💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Joy Behar says Dolly Parton's 'Jolene' is 'anti-feminist,' prefers Beyoncé

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Joy Behar has labeled music legend Dolly Parton's hit "Jolene" as anti-feminist following the release of Beyoncé's 2024 reinterpretation of the 1973 classic.

"I like the subject of Beyoncé taking over the lyrics," the 81-year-old told her View producer Brian Teta on Wednesday's episode of the Behind the Table podcast.
"Because the original thing with Dolly Parton is so, like, anti-feminist, worrying about some good-looking woman taking your man. If it's so easy to take your man, then take him."

She went on the praise Beyoncé's Cowboy Carter iteration of "Jolene," which shifts the narrative of Parton's version. Instead of pleading with a potential mistress not to take her man, Beyoncé's take on the tune lands more as a warning than an emotional plea. "You don't want this smoke, so shoot your shot with someone else. You heard me," Beyoncé sings on the track.

"Beyoncé says, if you take my man, you're going to be in a lot of trouble. I say, go ahead, take my man. Take him," Behar observed. source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • LMAO 18

TwistedTeeth

Oh, she's from The View so we don't have to take it seriously. :triggered: Literally did not recognize Joy Behar until I searched her up.

Ranked FFXIV's Worst Player with the Best Pecs!
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 2

Elohim

I am extremely tired from all this woke talking :saladga: why can’t a classic song be a classic and people will leave it alone with their stupid opinions. We are talking about an old song, obviously it’s gonna have different morals in it, in this case no one’s getting hurt.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

Head Empty

britney-britney-spears.gif

It being feminist or anti-feminist is a non-issue. The beauty of a song like the original Jolene is just how vulnerable and raw it is. It's not meant to be social commentary, it's meant to be earnest.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 16

Bronco

I mean this is a total bs reading - neither are feminist anthems, but only one is actually attacking the other woman lol 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

lasagna

joy behars unbearable so im not surprised with this stupid take

why do we have to bash the original just to praise beyonce theyre both amazing versions

human turd
  • Like 4

Helxig

kingsley shut up GIF

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 2

Chromatography

huh? beyonces version is catty and trashed jolene how is that feminist 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

King of the Fall

Tired Britney Spears GIF

We define our moral ground, but when I crawl into your arms, everything comes tumbling down

Guillaume Hamon

How about we let women say how they feel without telling them if it was feminist enough?

A song isn't a pastor preach, it's just a reflection of your feelings, right or wrong. Art will not be free if they have to mind lyrics like politicians with their campaign speeches.

Edited by Guillaume Hamon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

misha4ever
1 hour ago, Elohim said:

I am extremely tired from all this woke talking :saladga: why can’t a classic song be a classic and people will leave it alone with their stupid opinions. We are talking about an old song, obviously it’s gonna have different morals in it, in this case no one’s getting hurt.

is not even woke, feminism isn't a modern take either and she's wrong about Beyonce's new lyrics too.

english is not my native language >.<

weed

Lol @ her comments as well as the GGD reaction

bionic

Given Joy's first husband left her for his side piece, this is not a surprise

buy bionic
  • LMAO 2

JessFletch

So-What-Who-Cares.gif

The ladies on The View are often like us ladies.

They always need to talk, and they usually sound self-important.

edit- call me Joy lol

Edited by JessFletch
🌓⚖️🌗
  • LMAO 1

• SharkmanthaC locked this topic