💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Dua Lipa’s 'Illusion' is predicted to debut at #43 on the Hot 100

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Auralegends

Illusion is the most catchy of the 3 singles so far. I revisit the song and video a lot more compared yo the first week of Houdini and Training Season

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

freebit
3 hours ago, MingersPrayer said:

Why is this era not popping? Genuine question. Is it quality of songs or promotion or something else?

Honestly, the songs aren't that good. They don't go off like they should. 

There was a rumor from popbitch (gossipy british newsletter) a while back (circa 2022) that Dua's team were wanting songs, but only if Dua got some credit on them too, thus no one offering up their best to her, and her  getting frustrated and changing management. I thought it was bs at first, but after listening to these songs after the fire songs on Future Nostalgia...it would explain a lot, lol. 

• Like 4
  • Shook 1

SimonBaetens

Some of these comments remind me of the ARTPOP era. After Born This Way’s massive success, it was impossible for Gaga to top it commercially and was constantly being targeted for it, even though ARTPOP far from flopped. What Dua is going through in the eyes of the GP seems very similar.

• Like 5

Anderson123

Didn't she release Illusion on a thursday before midnight ? She usually does these UK time releases. So a 60 on the Hot 100 is pretty good for just one day of streams/sales.

Teletubby
3 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

So a 60 on the Hot 100 is pretty good for just one day of streams/sales.

this is the prediction for the whole week(April 12-18)

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Thanks 2

Natalia Kills
4 hours ago, MingersPrayer said:

Why is this era not popping? Genuine question. Is it quality of songs or promotion or something else?

Americans have bad taste. We managed to fend off one pandemic (COVID-19) but succumbed to another one (bad taste in music).

Nowadays, Tay and Bey fart and burp their way to the #1, “give us nothing” cursive voice dominate elsewhere and any hope of a bop gets overshadowed by some sort of rap song blasphemically sampling cherished pop bops. Then there’s country and folk…

InsomniaMonster69
3 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

something i'm noticing is that all her songs are about lovers and its kinda boring. i know it's an incredibly common and normal pop music topic but would be nice for them to make songs that have something different to say than just always being love songs/heartbreak songs

Well for Taylor this works pretty good. So this can't be the issue 

• Like 1

Teletubby
1 minute ago, InsomniaMonster69 said:

Taylor has a big fanbase that is streaming on mute, Dua is more GP artist

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 1

MajorMinus

I think the songs are fantastic, but just not fitting the mojo of what’s currently charting. Look at the Hot 100 for example and there’s not much pop/dance hanging out there. Just a matter of the times - FN really shined because of COVID. Also don’t think she has as strong of a “cult” following like other pop stars; she’s more of a GP girlie. 

Bronco

I think Dua's biggest issue is there's no personality to build a star from. Like she's literally a model and as she keeps her private life quiet (as is her right) there's like nothing of substance to relate to. She's just someone pretty who makes the occasional bop. 

Her music doesn't really emote, she herself doesn't. What's actually there for people to attach to?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

holy scheisse
19 minutes ago, InsomniaMonster69 said:

Facts lol. and most pop stars tbh 

althoug anti hero is about self deprecation and karma is about …. Karma, not lovers lol

Edited by holy scheisse

Bowman

Is it just me or is a lot of songs (main pop people) flopping these days? Like I swear you don’t hear much songs doing well. What’s done well recently on the charts?

Edited by Bowman
𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

A Real Panda
2 minutes ago, Bowman said:

Is it just me or is a lot of songs flopping these days? Like I swear you don’t hear much songs doing well. What’s done well recently on the charts?

Rap songs. There's 5 or 6 rap songs on the Hot 100 Top 10 and if you go through all 100 its mostly rap.

• Like 1

freebit
6 minutes ago, Bowman said:

Is it just me or is a lot of songs (main pop people) flopping these days? Like I swear you don’t hear much songs doing well. What’s done well recently on the charts?

Sabrina Carpenter, Tate McCrae, & Taylor are all doing good. Though that said, it all reminds me of the early 10s where it felt like people are waiting for the next wave and the charts aren't really dominated by any one genre. 

• Like 1

AnglerfishbraBENUS
1 hour ago, SimonBaetens said:

Some of these comments remind me of the ARTPOP era. After Born This Way’s massive success, it was impossible for Gaga to top it commercially and was constantly being targeted for it, even though ARTPOP far from flopped. What Dua is going through in the eyes of the GP seems very similar.

seeing it happen to someone else definitely puts ARTPOP into perspective. ARTPOP had much more of an uphill battle but still similar 

• Like 1

• Teletubby changed the title to Dua Lipa’s 'Illusion' is predicted to debut at #43 on the Hot 100