mamo

Featured Posts

TimotheeChalamet
3 hours ago, RAMROD said:

LG7 is the soundtrack, Y/N? :oprah:

No

• Like 1

Freud

To be fair i prefer the fanmade Posters much more, but I'm excited for the trailer non the less

Panchecco

Love the pose and picture, wish they went softer with the editing, compared to the first Joker teaser it's a bit more plastic-y but still very good composition. I have this theory that Gaga's Harley dies in this movie and I feel this poster could also hint at that in a very subtle way... but let's see.

I am very excited for this movie. It is actually crazy seeing her in such a big movie alongside such a big name like Joaquin. This will be a huge moment for her can't wait to witness it  :traumatica:

Killa

Ahah I low-key thought that poster was just some twitter ai thing. Only a week for this site to be obliterated. Yeway yonce better move cause next week will be clown week

Gorehound

I’m so excited for the movie, but I really hate this recent trend of making movie posters look like cheap 3D generated art, rather than using real photography and classic photographic techniques. Joker and Harley look very artificial and AI. There’s no real depth of field, everything is in full resolution and the hair and fabric just look plastic-like. Lodes of movie posters have been like this for a while now, looking more like PS5 game posters rather than live movie posters.

I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

mamo
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gorehound said:

I’m so excited for the movie, but I really hate this recent trend of making movie posters look like cheap 3D generated art, rather than using real photography and classic photographic techniques. Joker and Harley look very artificial and AI. There’s no real depth of field, everything is in full resolution and the hair and fabric just look plastic-like. Lodes of movie posters have been like this for a while now, looking more like PS5 game posters rather than live movie posters.

I totally 100% get you and I agree to an extent that it could have been executed better.

However this photo of Joker and Gaga seems like apart of a musical element in the film and as a lot of people have speculated, the musical elements seem to be apart of an induced psychosis between one of the main characters. So basing my thoughts on this aspect, I think they may purposely have chosen to go with a film poster that looks A.I generated and fake-looking as that definitely feeds into the deluded musical fantasy of the film. It makes perfect sense and it seems kinda genius whilst also humorous given the controversy surrounding A.I especially its relationship with Hollywood. 

This was my interpretation of it. Just food for thought! 

Edited by mamo
you can serve it to me ancient city style...
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Levine

Wow I didn't know this site was full of filmmakers. Good to know. 

• Like 2
  • LMAO 11
  • Thanks 3

Mars
23 minutes ago, mamo said:

I totally 100% get you and I agree to an extent that it could have been executed better.

However this photo of Joker and Gaga seems like apart of a musical element in the film and as a lot of people have speculated, the musical elements seem to be apart of an induced psychosis between one of the main characters. So basing my thoughts on this aspect, I think they may purposely have chosen to go with a film poster that looks A.I generated and fake-looking as that definitely feeds into the deluded musical fantasy of the film. It makes perfect sense and it seems kinda genius whilst also humorous given the controversy surrounding A.I especially its relationship with Hollywood. 

Don't forget this whole universe of movies originates as comics and cartoons. People are just so unhappy and picky with everything, its sad.

• Like 3

Gorehound
1 hour ago, mamo said:

That's a cool idea ngl but I do think it's a bit of a reach. Due to most blockbuster movie posters using the same art style as this, I think they are just following the current trends unfortunately.  

I'm fine, Ta

Gorehound
1 hour ago, Mars said:

Don't forget this whole universe of movies originates as comics and cartoons. People are just so unhappy and picky with everything, its sad.

True I am picky and often unhappy :messga:, but I'm a perfectionist and I appreciate quality. And I've seen many incredible, iconic movie posters that are stylish and diverse. So I can't help but be annoyed that a movie I'm very excited about and which I know will be as unique and artistic as the first Joker movie, just follows this current ugly visual trend.

Either way it's not that deep. As long as the movie slays I'll be happy.

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta

Gorehound
23 hours ago, lilboyblue said:

Mute them! Don't let them get to you. The comic book film fandom can be incredibly toxic, and some of them are already predisposed to hating on the film just because.

Why are they hating on this movie? Because Gaga's in it?

I'm fine, Ta

Massive Monster
2 hours ago, Levine said:

Wow I didn't know this site was full of filmmakers. Good to know. 

Didn't you know

It's full of graphic designers too

But most of all.. Academy Award Winners at every corner

Kind regards
  • LMAO 5
  • Thanks 1

Gagaplayer315

That trailer better be good or the comic book incels are going to tear her apart :franminervini:

waterfall

looks amazing lowkey

me finally going back to seeing a comic book movie after what feels like ages

• mamo changed the title to Joker 2 Poster + Trailer 9th April