💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What’s with all the Gaga Joker hate?

Nycboy

Featured Posts

Aussie

Seriously where do you see the negatives for Gaga? I swear I rarely come across negatives for her

• Thanks 1

GipJo
6 minutes ago, SlowLoris said:

Idk I personally think it's cheesy af when people try to make superhero(villain?) stories into gritty serious movies.  Like c'mon, the joker fights a rich guy who dresses up like a bat and drives around in a "batmobile".  It's already campy as sh1t, why try to force some kind of "deep" "dark" thing to it, when the premise is obviously ridiculous and cartoonish in the first place???

The premise is nothing like you described. You clearly didn't see the first film. There is no superpower, there is no batman, this is about society divided by class and how a mentally illed person became what he is because of the society he lives in.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

StarstruckIllusion

The reaction on Tiktok has been super positive too… haters ONLY feel safe on Insta, in general. I dont think it’s something to worry about 

but also 

you know youre gonna love the movie and thats all that matters!

• Like 1

ALGAYDO
13 minutes ago, SlowLoris said:

Idk I personally think it's cheesy af when people try to make superhero(villain?) stories into gritty serious movies.  Like c'mon, the joker fights a rich guy who dresses up like a bat and drives around in a "batmobile".  It's already campy as sh1t, why try to force some kind of "deep" "dark" thing to it, when the premise is obviously ridiculous and cartoonish in the first place???

You didn’t even bother watching the first one huh lol 

• Like 1

Defmix100
7 minutes ago, Aussie said:

Seriously where do you see the negatives for Gaga? I swear I rarely come across negatives for her

Not OP but I've been seeing them on facebook and youtube, comments on all different media publications/fan pages I follow and I'd say the comments are about 50-60% positive. Most of the negativity seems to be about it being a musical or having those elements when the first one didn't, so people seem to be kind of pinning that onto Gaga, maybe thinking either she's the one who has turned it into the musical direction, or if it wasn't going that way maybe someone else would have been cast. I haven't really seen anyone comparing her with Margot Robbie though which I actually expected to be a common thing.

olive specter

it feels like a lot of people are hating on Gaga because of the size of the whole dc/joker fandom, in which they are a minority

hundreds of hate comments from a fandom with millions of people is excepted

• Like 1

Reality
2 hours ago, Mitchey said:

Instagram always has toxic comments. I’ve seen overwhelming support for her on YouTube.

Yeah, Twitter gets a bad rap for toxicity, but from my experience, Instagram is just as bad, if not worse. I don't take anything anyone says on there seriously.

🃏🖤👹

Reality
37 minutes ago, SlowLoris said:

The first movie was nothing like a traditional comic book movie, but it worked. 

I'd argue that turning a character who's so obviously campy and theatrical into something serious and dark is more interesting. The brilliance of the first movie is that it grounded the Joker and made him a sympathetic character. It was even more surprising because this version of the Joker didn't rely on Batman—which I think most people would argue is an essential part of his character. Being able to turn an iconic villain into someone relatable and nuanced is more enticing imo. Like yeah, the campiness and theatrics of it all are fun (and don't get me wrong, I love camp and theatrics), but at the end of the day, people like characters because there's something intrinsically relatable about them. 

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 1

Ladle Ghoulash
46 minutes ago, SlowLoris said:

I mean…that’s not even what the first Joker movie is about lmao 

Ladle Ghoulash

Most of the negative comments I’ve seen have been on articles about the movie and not on the trailer itself (ie people who probably didn’t watch the trailer) 

Mirrion Rizzons

I think Gaga isn't usually on their radar and so they think its random.

I've seen lots of comments of people who don't know about her previous acting roles and experience so they're probably like "why is this singer trying to act?" sort of thing

• Like 1

SlowLoris
6 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

I mean…that’s not even what the first Joker movie is about lmao 

No, it's a gritty dark exploration of joker.  Corny af

LadyxGaGa

girl she is always going to have backlash that’s what makes her so pragmatic she is will always b a topic but for the people who matter esp for the fans if dc and joker they are all blown away about this and although still skeptical i’ve seen the trailer mostly win people over into actually giving the “musical” movie a chance 

Ladle Ghoulash
13 minutes ago, SlowLoris said:

No, it's a gritty dark exploration of joker.  Corny af

Really riveting analysis there. 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Obobo

Can we not make another false narrative? Knowing this toxic fan base, it can become a reality.

The trailer has objectively gone viral on social media with the majority (including critics) having a positive reception about it. The haters are a small minority which is normal for anything in the public eye. 

I would say that Gaga is being a bit overlooked but that is understandable since she’s just a pop star to most comic fans.

• Like 1