Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is LG7 a bit of a make or break for Gaga?

Mr S

Featured Posts

Mr S

Obviously ASIB was a cultural moment but was sort of lightning in a bottle and ROM was a nice sized hit, but realistically Gaga hasn't been at the forefront of pop music since the build up of the ARTPOP era. She has created a nice legacy and her career is in a good position in that she can do music, jazz, movies, concerts, makeup, and find success in it. But as a leading force in pop music, she has been an afterthought. And that's normal. Beyonce was too with those late 2010s projects and then came back with Renaissance. Madonna came back with ROL and then against with COADF. Whitney was probably in a similar situation as LG doing movies and other stuff but came back with MLIYL. I feel this era is important in bringing her back to relevance and the conversation of pop music as opposed to being just a legacy artist. Agree?

• Like 25
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 5

Robo Ga

I've been saying this, it absolutely is essential to her musical legacy, particularly for this decade 2020-2030. 

As someone who believes she should be in the same lane as today's modern day supremes (Bey and Tay), it is very frustrating to watch her take a back seat for so long and allow her voice to be so absent from musical pop culture. 

I fully agree it's a make or break - and I hate to admit sometimes I feel like she has already waited too long.

If she comes back FULL SWING, she can do it. But right now I can't believe it's nearing the end of April and we still don't have any real info. 

We need a BTW level era to bring us back.

🤖⚡️
  • Like 39
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 13

Lucas

After ARTPOP (messy era), Joanne (toned down era) and Chromatica (empty era) I feel like the next era will be very decisive for the future of Gaga's music career and her relationships with her music fans.

Over the years I can't help but notice that fans are becoming less supportive of her choices and the next era could very much be the ending point for a lot of fans.

• Like 35
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 9

Nycboy

Totally agree. She either puts out a decent but safe album like Chromatica, which would be another small chapter in her legacy and would continue to push her away from the center of culture, OR she captures lightning in a bottle and shifts pop culture. Honestly I think it’s her choice. I feel like with BTW she wanted to be the center of pop culture, and with Chromatica she didn’t want to be. 

• Like 6

Cavadour

Just in time. Don't analyse too much. I think our queen has just slowed down a bit her babylonian ways.

Now she doing big on so many fields... Gotta aim strategically. And take time to sync. Play versatile full on requires good reflection.

Gaga doesn't make a break, she just thinks!  :iamfair::coffee:

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart
  • Love 3

Lextyr97

I think if this album does nothing, she’s gonna fade out and become known as an actress before a musician

• Like 5
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

eunino
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

After ARTPOP (messy era), Joanne (toned down era) and Chromatica (empty era) I feel like the next era will be very decisive for the future of Gaga's music career and her relationships with her music fans.

Over the years I can't help but notice that fans are becoming less supportive of her choices and the next era could very much be the ending point for a lot of fans.

We can’t help it if her latest decisions have been so contradictory. And I agree it is very frustrating for us fans to witness this knowing how much she impacted and helped shape the pop culture. She still has so much potential to push boundaries, be innovative but it looks like she is no longer hungry for any of that. She achieved a very solid and respected level of success within music peers and also the film industry - which helps on the legacy perspective. But I am not gonna lie and say I don’t miss the unpredictable, polished and freshness factor in her artistry like it was before.

• Like 13

palma
16 minutes ago, Lucas said:

This I 100% agree with. If the next era does not satisfy the majority of her fanbase, I would expect many of us to become casual fans gradually. I also would expect to see her career/image as one of a movie star, rather than a popstar - which may be her intention after all. 

LG7 should pull something like Beyoncé's self-titled - a career renaissance that would cement her status as a pop titan. If not, well, we'll still have the movies and an occasional album every now and then.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

MOT

I think she has moved on. Enjoy what she does. She remains exceptional. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

BlingNotTheMusic

100%!

When you think about what she's known for this decade, starting with 2020, only popheads really know and acknowledge the remainder of Chromatica - while the GP may (or may not) remember ROM. Before that her most well known hit was Shallow, before that? Applause :icant:

I'm sure Joker OST will spawn another hit but I genuinely feel LG7 needs to be BIG. No more playing it safe, she needs more successful tracks to eventually replace The Fame singles on tour lol.

