💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor Swift's TTPD loses 42% streams on day 2

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Karl

Deserved, looks like people like the music and have replayed the songs, despite the media takedown on her atm.

olive specter
19 hours ago, bionic said:

its always nice to see an underdog win. good 4 her! the whole world including the music industry against her and she's still a record breaker

17 hours ago, bionic said:

revise history all u want but the OTT hatred for her almost cost her career! it is a credit to taylor's artistry and songwriting capability that she was able to make such a successful comeback and prove the haters wrong. the mainstream media wanted to fail but she just can't stop winning :party: 

in what way did it almost cost her career?

she was winning awards, being played on the radio, she wasn't banned on any station, she sold millions of records in 2016 (when the drama happened) alone

and when she came back with LWYMMD she broke all the records, was promoted on billboards of big companies like spotify, her songs were added to playlists etc.

that's what being hated by the industry looks like? stop trying to make her into the 90's/03 Madonna, she's not.

Her father basically payed for her career to start, she never had to worry about anything in her life.

that's why she's still talking about this drama almost 10 years later, because it's the only hard time she ever experienced in her life. and it was hard, i'm not saying it wasn't, but this blown out of proportion "underdog" thing is crazy.

• Thanks 1

Karl
5 minutes ago, olive specter said:

she was winning awards, being played on the radio, she wasn't banned on any station, she sold millions of records in 2016 (when the drama happened) alone

and when she came back with LWYMMD she broke all the records, was promoted on billboards of big companies like spotify, her songs were added to playlists etc.

that's what being hated by the industry looks like? stop trying to make her into the 90's/03 Madonna, she's not.

Her father basically payed for her career to start, she never had to worry about anything in her life.

that's why she's still talking about this drama almost 10 years later, because it's the only hard time she ever experienced in her life. and it was hard, i'm not saying it wasn't, but this blown out of proportion "underdog" thing is crazy.

I guess it's similar to how Gaga went through it with the media backlash during the ARTPOP era where everyone was negative about her yet the album sold millions, she was successful but still sad. 

• Like 1

salty like sodium
21 minutes ago, olive specter said:

this right here. anyone who thinks taylor swift is an "underdog" needs help. taylor swift IS the establishment. she is literally the definition of privilege.

• YAAAS 1

salty like sodium
15 minutes ago, Karl said:

I guess it's similar to how Gaga went through it with the media backlash during the ARTPOP era where everyone was negative about her yet the album sold millions, she was successful but still sad. 

"""everyone""" isn't against taylor. she has an army of swifties (like yourself) who will rush to defend her and claim she's a victim (again) and an underdog (again) even though she's untouchable, the most successful and famous person on the world. the amount of people who are "against" taylor is a minority. for every review that was lukewarm (not negative, just lukewarm) about the album, there were three saying it was her "BEST ALBUM EVER" (for real?). she's so untouchable people even let it slide when she made a distasteful, self-serving and unnecessary comment about racism. please stop pushing the narrative that she's a victim, she's clearly not (and hasn't been since the VMAs thing in 2009). 

• Thanks 2

olive specter
1 minute ago, Karl said:

well, during ARTPOP the public not being as supportive as before was not the only thing happening

her manager left her what kinda destroyed the whole era

ARTPOP App was cancelled, bonus tracks were not added

Her singles started to flop, G.U.Y. peaking at 74

etc.

Taylor was successful before, during and after the drama

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Karl
2 hours ago, salty like sodium said:

"""everyone""" isn't against taylor. she has an army of swifties (like yourself) who will rush to defend her and claim she's a victim (again) and an underdog (again) even though she's untouchable, the most successful and famous person on the world. the amount of people who are "against" taylor is a minority. for every review that was lukewarm (not negative, just lukewarm) about the album, there were three saying it was her "BEST ALBUM EVER" (for real?). she's so untouchable people even let it slide when she made a distasteful, self-serving and unnecessary comment about racism. please stop pushing the narrative that she's a victim, she's clearly not (and hasn't been since the VMAs thing in 2009). 

