💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Dua Lipa’s 'Illusion' is predicted to debut at #43 on the Hot 100

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Bradley
2 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

The nitpicking of it all! You guys are trying too hard to be critical towards Dua, I mean dancing is such a generic and omnipresent thing for a pop song. That would be the same for Gaga’s “I’m in love with Judas”, “I wonder if this could be love”, “It wasn’t love”, “I want your stupid love”

You're talking about one song from each era with distinctive concepts, Dua's 'dance the night' theme runs throughout almost everything she makes. In her fashion choices as well as musical choices.

Robo Ga

I think Training Season is a bad song and that killed her momentum. Houdini was great, felt fresh to me and loved the music video. Training Season has an irritating verse structure and melody, lyrics are uninspired. I think Illusion is decent but it should've been second, Training Season should've stayed in the vault.

🤖⚡️

Grigio Guy

The truth is FN was a right place and right time situation. People clung onto it to distract themselves from the millions of people dying during the pandemic. Unfortunately, the magic is gone and, with a severe decrease in quality of the songs she's putting out, I fear Dua's about to get the Witness treatment.

Religion is a product to sell.
  • Like 1

ChavaWM

Honestly, it's all kind of boring. The music seems a little more toned down than FN. The people listening on radio don't know anything about this album and how it's supposed to be "psychedelic" and "experimental". So that isn't why it's not hitting this time. I think it's just too safe and predictable, they've heard it all before so no one cares for it this time around.

Teletubby

update:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

• Teletubby changed the title to Dua Lipa’s 'Illusion' is predicted to debut at #43 on the Hot 100
salty like sodium
On 4/17/2024 at 3:06 PM, Didymus said:

I feel like she's probably fine. Her always kinda similar sounding music's just been so massively and non-stop overexposed these last four years that it probably reached the point of killing any salient public curiosity about what she's gonna do next.

Dance the Night was probably enough of a (boring but still amazing) serve to justify laying low for a few more months before promoting yet another big stretch of public domination. Even though her album was released four friggin' years ago, it doesn't feel at all like we've been able to take a breath, at least for me. That wears out after a while.

taylor swift would like a word, in contrast dua's been out of the public eye for too long :messga:

Didymus
18 minutes ago, salty like sodium said:

taylor swift would like a word, in contrast dua's been out of the public eye for too long :messga:

Taylor is different. She has all the emotional appeal Dua lacks.

• Shook 1