Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Pitchfork Reviews TTPD, Gave It 6.6

RAMROD

Featured Posts

ChicaSkas
3 hours ago, HelloHangoverz said:

Just out of interest, do you like Cassandra? That's the only one I like

I'm ashamed to say I listened once and then fell asleep because by the time Taylor's Act 2 dropped it was like... idk 2 am?  I was exhausted lol. I'll replay it at some point. My cd I rushed to order during the Grammys just arrived today.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ProfessionalClown
19 hours ago, River said:

It's funny how swifties behaves exactly like Taylor, first a bully and then playing the victim

when did this ever happen 

• LMAO 1

tyler k

correct rating. it's not a good album, it's self-indulgent, full of corny lyrics & very half-baked metaphors that don't go anywhere.

I don't understand the necessary feeling from this music as she claims, whereas Folklore & Evermore are far more arresting and genuinely interesting compositions 

I only listened to the first 16 tracks, haven't had the time nor interest to listen to next half unfortunately. 

I believe we're reached Swift fatigue 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Like 1

ChavaWM

This review wasn't as bad as the The Atlantic review

That one made me laugh even tho they were also spot on

Wet Fire

At some point Taylor has to come to terms with the idea that not everything she writes needs to be released just because she has stans who would spend hours and hundreds of dollars buying and listening to her stuff without questioning anything. It's important to maintain quality instead of doing a 31-song album simply because it's 13 in reverse. :messga:

Her albums lately have become so indistinguishable and monotonous in the name of consistency and storytelling that they reek of bad editing and lack of trimming.

Edited by Wet Fire
  • Thanks 1

MonSwiftAnton
12 hours ago, Ronk said:

Yes, stan wars can be messy.  But I think it's fair for people on GGD to express if they don't like an album.  That's not a drag on Taylor, it's just opinion about the music.   Often people here drag ARTPOP or Gaga's jazz, or anything else some people don't like.  But that's not a drag on Gaga.  I'll bet Gaga understands that people each have their personal tastes and she can't please everyone.

Personally, I don't believe in dragging any artist, because every artist brings joy to a great many people and contributes to the variety of music from which people can choose what suits their taste.  No artist deserves to be dragged, but I will express if I dislike some music like many here have about TTPD. 

As far as Taylor goes, I've seen videos of some wonderful performances, and some of her music I like very much.  The only reason I haven't seen her live is because I don't like the atmosphere of stadium concerts.  I like smaller venues.  To all those who have seen Taylor live, hold on to the memories, they will hold on to you.  This is one of the videos that is so special to me, from beginning to end.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1o3iE_2yCU

I FULLY agree with you, well put! I think art is always worth evaluating and expressing.

Personally I don't care to much of others opinions as I have my own. 

• Like 1

PartySick
4 hours ago, Cello said:

:thriller:

Same sis :thriller:

Finally this white devil is starting to fall and people are seeing her "art" for what it is :thriller:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷
  • LMAO 1

HookerDotGov
On 4/23/2024 at 12:28 PM, Chesescake said:

Yeah but that's basically just how every fandom works.

People just need to learn Pitchfork ratings are wildly inconsistent. There's a reason they've started going back retrospectively and upping their ratings for albums they initially panned but became beloved. 

King of the Fall
11 hours ago, Wet Fire said:

At some point Taylor has to come to terms with the idea that not everything she writes needs to be released just because she has stans who would spend hours and hundreds of dollars buying and listening to her stuff without questioning anything. It's important to maintain quality instead of doing a 31-song album simply because it's 13 in reverse. :messga:

Her albums lately have become so indistinguishable and monotonous in the name of consistency and storytelling that they reek of bad editing and lack of trimming.

The problem is that Taylor has no ability to edit herself anymore. It has always been an issue for her but has gotten worse and worse in recent years as her god complex and kool-aid drinking have skyrocketed

Continuing to partner with Jack only makes things worse, he has this obsession with putting cheap 80s knockoff production into her songs and he comes across more like a personal cheerleader than a collaborator who can keep her accountable

We define our moral ground, but when I crawl into your arms, everything comes tumbling down
  • Like 1

Mocchi
9 hours ago, PartySick said:

Same sis :thriller:

Finally this white devil is starting to fall and people are seeing her "art" for what it is :thriller:

No one is seeing bullsh*t when this album is breaking every single record :ladyhaha:

insight
On 4/23/2024 at 4:54 AM, nexus said:

I literally just saw a swiftie making fun of a person’s dying brother’s gofundme not doing well - because they didn’t like the album on twitter and that’s hardly close to the worst. Meanwhile other fans are out here doxing people and their families 

That fanbase is full of individuals lacking emotional intelligence 

insight
On 4/24/2024 at 9:13 AM, Wet Fire said:

I wonder how she doesn't get tired or bored writing about the same things happening to her over and over again 

• Like 2