Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor Swift's TTPD became Spotify's most-streamed album with 314M streams

Teletubby

Featured Posts

JustTea

The most boring artist ever with the most deranged and tasteless fandom ever...

Judge Judy Do Not Want GIF

• Like 3
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

BlingNotTheMusic
3 hours ago, hieronymus said:

Respectfully, what else is there to post if we're only supposed to stay on topic?

3 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Well, it's not like there are Gaga news so we might as well make it TaylorDaily :partysick:

Ha Ha Lol GIF

• YAAAS 1

Agunimon
1 hour ago, salty like sodium said:

Good question and that was maybe my next point – a lot of taylor's new album (and her fans too, let's be honest) position her as being "underrated", "misunderstood", etc. And I'm sorry but coming from someone who is without any possible doubt the most successful, wealthy, popular and famous entertainer in the entire industry (and possibly, in the entire world), the whole "I'm a victim underdog narrative" just really does not make any sense anymore. It maybe did back during Fearless and the VMAs but she really should be beyond that... Just my personal opinion.

I think fans should be open to criticising their faves. My fave is Beyoncé, that doesn't mean I think she's right to hoard billions with Jay, for example. It's important to not treat our stars like gods, and look at them as they are; flawed humans. Blind adulation isn't doing Taylor Swift any favors, it's just making her completely blind to any potential flaws or shortcomings she may have because she always knows there are millions of people who will follow her no matter what she does... :messga: And therefore she never needs to grow or evolve.

But those who are claiming anyone who doesn't like her new music is either ignorant or "just a hater" because they "don't get it" or "have bias against her" is just not it for me. :laughga:

This take makes a lot more sense to me, so I appreciate you clarifying further! 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 1

salty like sodium
2 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

This take makes a lot more sense to me, so I appreciate you clarifying further! 

thanks for being open-minded and for really reading what i was saying, it means a lot!

Werewolves Wanted
2 hours ago, salty like sodium said:

:messga:

(Sorry shortening your response just for the sake of the page length, I do appreciate your detailed response!)

Definitely the reverse is true! You are absolutely entitled to your opinion. I apologize if I seem to dismiss that. Realistically, I think you’re right in that “you just don’t get it” can sound condescending, and I actually don’t mean it to be! Like you said, your reversal scenario is correct. I frequently stand by the “all music is not for everyone, because everyone is different.” But in thinking this way, I don’t have to think another piece of music is genuinely a bad piece of art, because the people around me are genuinely getting it. For example, I’m not really much for the hyper pop craze that’s going on right now. I think I’m justified in my own reasons for disliking it. personally, I don’t feel the music is bad because to do so is, in a way, discrediting the other people’s opinions—almost as if they are below any cynical intelligence that declares the art trash.
Maybe it’s just my optimism, I’m not sure. I do think your feelings on not liking it are valid though! Tastes being different and all. 

Edited by Werewolves Wanted
  • Thanks 2

salty like sodium
9 minutes ago, Werewolves Wanted said:

(Sorry shortening your response just for the sake of the page length, I do appreciate your detailed response!)

Definitely the reverse is true! You are absolutely entitled to your opinion. I apologize if I seem to dismiss that. Realistically, I think you’re right in that “you just don’t get it” can sound condescending, and I actually don’t mean it to be! Like you said, your reversal scenario is correct. I frequently stand by the “all music is not for everyone, because everyone is different.” But in thinking this way, I don’t have to think another piece of music is genuinely a bad piece of art, because the people around me are genuinely getting it. For example, I’m not really much for the hyper pop craze that’s going on right now. I think I’m justified in my own reasons for disliking it. personally, I don’t feel the music is bad because to do so is, in a way, discrediting the other people’s opinions—almost as if they are below any cynical intelligence that declares the art trash.
Maybe it’s just my optimism, I’m not sure. I do think your feelings on not liking it are valid though! Tastes being different and all. 

Thanks for the kind words! I think it's beyond just that, for me. It's not like I dislike Taylor's music – I've listened to every single song, including the ones from Debut. I know her catalog inside and out. I've seen her live 2 times, including City of Lover, soon to be three. I think there should be the space for genuine concerns and criticisms that it doesn't seem like she's really growing, maturing or evolving as an artist since the themes and styles of her music just haven't seem to have evolved that much in recent years. I don't think that's as simplistic as saying "good" or "bad", I think it fits more broadly into the world that's been created around her where she gets praised for everything and receives awards for any album just out of popularity, even if that album might not objectively be the best music of the year. It's a broader contextual thing. Sometimes the songs she wrote as a teenager feel more mature than the ones she is writing now, as a 30-something tbh. Idk if any of this makes sense

• LMAO 1
  • Love 1

Zedd

Bland songs, about 30 songs, multiple editions to grab cash from fans. She doesn't care for quality, she goes for quantity.

Additionally, why her album artwork covers are so boring, like they're made in PicsArt? Evermore is the only exception.

Ladle Ghoulash
5 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

All of you STAY MAD Taylor Swift Grammy GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

Anyway, stream Tattooed Golden Retriever or whatever 

• LMAO 1

Tinnitus15
Just now, Ladle Ghoulash said:

Anyway, stream Tattooed Golden Retriever or whatever 

I am. :fan:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

King of the Fall

Proof that Taylor is too big to fail, TTPD is a **** album

Killa

did she release 30 songs for it to have more streams? omg is that the new strategy lol

I'm not invested in her to pay too much attention to the songs, but most of these are kinda what we call filler as they don't really stick out. These songs almost all blend together

I can imagine her music pulling people inside to the stories she tells, but all this hype lol. These records she beats seem mockery. 

• Like 1

TwistedTeeth

Making a whole album with no replayability is also a record she broke :laughga:

Edited by TwistedTeeth
Ranked FFXIV's Worst Player with the Best Pecs!
  • Thanks 1

ALGAYDO
34 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

All of you STAY MAD Taylor Swift Grammy GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

Not mad, just annoyed by her and (some) of her highly obnoxious fans lol 

• LMAO 1

• Teletubby changed the title to Taylor Swift's TTPD became Spotify's most-streamed album with 314M streams