I'm only saying maybe be more empathetic? I am by no means a swiftie, I've loved her last few albums but I'm not a die hard and never have been, didn't care for her until folklore. I just feel the narrative from the media and public is getting quite hostile towards her for no reason worth the hostility, similarly to how it was with Gaga at her peak. Like I'm seeing reels making fun of her constantly and comments on all posts about her slagging her off, just don't think she's done anything to warrant that tbh

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

liquidsunshine
5 hours ago, Taylucifer said:

This should have been its own thread! Not the 40% drop nonsense 

• Thanks 1

LadyxGaGa

also i just wanna add this girl went through turmoil after her music rights got sold and she left her label and was independent for a min

like i couldn’t imagine how scared she was? like she didn’t kno if she would b able to afford anything after that kinda blow 

• LMAO 2

salty like sodium
1 hour ago, LadyxGaGa said:

also i just wanna add this girl went through turmoil after her music rights got sold and she left her label and was independent for a min

like i couldn’t imagine how scared she was? like she didn’t kno if she would b able to afford anything after that kinda blow 

she knew exactly how fast she'd get a new label (which was what, 2 weeks?) she's taylor swift. there was probably a bidding war and her inbox got flooded by labels as soon as the news broke that she was leaving big machine. all the labels would kill to be able to have her on their roster.

3 hours ago, Karl said:

I'm only saying maybe be more empathetic? I am by no means a swiftie, I've loved her last few albums but I'm not a die hard and never have been, didn't care for her until folklore. I just feel the narrative from the media and public is getting quite hostile towards her for no reason worth the hostility, similarly to how it was with Gaga at her peak. Like I'm seeing reels making fun of her constantly and comments on all posts about her slagging her off, just don't think she's done anything to warrant that tbh

"the narrative from the media and public" meaning a minority of media outlets and a minority of the gp? she has literally broken records previously set by (what a shocker:) herself with an album that was decent but in no way her best album ever... the "hostility" is literally a drop in an ocean of praise

• Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

Chromatography
On 4/26/2024 at 11:07 AM, bionic said:

revise history all u want but the OTT hatred for her almost cost her career! it is a credit to taylor's artistry and songwriting capability that she was able to make such a successful comeback and prove the haters wrong. the mainstream media wanted to fail but she just can't stop winning :party: 

has to be a joke. when did her career almost fail? rep has a stadium world tour. swifites and their matron want to be victims so badly 

• YAAAS 1

Chromatography
3 hours ago, LadyxGaGa said:

bro for the love of god touch grass 

• Sad 2

StrawberryBlond
5 hours ago, Karl said:

You don't really need to be empathetic for someone who is a billionaire, can get any man she wants and can pay for any financial or medical problem that befalls her. Someone like that can take criticism of their music and character. The hostility towards her is totally warranted, so far as I can see. She makes deeply personal and borderline insulting songs about basically all her exes (even though they don't say anything mean about her in response), has trademarked common phrases in the English lexicon like "this sick beat," is always looking for ways to make money off her fans (encouraging them to buy multiple vinyl variants to get bonus tracks only to put them all on a follow-up album 2 hours later, making them buy merch to get a chance to get into the verified fan program to get concert tickets with your place in the queue secured with every item you buy) and is always looking for a new victimhood narrative to spin even when she is in the wrong or the one continuing a feud by bringing it up.

Her personality makes me shocked that she has the amount of fans she does. I just can't vibe with and support someone like this. For her fans to also claim she's ever been an underdog or victim in the industry when she's literally the #1 artist in the world and has been a household name for a decade now is gaslighting of the highest order and I think a lot of it comes from believing this narrative that she's been peddling for years. She has enough fans to make her sell and break records in the face of the majority who are indifferent/hate her. She isn't converting anyone, it's just the same fans buying everything she puts out and her fanbase keeps her afloat more than the public. Her fanbase keep her at the top regardless of how the public feel so the downside is, she has to deal with a lot of hate from outsiders, but it seems like a good trade-off. I just wish their devotion could've gone to someone more deserving. Maybe the artists *cough*Lana*cough* that have massively inspired Taylor for years now, but who have yet to get the same level of fan devotion, sales, awards and praise? 

• YAAAS 1