đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Madonna sued again over late concert start and lip synching

Teletubby

Featured Posts

faysalaaa1
1 hour ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

I will say the temperature thing was wild. I didn't sue but I wanted to. Like I'm sweating sitting down and for what??

Jail. Prison even. And give me 20 dollars. 

The crowd was dead after waiting 2 hours in extreme heat. She keeps complaining that people arent excited to see her or stand up for her, but I think its because of the heat.

• Thanks 1

Roughhouse Dandy
2 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

The crowd was dead after waiting 2 hours in extreme heat. She keeps complaining that people arent excited to see her or stand up for her, but I think its because of the heat.

That part. A big b*tch like me gets tired when I'm hot and a birthday DJ for rent isn't gonna keep me hype for the 2 extra hours it takes for her to grace us with her pretense. Fun concert though!

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 1

Ronk

In the concert I attended in 2019 in Philadelphia, Madonna was at least 2 hours late and nobody seemed to mind.  We expected it.  And it was hot, and we were fine with that too.  We were thrilled when she arrived because the three previous concerts, in Boston, were cancelled due to injury and we were half expecting she might not be able to perform.   Getting to see her live is what mattered.  The lateness didn't matter at all.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Helxig

I think it's fair tbh. When people wait for hours outside, sit for another hour, spend an hour watching an opening act, and then have to wait another 3 hours in extreme heat, all while standing the whole time.. I'd even go as far to say it's a danger to their health. I've been out there waiting for a show and standing for hours at the front with no food and hardly any water in such heat, just constantly hoping she will come out 'any time now' for HOURS.. sounds like hell. I bet hella people fainted

There is literally no excuse other than she can't be bothered. Then to lip sync on top of that? It's basically false advertising except technically not. Like it's obvious and clear to another decent human with a brain that it's not okay to treat your fans like this, but all of it is technically allowed, which doesn't make it okay it just means that she won't get in trouble

And I know people are gonna attack me like wah wah wah everyone knows she's always late so they should expect it. Shut up. Stop licking her boots. It's basic human decency to show up on time to anything, let alone for tens of thousands of people waiting in awful conditions

Edited by Helxig
I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Thanks 11

Ronk
29 minutes ago, Helxig said:

I think it's fair tbh. When people wait for hours outside, sit for another hour, spend an hour watching an opening act, and then have to wait another 3 hours in extreme heat, all while standing the whole time.. I'd even go as far to say it's a danger to their health. I've been out there waiting for a show and standing for hours at the front with no food and hardly any water in such heat, just constantly hoping she will come out 'any time now' for HOURS.. sounds like hell. I bet hella people fainted

There is literally no excuse other than she can't be bothered. Then to lip sync on top of that? It's basically false advertising except technically not. Like it's obvious and clear to another decent human with a brain that it's not okay to treat your fans like this, but all of it is technically allowed, which doesn't make it okay it just means that she won't get in trouble

And I know people are gonna attack me like wah wah wah everyone knows she's always late so they should expect it. Shut up. Stop licking her boots. It's basic human decency to show up on time to anything, let alone for tens of thousands of people waiting in awful conditions

The concert I attended was much different than that.  There was no standing.  Everyone had a reserved seat so there was no reason to show up early.  So we waited the 2 hours in our seats.  The time goes by quickly when you talk with the people seated nearby.

Ashley

“After making her fans listen to pre-recorded music for over 2 hours in a hot arena, Madonna finally took the stage and made the following admission:
“I am sorry I am late... no, I am not sorry, it’s who I am... I’m always late.”

:air: lmao she’s ridiculous. I feel bad for the people in general admission having to stand so long in the heat. That actually sounds dangerous.

• Thanks 1

DontDoubtDavid

It was the same for the show in Miami. It was supposed to start at 8:30, but she didn’t come on until around 10:45. But I expected it though, it kinds a given if you’re gonna see her. What I wasn’t expecting was the heat, I was drenched by the end.

Helxig
1 hour ago, Ronk said:

The concert I attended was much different than that.  There was no standing.  Everyone had a reserved seat so there was no reason to show up early.  So we waited the 2 hours in our seats.  The time goes by quickly when you talk with the people seated nearby.

