Jump to content
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Republicans and conservatives praise Shakira


Teletubby
 Share

Featured Posts

Dennis

But she didn't say anything different than Gaga said about feminism lol? Gaga said a similar thing

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy

You have to understand that she grew up in a different culture.

Even in where I live, despite my mom’s high educational level, she tries to fit the gender role of a woman by staying home as a housewife and let my not so educated dad be the breadwinner and make decisions for the family.

And my parents do think more like a democrat of the USA. 

I would love to think that Hispanic families share similar collectivist values with Asian families and its about making sacrifices for a family to function. So I know where Shakira is coming from even though she misinterpreted the film.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ALGAYDO

She needs to shut her stupid mouth and pay her taxes lmao 

Link to post
Share on other sites

weed

She covered both bases in the interview sskdflgiubdfgl serving us feminist queen + men's rights activist 

 

  • LMAO 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

elijahfan

The small **** energy from those tweets is real.

Link to post
Share on other sites

TSUNAMI

Frauds and thieves are known to hold each other's ladders. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rat Boy
21 minutes ago, TSUNAMI said:

Frauds and thieves are known to hold each other's ladders. 

My favourite Taylor Swift lyrics :music:

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gagaism
8 hours ago, Easy said:

You have to understand that she grew up in a different culture.

Even in where I live, despite my mom’s high educational level, she tries to fit the gender role of a woman by staying home as a housewife and let my not so educated dad be the breadwinner and make decisions for the family.

And my parents do think more like a democrat of the USA. 

I would love to think that Hispanic families share similar collectivist values with Asian families and its about making sacrifices for a family to function. So I know where Shakira is coming from even though she misinterpreted the film.

I mean, I was born in a 50.000 ppl sized of a city and I understand what you mean BUT she’s one of the most popular global stars for 30 years now. I can guarantee to you that she have had experienced enough about how the world moves on all kinds of aspects and shes totally entitled and have the right to stick to her culture however you just have to plug your senses on and just READ THE ROOM.

She just made a STUNNING show at Times Square for 40.000 people where at least 60% of them are gays and it’s just sad to see the right wing praising her, it’s just doesn’t make sense at this point of her career.
 

Something like what she said at that interview is just unnecessary to say the least, especially for someone on that caliber. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

ARTPOP

Even though her interpretation of the movie is wrong, it does not mean she is anti-feminist. Trying to attack/cancel her for those views just because conservatives are supporting her is counterproductive. 

I would argue that Gaga and Katy Perry have caused worse damage by "coming together" messages for not cutting off their proud Trump-supporting father. No one came for them.

Edited by ARTPOP
COME ON GAYS!!
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gagaism
20 minutes ago, ARTPOP said:

Even though her interpretation of the movie is wrong, it does not mean she is anti-feminist. Trying to attack/cancel her for those views just because conservatives are supporting her is counterproductive. 

I would argue that Gaga and Katy Perry have caused worse damage by "coming together" messages for not cutting off their proud Trump-supporting father. No one came for them.

She will never be canceled. We ppl born is South America know very well how the religious/political culture thing works down there.
At least Gaga and Katy have voiced her opinions about what they stand for, independent of their parents involvement. With that fans have their choices to still stand with them or not.

I love Shakira, I went to Times Square at 3pm to get a nice spot to see her but it’s just a disappointment to see stuff like that coming from her in such a hard times for such subjects in our society, especially because she’s never been that active speaking about politics or anything like that. 

Edited by Gagaism
Link to post
Share on other sites

HEARTSTOP

So she's raising them to be like their father and cheat on their future wives that will give up their careers for their husbands.

IDGAF
Link to post
Share on other sites

TSUNAMI
4 hours ago, Rat Boy said:

My favourite Taylor Swift lyrics :music:

Is it really? :awkney:

I don't listen to TS so I dunno

  • LMAO 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rat Boy
6 hours ago, TSUNAMI said:

Is it really? :awkney:

I don't listen to TS so I dunno

No I was just kidding - they sound like her lyrics :p

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB
  • LMAO 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dayman
9 hours ago, ARTPOP said:

Even though her interpretation of the movie is wrong, it does not mean she is anti-feminist. Trying to attack/cancel her for those views just because conservatives are supporting her is counterproductive. 

I would argue that Gaga and Katy Perry have caused worse damage by "coming together" messages for not cutting off their proud Trump-supporting father. No one came for them.

See I wouldn’t even say her interpretation is inherently wrong. The Barbie movie tried to do too many things at once and as such kinda lost clarity on some of its messages. It’s not unbelievable to me that young boys seeing it would feel like the message was “men are terrible clowns and are always wrong”. As an adult you’re able to navigate the themes as they come and pick up on them and ignore the areas that they conflict in. But a kid totally may just see it all and feel like it was almost hurtful. I LOVE the movie dearly - but it has a lot of problems and shortcomings in communicating a consistent social message - which is bad because it made it clear it was *trying* to give one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just A Holy Fool

Her hips don’t lie, but her mouth sure does. What kid is going to say “wow I felt so emasculated by Barbie”.

Shouldn’t she be in jail by now? Oh wait, I forgot, homophobic misogynists tend to avoid prison. #Trump

Edited by Just A Holy Fool
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...