours ago, LUCARTPOP said:

Slap honey on a young pancake :triggered:

the only part besides T.I. that ruins the song for me :franminervini:

Ultimecia
27 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Her worst lyric is most of Stupid Love, mostly because I just find it to be kinda lazy songwriting and subpar to 99.9% of her lyrics.

I don't necessarily disagree, but at the end of the day it's meant to be a fun pop song. I enjoy it for what it is.

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

PartySick
1 hour ago, HelloHangoverz said:

I feel like I need to do a thread explaining why it's her best album or something

You should! I'd love to read it :flutter:

Obviously I adore the album, it's Gaga afterall. I mostly blame Bloodpop and general streaming/music trends for the things I dislike about it.

Also, anyone slandering Plastic Doll can take a seat 'cause Skrillex ate on that track :bradley:

I love blasting it in my earbuds and just

mfc96vuyb6581.gif

R u 🌈? đŸ€šđŸ“·
  • Love 1

BlingNotTheMusic
57 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

it's her most mature album lyrically in my opinion

22 minutes ago, The Z said:

None of the examples you gave actually work ☠ You understand what they mean, but gramatically they just don’t work lol or maybe it’s not even grammatical but it sounds horribly wrong

“This is the dancefloor I fought for”

Or

“this is my dancefloor”

Not a mix of both:messga:

I'm not going to argue with you on how Gaga lyrics sound, as you said English isn't your first language (no shade) 

But the MY shows ownership so if you take it out it removes so much meaning from the lyric.

It's the same as saying like, This is my house I fought for, like you worked so hard to get it. Or this is my life I fought for, or this is my relationship I fought for. 

I promise you it makes total sense 🙏

Agunimon
6 minutes ago, Ultimecia said:

I don't necessarily disagree, but at the end of the day it's meant to be a fun pop song. I enjoy it for what it is.

She's a pop star. Most of her songs are fun pop songs regardless of the lyrical content. This is her weakest song lyrically, so this is what I used to answer the question. It is not about enjoying or not enjoying a track. Hope that clarifies. 

Edited by Agunimon
  • Like 2

The Z
7 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

I'm not going to argue with you on how Gaga lyrics sound, as you said English isn't your first language (no shade) 

But the MY shows ownership so if you take it out it removes so much meaning from the lyric.

It's the same as saying like, This is my house I fought for, like you worked so hard to get it. Or this is my life I fought for, or this is my relationship I fought for. 

I promise you it makes total sense 🙏

That doesn’t work, even with the house :messga:

It’s not a matter of what language you speak, I’m sure it would sound as wrong in any other language. You could say “this is my house, house I fought for” or something, it sounds bad as a lyric but it sounds correct. The actual lyric or the example you gave sound like “it’s my mine”. Otherwise, literally, it would mean she has several dancefloors and this is only one she fought for, and even that doesn’t sound good lmaooo

Edited by The Z

BlingNotTheMusic
1 minute ago, The Z said:

That doesn’t work, even with the house :messga:

It’s not a matter of language, I’m sure it would sound as wrong in any other language. You could say “this is my house, house I fought for”, it sounds bad as a lyric but it sounds correct. The actual lyric or the example you gave sound like “it’s my mine”

Ok :ororomunroe:

HelloHangoverz
11 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Well I know she's not riffing and rhyming with a Shakespearean complexity...it's more her emotional honesty and willingness to be candid. Like in previous eras she'd have smiled through whatever makes her unhappy, but on this album she had matured to a point to tell us straight. That's raw, honest and candid and something you can have a genuine emotional reaction with

bottoms up....and the devil laughs
  • Like 1

olive specter
24 minutes ago, PartySick said:

She was making an album with DJWS (during and after they worked on ASIB tracks together). Bloodpop said he didn't like what they were working on and Gaga said she cried and said something like "it's not what I want to say right now either".

So she ditched Paul in favor of Bloodclot and gave us Chromatica :messga:

@BlingNotTheMusic

DJWS also said this btw.

You stoked fan interest back in 2017 when, between albums, you said you couldn't wait for fans to meet "ARTPOP's little sister." Were those the Chromatica demos?

No, it wasn't the Chromatica demos. We worked on some stuff. We start stuff, we finish stuff, we put stuff away, we pick stuff back up, it's not a linear process. We stated working on stuff before Chromatica happened and we didn't finish it yet. We'll see what happens!

that "didin't finish it yet" and "we'll see what happens!" was hopefull
but in retrospect it looks like him either being delusional about it still having a chance, or him not knowing she called it "bullshit on wheels" 💀

Edited by olive specter
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1