tyler k
On 4/19/2024 at 6:06 PM, BlingNotTheMusic said:

It's like she's cosplaying as Lana but sorry sweet tea it's not working :icant:

THIS yes THIS 100000% YES she wants to be Lana so bad

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Thanks 2

Karl
10 hours ago, RenegAde said:

I dont know why yall are wasting your time arguing about this. it's clear these numbers are inorganic. There's no other explanation why taylor is the only artist that is ever able to attain these numbers consecutively. Yes she has a big fanbase but there is no demand or acclaim for this album so the numbers especially don't make sense in this instance .

Beyoncé and ariana had way more acclaim following their album release so how is it that they barely pulled a quarter of these numbers?

It's got the same score on metacritic as eternal sunshine so yeah it is acclaimed. Just accept that people like these songs, just because you don't doesn't mean no one else does. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RenegAde
23 minutes ago, Karl said:

It's got the same score on metacritic as eternal sunshine so yeah it is acclaimed. Just accept that people like these songs, just because you don't doesn't mean no one else does. 

Metacritic giving a rating of 84 based off just 12 reviews does not negate the public disregard of this album. This is just another example of how nothing ever adds up with taylor swift. Numbers magically appear and we have live with them.

Taylucifer

well of course, what did we expect? 

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW
  • Love 1

River

#32 Best Album of 2024 according to metacritic, not even top 10

It's a win, I'll take it :ladyhaha:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

POPANEINONEONE
On 4/20/2024 at 12:19 AM, Teletubby said:

Wait til rep tv comes and then

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL. NOR WILL HE EVER BE! NOW TRIM MY BANGS YOU WORTHLESS S**T!

ChicaSkas

I love her but it wasn't even that good. It was slow, sad. And no hooks. I'll need to listen more honestly. You can tell the 2nd producer kicked in with the 15 song surprise double album drop.

Now that was a little spicier.

Also she's never said "f*ck" more than inside this album, which, honestly,  same, girl, same

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ChicaSkas
6 minutes ago, FantasInIbiza said:

Wait til rep tv comes and then

Now THAT is gonna go hard. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Karl
5 hours ago, RenegAde said:

Metacritic giving a rating of 84 based off just 12 reviews does not negate the public disregard of this album. This is just another example of how nothing ever adds up with taylor swift. Numbers magically appear and we have live with them.

Are you saying sales numbers specifically for her are made up by the all the chart aggregators across the world? That's a big ass conspiracy theory to believe :ladyhaha:

King of the Fall

Her god complex and performative victimhood is something to behold. The only time a lyric stands out to me on this bloated mess of an album is when it is unbelievably cringe

She actually has the nerve to title such clunky songwriting as "The Tortured Poets Department"

Edited by King of the Fall
Ain't it just like the night to play tricks when you're tryin to be so quiet?
  • Thanks 1