Do something revolutionary, completely unsafe, edgy, artistic, push the boundaries. Incorporate technology, fashion, music and art in a new and exciting way. 

Tbh even if LG7 is another safe album ala Chromatica (I will definitely become more of a casual listener then), she will be fine as she's expanded her fanbase with JazzGa and VegasGa, but it's just sad to see her deviate so much from the risk-taking artist she sold us years ago.

A safe album coupled with the weird capitalistic brand partnerships, PharmGa, Richy etc would definitely make me unstan. It's sad to say but I've found her unrelatable the last several years. 

Edited by BlingNotTheMusic
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 3

weed
38 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

I've been saying this, it absolutely is essential to her musical legacy, particularly for this decade 2020-2030. 

As someone who believes she should be in the same lane as today's modern day supremes (Bey and Tay), it is very frustrating to watch her take a back seat for so long and allow her voice to be so absent from musical pop culture. 

I fully agree it's a make or break - and I hate to admit sometimes I feel like she has already waited too long.

If she comes back FULL SWING, she can do it. But right now I can't believe it's nearing the end of April and we still don't have any real info. 

We need a BTW level era to bring us back.

My thoughts exactly.

It feels like more of a comeback than Chromatica. 

• Like 1

Anderson123

I want to be optimistic about LG7 and think that she's working hard on it because she's feeling creative about it. As much as I love Chromatica I have to thank Bloodpop for coming up with the concept of it, getting the producers he needed, being there for Gaga as a friend but it seems more like she just did that album for the sake of making a dance album. Joanne well it's there, ARTPOP we know the mess that she went through. I just really need a Gaga album about her being happy for once. All of these releases have been about her depression, her pain. I think it's finally time to hear what she has to say in a much happier place.

• Like 4

himerosxo

LG7 is definitely going to be remarkable and to be honest, I don’t see her doing another album after this. She’s transitioning into acting which seems to be her true passion and life’s dream. Her planting seeds with Haus Labs, BTWF, and immersing herself into jazz shows which she seems to love in terms of performances, clearly paint the legacy she wants to leave behind. Just like the ‘popstar’ she was during the years of growth. She’s now a woman who’s successful, financially healthy, and probably wants to start a family! 

If LG7 is her make or break, I don’t think that commercial success is the focus of this album. For all we know this could be a surprise drop type of record and it’ll roll out the way it’s supposed to. Which feels like the direction she’s going. She herself said she’s been enjoying writing music for the next one and all we can do is enjoy it with her. This very much could be the farewell of Lady Gaga the popstar/musician. :kiss:

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 3

madmagical6

My god this thread has made me realise that she really does need a avant garde smash album again to keep her in the music pop culture sphere. 

I do agree though I think she will need to pull a 'Madonna Ray Of Light' type situation for lack of another comparison.

I'm glad she's enjoying her acting gigs but it is actually very important for her to become part of the music conversation again and I mean completely solo, not like shallow and rain on me.

She's the artist who brought us 'Bad Romance' and completely changed the game. I know she can do it again.

But, only if she wants to and has has passion to. 

Edited by madmagical6
  • Like 13
  • Love 2

Reality

I don't think the future of her career will solely depend on LG7. I think a lot of y'all, again, are underestimating just how important Joker 2 will be for her career. The trailer got more views than Deadpool & Wolverine in the span of ~2 weeks. That's f*cking insane. That is the only MCU movie coming out this year and the Deadpool brand is beloved by many. The fact that there is seemingly more interest in Joker 2 is wild, especially since the movie is supposed to be very conceptual and high-risk.

We don't even know when LG7 is coming out. I still have hope that it's coming out before Joker 2, but that hope is slowly fading away. If it comes out after, then I'd argue Joker 2's success is more important. If the film flops, it'll 100% affect her ability to sell/promote the album. Honestly, if her & her team are smart, they'd release it before. Clearly everyone's interested in Joker 2, so you might as well get the album out there before the movie comes out to capitalize on the hype.

LG7 + Joker 2 will be big steps in getting her name back out there again, and I feel confident both will be great. From the trailer, it looks like the movie's going to be phenomenal, and she seems genuinely excited and interested in making music again. If the passion is there (which looks to be the case), I have faith her projects will be amazing.

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1