💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

New Nurtec Ad

edgy

Featured Posts

Lumiere

The next day another turn came and so it continued always the same, Haus Labs, Nurtec, Jazz and Piano, always the same.

• LMAO 12
  • YAAAS 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

MadArchitect

Pay as litle as 0$? but i thought she was endorsing evil medicine only rich people can afford!

MadArchitect
2 hours ago, MessyTop said:

Yes. The United States and New Zealand are the only countries where drug makers are allowed to market prescription drugs directly to consumers. The U.S. consumer drug advertising boom on television began in 1997, when the FDA relaxed its guidelines relating to broadcast media.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/medications/do-not-get-sold-on-drug-advertising#:~:text=How drug ads work,guidelines relating to broadcast media.

so for anyone outside the USA her endorsement seems off. I frankly don’t mind it. I’m just trying to explain the fandoms reaction. 

well, no,  in my country it's legal too, and we have a left goverment, so this is false that those are the "only" and "anyone" outside of usa will find it off

zerojk

The way we wouldn't be mad about this if we had at least an annoucement of new music coming

ElectricChapelR
1 hour ago, Lumiere said:

The next day another turn came and so it continued always the same, Haus Labs, Nurtec, Jazz and Piano, always the same.

That was a good one :ladyhaha:

• LMAO 1

River
6 hours ago, MessyTop said:

You need to understand , marketing drugs/medicine is only legal in the United States. No other country in the world markets drugs. So for other folk it seems so out of line and not right. We Americans are so used to drug Commercials we don’t think twice about it. 

False, in Europe it's pretty common, even with celebrities, just open the Italian, french, swiss tv, drugs everywhere.

I think the real problem in many countries is that doctors are affiliated with certain pharma companies and forcing you to buy their drugs instead of the generic brands, so you pay extra money on a branded drug and the doctors gets a money from these companies, it's a win win for the pharma companies and the doctor but u lose a lot.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

lordgagx
4 hours ago, MessyTop said:

Yes. The United States and New Zealand are the only countries where drug makers are allowed to market prescription drugs directly to consumers. The U.S. consumer drug advertising boom on television began in 1997, when the FDA relaxed its guidelines relating to broadcast media.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/medications/do-not-get-sold-on-drug-advertising#:~:text=How drug ads work,guidelines relating to broadcast media.

so for anyone outside the USA her endorsement seems off. I frankly don’t mind it. I’m just trying to explain the fandoms reaction. 

As far as I remember, I used to see a LOT of drug ads on French television, like a lot!
I don't think it's only limited to the USA and NZ.

Brizel

Prescription drugs are a lifesaver . Get over it. But .. give us more music Gaga. 

• Like 1

Conservative Mom

oops my information is not correct.  edited

Edited by Conservative Mom
Suburban Dweller, Property Owner, Petrol Consumer and Range Shooting Enjoyer

Gorehound

welp..she looks good at least.

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta

MadArchitect
9 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

Yes-  I have heard of the hiv and the autism community before, but I have not heard of the migraine community and that’s the whole issue here lol. I will apologize for a third time… sorry 😬

Admittedly I have only ever had 2 migraines in my life and I don’t have a neurological disorder or underlying condition causing them like other ppl who experience them chronically. So for me what was just 2 bad days in my life, to others is a piece of their identity. And that’s why I interpreted “migraine community” as a manipulative language choice instead of just referencing something that exists. The fact that I and several other ppl were mass quoted and called out for being insensitive demonstrates how I guess many people are unaware “the migraine community” is a thing 

etijer f*cking way, I’m sorry but I’m going to continue to laugh at this sh*t every time she posts a pharmaceutical ad. It’s embarrassing asf. Members of the migraine community can speak with their neurologists about their medication options they don’t need a celebrity selling them one 

how is it to aknowledge a community in any way manipulative? this is not her coveniently talking this way for this ad alone, this is what she seeks and her way of speaking for everything, when it comes to making art or business ventures and her business model, even just casually to connect to people, she always talks about community and how she tries to constribute to it, here in this ad she's photographing the other nurtec patients, who's to say she hasn't talked to them, hang out, connect over their problems with migraine and build community with them, maybe because of that they're in the ad, it wouldn't surprise me as that it's often how people talk about her, as very approachable and fond of people she meets.

Its just sad to see how her own fans are unable to even give her the benefit of the doubt or think she's maybe just being genuine with this? why just instantly thinking she's being disengenuous and untruthful without having any real indication? yes she's being paid, that doesn't mean she's only doing it for the money or money is her priority, Yes people dont need celebrities selling them medications or any product, but Gaga just happens to be a celebrity too, here she is an actual patient just like the rest of people who appeared in the ad with her, you're also mad at her specifically just for being the celebrity and thats it.

• Thanks 3

Sneaky Oliver

1. I don’t think it’s that big of an issue as many of you guys make it out to be 

Gaga has spoken out about her struggles with chronic pain many times before so it makes sense for her to be on the campaign since many people probably associate her image of a strong person who goes through a lot of pain 

yet 2. I don’t understand why she has to treat it like a super a super cool innovative artistic project of hers, I mean just show up for the campaign, speak in behalf of Nurtec interview-style and call it a day. I mean did she/her team really think it’s a good idea to post a migraine medicine ad on LADY Gaga’s instagram feed?

Edited by Sneaky Oliver
I’m on my Legacy Act era
  • Like 4

holy scheisse
1 hour ago, MadArchitect said:

how is it to aknowledge a community in any way manipulative? this is not her coveniently talking this way for this ad alone, this is what she seeks and her way of speaking for everything, when it comes to making art or business ventures and her business model, even just casually to connect to people, she always talks about community and how she tries to constribute to it, here in this ad she's photographing the other nurtec patients, who's to say she hasn't talked to them, hang out, connect over their problems with migraine and build community with them, maybe because of that they're in the ad, it wouldn't surprise me as that it's often how people talk about her, as very approachable and fond of people she meets.

Its just sad to see how her own fans are unable to even give her the benefit of the doubt or think she's maybe just being genuine with this? why just instantly thinking she's being disengenuous and untruthful without having any real indication? yes she's being paid, that doesn't mean she's only doing it for the money or money is her priority, Yes people dont need celebrities selling them medications or any product, but Gaga just happens to be a celebrity too, here she is an actual patient just like the rest of people who appeared in the ad with her, you're also mad at her specifically just for being the celebrity and thats it.

I view all advertisements as manipulative bc advertisements are inherently manipulative. The point is to try and get you to go out and buy or do something. 

As someone who studied marketing and advertising all I can see is calculated efforts to establish rhetoric and persuasion. “Community” makes the listener feel like “omg me and lady Gaga are connected! She knows what I’m going through… I should do what she says”. celebrity endorsements are a classic marketing strategy.  do not get it twisted the goal behind all of this is to make money it’s not to cure the world of migraines. sure thats a secondary goal but in America, medicine is business. So yeah I am mad at her for being a celebrity pushing pills

The only reason we got this “film” is bc she saw the backlash from lazily using her tour footage in the last ad lmfao you’ve got to be kidding me about her genuinely being friends with these people 

Edited by holy scheisse
  • Like 6

Teletubby
21 hours ago, Bonkers said:

The average retail price is Nurtec is $1,349 for 8 tablets

teletubbies-fall.gif

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • LMAO 1

HelloHangoverz

It's called Vydura in the UK - not even available on the NHS as they refuse to pay the ridiculous Pfizer patent price. Can get it via online pharmacies and they're asking £43.99 for TWO TABLETS. I want the Pfizer CEO dragged in the streets

don't be fooled by the rocks that I got, I'm just HelloHangoverz from the block