Lana and Gwen Stefani chose to wear Dolce & Gabbana at Coachella

Teletubby

Featured Posts

rem beauty

Lana looks great

š“š“·š“°š“®š“µ š““š“¾š“¼š“½ ā‚ŠĖšāŠ¹ą±Øą§Ž ā‚ŠĖšāŠ¹

Westerosi
3 hours ago, hieronymus said:

There's a massive difference between common people in a highly capitalist society buying unethically-made clothing out of necessity because they can't afford ethically-made clothes and millionaires buying clothes from luxury brands headed by outspokenly horrible people just because their ignorant stylist thinks it's a slay or whatever.

Also if you're upset with how people on Twitter talk about people, talk to those people about it. Don't bring your baggage here and blame other people for things they haven't said.

My baggage? šŸ˜‚ I've probably been on Twitter seven times in the last twelve months. There is no baggage haha.

But IĀ doĀ know that it's a cesspit of miserable people who love prefer destruction over creation.

You're misunderstanding me. Criticise her fashion all day long, it is entirely inconsequential to the trajectory of my day.

My issue here is theĀ attitudeĀ people display ofĀ omfg did u see lana can you believe she chose to wear that?????

It's such an unbelievably immature and reductionist way of criticising someone. If you're going to take something as beautiful and sacred as a human being, and speak negatively about it, at least do it with a bit of class. That's all.Ā :oops:

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  • Like 1

TMM90

Lol not this poster coming for Lana and Gwen for wearing D&G..

while Gaga hasnā€™t said anything about the genocide that is going on in Gaza and is supporting Genocidal Joe.Ā 

get your priorities straight please. And focus on the real hypocrites.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Head Empty
8 hours ago, Westerosi said:

"She chose to wear it" is such a b*tchy, judgemental statement to make.

To be fair, that's exactly how D&G wrote it themselves in their social media postsĀ :haroon:

People who associate with problematic brands do have some responsibility though. Even though the designer, manager or the wearer might not be homophobic themselves, they do choose to give the brand (and subsequent higher-ups) a platform.

I'd argue that especially celebrities (or rather: their stylists) have to be aware of the people they're promoting.

I do agree with you that judgement should mostly be focussed on the actual perpetrators of problematic behavior. Wearing the outfit of a problematic brand is a very minor transgression compared to actually making homophobic or racist remarks.

But then again with a case like this, where D&G is widely known for being problematic, it's frustrating to see how much support their brand still gets. And it makes sense that people get pissed off.

hieronymus
2 hours ago, Westerosi said:

My baggage? šŸ˜‚ I've probably been on Twitter seven times in the last twelve months. There is no baggage haha.

But IĀ doĀ know that it's a cesspit of miserable people who love prefer destruction over creation.

You're misunderstanding me. Criticise her fashion all day long, it is entirely inconsequential to the trajectory of my day.

My issue here is theĀ attitudeĀ people display ofĀ omfg did u see lana can you believe she chose to wear that?????

It's such an unbelievably immature and reductionist way of criticising someone. If you're going to take something as beautiful and sacred as a human being, and speak negatively about it, at least do it with a bit of class. That's all.Ā :oops:

Then why bring it up if it didn't bother you?

That's a big assumption for someone who wouldn't DARE venture there, I'm sure.

No, I understand you perfectly. We're not critiquing her fashion, we're critiquing the fact that big names are still supporting D&G. Please, try to keep up.

That last paragraph is just word salad attempting to be deep. Are you drunk?

Edited by hieronymus

Westerosi
1 hour ago, hieronymus said:

Then why bring it up if it didn't bother you?

That's a big assumption for someone who wouldn't DARE venture there, I'm sure.

No, I understand you perfectly. We're not critiquing her fashion, we're critiquing the fact that big names are still supporting D&G. Please, try to keep up.

That last paragraph is just word salad attempting to be deep. Are you drunk?

Why bring what up? The fact that toxic fandoms and cancel culture predominately reside on Twitter?Ā 

News flash - they do!Ā 

It's hardly an assumption. It's a sociological fact spelled out in every modern textbook available. Though, your fierce defense of the site and its willingness to accommodate toxicity is telling, as if your arrogance, hostility and disrespect wasn't evidence enough. šŸ™„Ā 

I don't need to "venture" to the siteĀ most famousĀ for malevolent cancel culture to know it's there. šŸ˜‚ Why do you think I haven't looked at it much this year? Because it's unhealthy (your antagonism is proof of that), and, I learned fromĀ yearsĀ of engagement with Twitter that it's literally the toilet of the Internet. If you want to argueĀ properly, ignorance is the last thing you could accuse me of. I can't bring up the fact that Twitter is the literal birthplace of cancel culture because I haven't logged in much this year?

