💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Rumor: Joker is PG-13

EGOT2027

Featured Posts

EGOT2027

the first movie was rated R and is famously known as the first R rated movie to make a billion dollars. there are now rumors on twitter that the just released poster has 14+ on it in some countries, suggesting the movie could be rated PG-13 in the U.S. 

this would be HUGE for the box office numbers, as millions of more people would be able to buy a ticket and be #seated for our queen

https://x.com/jokerfolienews/status/1775222534419411289?s=46

EDIT: we can close this thread. we now have confirmation that the film is R

Edited by EGOT2027
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Shook 7
  • Sad 11

Edonis

It's important to note that age ratings in film and tv are not universal across countries. It's perfectly reasonable for a film rated R in the US to be rated 14+ in another country depending on the film's content. 

• Like 12
  • Shook 1

Reality

I saw them post this, but I don't know what to make of it. It says that it's according to Warner Bros. Italy. Do rating systems work differently there? I'm usually not a stickler for ratings because as long as the movie is good, I think the age rating is kind of irrelevant, but I hope that it's still rated R. I want the movie to keep the same tone and style as the first one. 

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

weed

Devastating to even imagine

• Like 2

Schizophonic
5 minutes ago, Reality said:

I saw them post this, but I don't know what to make of it. It says that it's according to Warner Bros. Italy. Do rating systems work differently there? I'm usually not a stickler for ratings because as long as the movie is good, I think the age rating is kind of irrelevant, but I hope that it's still rated R. I want the movie to keep the same tone and style as the first one. 

The age rating is relevant to the millions of underage kids who can or not can go to the cinema… and so it’s relevant to the box office as there might or might not watch millions more.

• Thanks 1

Noah X

But I need her to do this

• LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

Modern Ecstasy2

Based on the first Joker, it's very hard for me to imagine this being true

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

lilboyblue

Probably way too early for this to have a rating, no?

Scri
28 minutes ago, Reality said:

Warner Bros. Italy

Yes, as you can see on the official Twitter page, the cover has in the lower-left corner a "14+". MiC means "Ministry of Culture" in Italian. But, as far as I know, Italian is waaaay less severe. Oppnheimer in Italy was 6+, while in US was 17+; the first movie of Joker in Italy was also 14+ (source: https://cinema.cultura.gov.it/database-nuova-classificazione/).

GKLF0mKWwAEA4U4?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Scri
  • Like 7

Obobo

based on that leaked synopsis and that redditor whose supposed husband was an extra. we are not ready

• Shook 2

lilboyblue
1 minute ago, Scri said:

Yes, as you can see on the official Twitter page, the cover has in the lower-left corner a "14-".

GKLF0mKWwAEA4U4?format=jpg&name=large

Oh, interesting. Which means it has been screened by the local board already?

Reality
3 minutes ago, Schizophonic said:

The age rating is relevant to the millions of underage kids who can or not can go to the cinema… and so it’s relevant to the box office as there might or might not watch millions more.

The first Joker made $1 billion and it was rated R.

🃏🖤👹

Bronco

Important to remember that every country's film board has different conceptions of what goes into what bracket when trying to visualise how it affects the film. 

Scri
6 minutes ago, lilboyblue said:

Oh, interesting. Which means it has been screened by the local board already?

I'd guess so. Maybe it's a tag applied because of a list offered to Italian office by the production of the movie, but I don't really know how it works. What's sure is that the movie is not yet on the rating website.

3 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Important to remember that every country's film board has different conceptions of what goes into what bracket when trying to visualise how it affects the film. 

Exactly, as I wrote before, in Italy the first movie was also 14+ and a movie like Oppenheimer (in US 17+), in Italy was 6+ LoL.

Edited by Scri
  • Thanks 1

• artdoll locked this topic