Her shows are all seated??? It didn't look like it from pictures and videos I'd seen. Okay that is different, but I'm not changing my mind that it's still disrespectful

I'll put it this way: if you went to a restaurant and it took them 2 hours to get the food to you would get a refund and walk out. If you went to the movies and they started the movie an hour later than it's start time after you were already let in, you'd be pissed off. If you went to an opera that started at 7, so you show up to get seated at 6:30, and they left you in the seats until 9pm.. people would riot. If there was a street performer who shows up to gigs late every time they would be fired. It's all entertainment, performance, customer service. The social etiquette applies to everyone, Madonna isn't exempt 

Also a lot of people who go to see Madonna are older people who get tired and don't want to be out until 1am. They'd be falling asleep in their chairs with a headache wanting to leave, not even enjoying the show. Waste of money, waste of time

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Thanks 1

Didymus
1 hour ago, Ronk said:

So "showing up early" includes showing up an hour and a half past the advertised start time, makes sense lol. It is in fact misleading consumers however you wanna spin this. The only reason Live Nation doesn't print accurate timing on tickets is because they know it would affect sales. I don't understand why you are hellbent on convincing anyone they should be ok with that. Like, cute that you enjoy talking to people next to you for 2 friggin hours, but some people would just be worrying if they'd even make it back home, and that is just as legitimate.

• Thanks 5

Ronk
24 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Her shows are all seated??? It didn't look like it from pictures and videos I'd seen. Okay that is different, but I'm not changing my mind that it's still disrespectful

I'll put it this way: if you went to a restaurant and it took them 2 hours to get the food to you would get a refund and walk out. If you went to the movies and they started the movie an hour later than it's start time after you were already let in, you'd be pissed off. If you went to an opera that started at 7, so you show up to get seated at 6:30, and they left you in the seats until 9pm.. people would riot. If there was a street performer who shows up to gigs late every time they would be fired. It's all entertainment, performance, customer service. The social etiquette applies to everyone, Madonna isn't exempt 

Also a lot of people who go to see Madonna are older people who get tired and don't want to be out until 1am. They'd be falling asleep in their chairs with a headache wanting to leave, not even enjoying the show. Waste of money, waste of time

11 minutes ago, Didymus said:

So "showing up early" includes showing up an hour and a half past the advertised start time, makes sense lol. It is in fact misleading consumers however you wanna spin this. The only reason Live Nation doesn't print accurate timing on tickets is because they know it would affect sales. I don't understand why you are hellbent on convincing anyone they should be ok with that. Like, cute that you enjoy talking to people next to you for 2 friggin hours, but some people would just be worrying if they'd even make it back home, and that is just as legitimate.

I can only speak about my experience.  It was the Madame X tour, where at each city she performed several concerts in a row at a small venue instead of one concert in an arena.  She thought the small venue atmosphere would be nicer for her fans.  At the concert I attended there was no standing room, only seats.  My experience was enjoyable.

Certainly people who had a problem with the concert ending 2 hours later than they expected would be very inconvenienced and upset.  None of the people I spoke with had that problem, but that doesn't mean nobody had a problem.  And in concerts where there was standing room and people had to stand for hours, those people would also have a serious problem.  I was not trying to convince anyone that they should not be upset about their situation at their concert.  I was only talking about my personal experience, and explained how my seated concert was different from the one described earlier where people had to stand for hours.  I did not say people shouldn't be upset if their experience was different than mine.

• Thanks 1

Didymus
2 minutes ago, Ronk said:

I can only speak about my experience.  It was the Madame X tour, where at each city she performed several concerts in a row at a small venue instead of one concert in an arena.  She thought the small venue atmosphere would be nicer for her fans.  At the concert I attended there was no standing room, only seats.  My experience was enjoyable.

Certainly people who had a problem with the concert ending 2 hours later than they expected would be very inconvenienced and upset.  None of the people I spoke with had that problem, but that doesn't mean nobody had a problem.  And in concerts where there was standing room and people had to stand for hours, those people would also have a serious problem.  I was not trying to convince anyone that they should not be upset about their situation at their concert.  I was only talking about my personal experience, and explained how my seated concert was different from the one described earlier where people had to stand for hours.  I did not say people shouldn't be upset if their experience was different than mine.

Oh ok my bad :hug: I'm very used to some Madonna fans here mocking other people for taking issue with her being late, so I read that into your post like an asshole.

Also, jealous omg. That tour was so good. I really regret not going.

• Love 1

NATAH
7 hours ago, EdX said:

These lawsuits are so cringeworthy :billie:

not really, she shouldn't be late, end of story

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 3

niccolo

Years ago I thought these complaints were annoying but now? We’re paying hundreds and hundreds of dollars even for shitty seats. It’s a lot. 

• Like 1

River
7 hours ago, Teletubby said:

“I am sorry I am late... no, I am not sorry, it’s who I am... I’m always late.”

It's hmm.. not something that u say publicly when u have a lawsuit against u about being late :air:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
  • LMAO 1

Bronco

I mean she definitely goes heavy on the playback in the Boxing section, but otherwise she sings live on this tour