No, you don't understand me perfectly. You are critiquing her fashion and by extension her decision to wear it, which if you remember, I have no issues with. šŸ˜‰Ā 

The difference between you and me is, I may notĀ agreeĀ with the things you say, but I would defend, to my death, your right to say them. Somehow I have doubts that the feeling is mutual. You appear, sadly, to have joined the legions of accounts on Twitter who would quite happily strip people of their rights to an opinion.Ā 

And my opinion,Ā (I'll only repeat this one final time) is that there is more concerning things to focus your attention on in regarding racism, homophobia and celebrity scrutiny.Ā 

You don't seem to want to focus on those, though. It appears it's easier for you to launch a defense of something inconsequential in comparison to vital social issues and attack me in the process under the guise of virtue signalling and actually pretending to care.

PS: As an established writer, I welcome constructive criticism. But if you don't mind, "Are you drunk?" will be the featured review at the top of my next novel. šŸ˜‚ You literally proved my exact point by denouncing my hard-won spiritual belief system as "attempting to be deep."

See, this is the problem with being an antagonist. In your ferocious attempts to consistently strive for righteousness and self-virtue, you overlook your own errors each time they occur.

Edited by Westerosi
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  • Like 2

Elohim
5 hours ago, TMM90 said:

Lol not this poster coming for Lana and Gwen for wearing D&G..

while Gaga hasnā€™t said anything about the genocide that is going on in Gaza and is supporting Genocidal Joe.Ā 

get your priorities straight please. And focus on the real hypocrites.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Maybe use wikipedia (itā€™s free) to check out what genocide is.

• Sad 1

Controversiaga

A choice indeedĀ 

Pronounced like ā€œBalenciagaā€ . Emphasis on the ā€œGaā€

HIM820

Miley is on their eyewear advertisements and Katy is on their perfume, so it seems a lot of people still donā€™t mind working with them and I guess it doesnā€™t hurt their image at all.

Pandauralife
3 hours ago, Westerosi said:

Why bring what up? The fact that toxic fandoms and cancel culture predominately reside on Twitter?Ā 

News flash - they do!Ā 

It's hardly an assumption. It's a sociological fact spelled out in every modern textbook available. Though, your fierce defense of the site and its willingness to accommodate toxicity is telling, as if your arrogance, hostility and disrespect wasn't evidence enough. šŸ™„Ā 

I don't need to "venture" to the siteĀ most famousĀ for malevolent cancel culture to know it's there. šŸ˜‚ Why do you think I haven't looked at it much this year? Because it's unhealthy (your antagonism is proof of that), and, I learned fromĀ yearsĀ of engagement with Twitter that it's literally the toilet of the Internet. If you want to argueĀ properly, ignorance is the last thing you could accuse me of. I can't bring up the fact that Twitter is the literal birthplace of cancel culture because I haven't logged in much this year?

No, you don't understand me perfectly. You are critiquing her fashion and by extension her decision to wear it, which if you remember, I have no issues with. šŸ˜‰Ā 

The difference between you and me is, I may notĀ agreeĀ with the things you say, but I would defend, to my death, your right to say them. Somehow I have doubts that the feeling is mutual. You appear, sadly, to have joined the legions of accounts on Twitter who would quite happily strip people of their rights to an opinion.Ā 

And my opinion,Ā (I'll only repeat this one final time) is that there is more concerning things to focus your attention on in regarding racism, homophobia and celebrity scrutiny.Ā 

You don't seem to want to focus on those, though. It appears it's easier for you to launch a defense of something inconsequential in comparison to vital social issues and attack me in the process under the guise of virtue signalling and actually pretending to care.

PS: As an established writer, I welcome constructive criticism. But if you don't mind, "Are you drunk?" will be the featured review at the top of my next novel. šŸ˜‚ You literally proved my exact point by denouncing my hard-won spiritual belief system as "attempting to be deep."

See, this is the problem with being an antagonist. In your ferocious attempts to consistently strive for righteousness and self-virtue, you overlook your own errors each time they occur.

PERIODTĀ :vegas: we love to see people competent enough to form a cohesive thought.Ā 

• Love 1

TheSine
3 hours ago, Westerosi said:

News flash - they do!Ā 

This is why I like you.

šŸ–¤TheSinešŸ–¤
  • Love 1