💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Coachella 2024

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Franch Toast

@beli8 and I survived Coachella 2024. I’m on my flight home with very sore feet and am exhausted and possibly going to lose two toenails, but it was absolutely worth it. 

Our sole purpose was to see No Doubt, and after arriving at the gates at 7 am and waiting all day, we managed to score front row barricade for our favorite band. We also caught snippets of soundcheck while waiting.  I can’t yet put into words the feeling of seeing our ND family reunited. The love and chemistry was extremely palpable. The energy was off the charts. I already want to go back 😭 Also, this will be the only time I am front row for Olivia Rodrigo, so I feel very fortunate, but honestly, all of ND being back together outshined that Gen Z star. Gwen was in pure form, and she and the guys were so happy. I hope this marks an era of many more ND shows. 🙏🏼 They deserved to be main headliners. 

Other highlights were Sublime and Blur, and Ke$ha’s surprise appearance with Renée Rapp, the cast of the L Word introducing Renée and leaving our jaws on the grass,  Lauryn Hill making a surprise appearance with her son YG Marley (though we mostly missed it as we were in the midst of an art installation), YG and the Wailers covering Bob’s “Is This Love?”, but most of all, being with friends old and new. We met so many kind people, including Blur fans who traveled all the way from South Korea, plus the coolest mother-son duo. 

We missed the other headliners due to exhaustion, but one security guard joked his jaw was tired from yawning during Lana’s set. 🤣 I’ll catch up on the livestream once I’m home.

She/Her/Hers
  • Like 1
  • Love 7

ChicaSkas
1 hour ago, Franch Toast said:

@beli8 and I survived Coachella 2024. I’m on my flight home with very sore feet and am exhausted and possibly going to lose two toenails, but it was absolutely worth it. 

Our sole purpose was to see No Doubt, and after arriving at the gates at 7 am and waiting all day, we managed to score front row barricade for our favorite band. We also caught snippets of soundcheck while waiting.  I can’t yet put into words the feeling of seeing our ND family reunited. The love and chemistry was extremely palpable. The energy was off the charts. I already want to go back 😭 Also, this will be the only time I am front row for Olivia Rodrigo, so I feel very fortunate, but honestly, all of ND being back together outshined that Gen Z star. Gwen was in pure form, and she and the guys were so happy. I hope this marks an era of many more ND shows. 🙏🏼 They deserved to be main headliners. 

Other highlights were Sublime and Blur, and Ke$ha’s surprise appearance with Renée Rapp, the cast of the L Word introducing Renée and leaving our jaws on the grass,  Lauryn Hill making a surprise appearance with her son YG Marley (though we mostly missed it as we were in the midst of an art installation), YG and the Wailers covering Bob’s “Is This Love?”, but most of all, being with friends old and new. We met so many kind people, including Blur fans who traveled all the way from South Korea, plus the coolest mother-son duo. 

We missed the other headliners due to exhaustion, but one security guard joked his jaw was tired from yawning during Lana’s set. 🤣 I’ll catch up on the livestream once I’m home.

I could sense your joy from the instagram posts. I was living vicariously through your updates, and crying from Couchella when ND came on... it was MAGICAL to hear the opening strains of. "..... a real love survives.... a rock steady vibe....." echoing over the crowd. It was like THEY SURVIVED.

It was a totally different world. Maddy and 1405Amy will tell you that when we went to the Hollywood Walk of Fame Star ceremony for Gwen, we talked with 2 or 3 of her family members. And I didn't have anything to lose, and I had to ask the question that was eating at my soul. I said, why aren't the boys here? Is there any hope they can patch things up? And the family was saying, well, there was a falling out, we don't see that in the future, it's between them to patch up.... and well. I never thought in ten thousand years, that they would be on the stage again as NO FREAKING DOUBT. Ever. Especially after last october. And the boys forming their own band and such. So to have the Coachella annoucement was so profoundly joy inducing. Before Gaga I was all Gwenabee all the time, from like... 1997 to 2006 I lived ate and slept No Doubt. I printed stickers to promote a band that didnt need any promoting. I snuck out of the house for the first time in my life to GO TO A MUSEUM for No Doubt in the heart of Fullerton, in 2004. :ladyhaha:

To say I was obsessed with this band was an understatement. 

Seeing them all back on stage like a blink of an eye from the Rock Steady tour to this very moment ---- ALL SIX OF THEM (minus Eric) ---- was so VALIDATING as an Old School No Doubter. They were so magnetic and tight musically ---- it was like they had never been apart. The ELECTRICITY of Sunday Morning, Total Hate, and One Step Beyond. I was sobbing like a baby. And she brought back the classic call and response for Just A Girl where she calls out the boys and the girls. Hey Baby hit so hard after me not really hearing it for 22 odd years. :giveup:

The set covered so many eras of No Doubt and I was scream singing every word of Different People in the living room while squealing in my best gwen voice. 

I am so glad you got to see them back on top, back on fire, BACK as the biggest band of our generation.

LONG MAY THEY TOUR.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk
  • Love 3

PopMusicForever
On 4/12/2024 at 5:01 PM, OriginalMonster said:

I'm going next weekend! Got tickets mainly to see Lana :heart: Who else do you all recommend as must see acts? Right now I'm planning Chappell Roan, Sabrina Carpenter, Grimes, No Doubt, Bebe Rexha, and Doja Cat but otherwise undecided and open to suggestions all around!

Honestly Bebe Rexha sounded soooo good. Everyone was dancing and you could feel the energy.

I love Anyma, Mahmut Organ’s set as well.

Sabrina was really boring. I didn’t understand a word Doja Cat was singing but performance was good.

ChicaSkas

@Franch Toast @beli8 were you praying like I was that Gwen would come out and do Saw Red with Bradley's son...?!?! I was praying so hard haha

also every frame of this video :giveup:

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk
  • YAAAS 1

beli8
9 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

@Franch Toast @beli8 were you praying like I was that Gwen would come out and do Saw Red with Bradley's son...?!?! I was praying so hard haha

Absolutely!!! 

Maybe next weekend? Jacob was asked about it on a radio show recently. He said they have it all rehearsed up, that he would love to do it if Gwen is up for it, and that he might say hi to her [I guess he meant durkng weekend 1] and ask if she wants to do it for week 2. Fingers crossed!!

• Love 2

ChicaSkas
9 hours ago, Moose said:

Does anyone have a link for the Doja performance? :enigma:

• Love 1

Ladle Ghoulash

If you need me, I’ll be here 

Edited by Ladle Ghoulash
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2

Franch Toast
23 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

We were definitely either hoping for "Saw Red" during Sublime's set, or for Jakob to join ND for "Total Hate." Maybe next weekend like @beli8mentioned!

It does seem that Coachella guests are somewhat out of left field to add to the surprise factor. For example, people anticipated Lana would bring out Taylor or The Weeknd since they have songs together, but she brought out Billie. I thought Renée Rapp would invite Megan Thee Stallion to sing "Not My Fault," but instead she brought out Ke$ha to perform a duet of "Tik Tok" (in which they subverted the opening line to go "Wake up in the morning saying f**k P-Diddy"), and the L-Word cast introduced her set in person. 

Olivia wasn't completely out of left field as she is a well-known fan of No Doubt, especially Return of Saturn, but I don't think most people expected it. I wonder who No Doubt will bring out next weekend. 

She/Her/Hers
  • Love 2

ChicaSkas

Taylor was there. I'm surprised she didnt get on stage with Lana but honestly the place would have gone coo coo. 

• LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

ChicaSkas

@beli8 pls check dms <3