Die With A Smile Spotify Banner
movie

Horror Movies 2024 - Mega Thread

Flippy

Featured Posts

GUY27

I saw Blink Twice last night and highly recommend it…not sure if it’s really horror but I think it’s being marketed that way.

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

GUY27
6 hours ago, Real Panda said:

MV5BMzJiN2UyZjgtMjQ3MS00MDhhLTg5ZDItZmVj

Let me just talk about Trap for a minute. So Trap is a major blockbuster movie from Warner Bros. It is categorized under "Horror/Mystery" and described as a "Psychological Thriller" by IMDB, none of which are true in my opinion. M. Night Shyamalan does it again! Another horrible movie like The Last Airbender.

Josh Hartnett stars as a dad who takes his daughter to a "Lady Raven" concert, the name reminds you of Lady Gaga, but the songs she sang sounded like Taylor Swift, and she looked like Olivia Rodrigo. However the whole concert is a "trap" hence the title.

Hartnett could only do so much to lift this movie up from the plot/script which I admit has some good stuff but it quickly derails. Hartnett is also supported by actors who need to take acting lessons. Not even appearing shirtless in a scene, could save this movie.

By the end it tries to do so much to redeem itself and make it something better but ends up being worse. Its like when you accidentally squeeze a plastic bottle of ketchup but instead of dabbing with a paper towel to absorb the mess, you wipe it all over the table, Trap is like that.

My 2024 Horror Ranking:

1. Oddity

2. Longlegs

3. Maxxxine

4. Late Night With The Devil

5. Abigail

6. The Watchers

7. Baghead

8. Imaginary

9. Tarot

10. Trap

11. Lisa Frankenstein

12. The Strangers - Chapter 1

It was decent until the 5 different endings lol

• Thanks 2

Real Panda
10 minutes ago, GUY27 said:

Exactly, they were doing too much at the end to set it apart from other suspense/thriller movies. It was a risk that I appreciate, it just didnt pay off.

Edited by Real Panda
  • Thanks 1

Real Panda
30 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

The Deliverance movie on Netflix….

Someone give Glenn Close an Oscar :lmao:

I saw the trailer, was it any good? Youre saying give her an oscar but theres a laughing emoji. 😅 I am hesitant to see it after seeing the trailer.

• Like 1

Flippy

Ok, I finally updated the OP with a bunch of upcoming films (Netflix, Shudder, Theaters, Limited Theater Run)

Here's a list of the updated ones (I decided to add Beetlejuice Beetlejuice because... Why not lol)

Spoiler

I updated a bunch of trailers for the past few months (July, August!) but here's the ones I updated in the OP. There's a few that have no trailer yet, but we do know if they're coming on a certain month or the exact date.

V/H/S/Beyond

Apartment 7A

The Demon Disorder

Red Rooms

Believer

Last Straw

The Substance

Azrael

Bagman

Sleep

House of Spoils

Frankie Freako

The Platform 2

Things Will Be Different

Die Alone

Y2K

Meanwhile On Earth

Let me know if I've missed any so far :excited:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Flippy
14 hours ago, GUY27 said:

I saw Blink Twice last night and highly recommend it…not sure if it’s really horror but I think it’s being marketed that way.

I actually really enjoyed this film! It's more of a thriller I suppose but I really loved it and would consider it horror. I'm taking my best friend to watch it this week! (Second time for me!)

Channing really made me feel so uneasy :bradley:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • Like 1

Levine
15 hours ago, GUY27 said:

Yes lmaoooo But I enjoyed it. And Josh Hartnett is so fine

• Like 1

franminervini

I watched Longlegs and that new horror movie on Netflix. They were alright but nothing crazy! 

I really want to watch Oddity but it's not playing in the UK!

Have you checked the Charts Thread today?!
  • Love 2

Real Panda

MV5BODE1YzkzNWQtNDk0MC00MjdhLWE3YTEtMGQy

Let me talk about The Beast Within for a minute. I will try to be as positive as I can. First, the movie has 4 people in the cast and I had to google their names. Congratulations for the great acting Ashleigh Cummings, James Cosmo and child actor Caoilinn Springall. Yeah, I think thats about all the positive I can say about this film. Lifetime movies have a higher budget than this.

This movie is about a werewolf or is it? Who knows, I dont care anymore. Its boring, the cinematography nor the setting is not good either. In 2024, so many movies have been done and redone it makes me ask, who is this for? Kit Harington, sorry to say but the supporting cast carried you. 

Let me list down some good werewolf movies and shows on the top of my head, some are even cheesy but still entertaining: 

The Underworld Franchise

Werewolf by Night

Cursed starring Cristina Ricci

Teen Wolf (Movie and Series)

Late Phases

The Vampire Diaries

True Blood

An American Werewolf in London

Werewolves Within

Penny Dreadful

Ginger Snaps

The Order

And so many more that are far better werewolf movies and shows. The Beast Within was terrible and I was so bored. And that ending was trying so hard to be a social commentary. Stay away from this movie. The Beast Within is a movie everyone should live without.

Edited by Real Panda
  • Love 1

Real Panda

My 2024 Horror Ranking:

1. Oddity

2. Longlegs

3. Maxxxine

4. Late Night With The Devil

5. Abigail

6. The Watchers

7. Baghead

8. Imaginary

9. Tarot

10. Trap

11. Lisa Frankenstein

12. The Strangers - Chapter 1

13. The Beast Within

• Shook 1

GUY27
11 hours ago, franminervini said:

I watched Longlegs and that new horror movie on Netflix. They were alright but nothing crazy! 

I really want to watch Oddity but it's not playing in the UK!

I just rewatched Longlegs last night and I enjoyed so much more. I thought Oddity was alright, not worth watching again at least for me.

• Like 2

djBuffoon
On 8/26/2024 at 6:50 PM, Jase said:

OH MY ****ING GOD THAT WAS A MASTERPIECE

Horror film of 2024 and it's not even close. Let me process what I just witnessed. THAT TENT SCENE. 

Agreed. No gore, nothing gratuitous, just a simple story executed brilliantly. 

• Like 2

Flippy
On 9/1/2024 at 12:13 PM, Real Panda said:

I saw the trailer, was it any good? Youre saying give her an oscar but theres a laughing emoji. 😅 I am hesitant to see it after seeing the trailer.

I just watched it actually! I did enjoy it for the most part. Glenn Close was fun! The rest of the actors were good too I think. Just your usual possession story I’d say :billie:

• Like 1

Flippy
3 hours ago, GUY27 said:

Did anyone see Cuckoo?? I thought it was pretty solid and an original concept.

I did! I… wasn’t a fan tbh :sweat: Not sure, the movie just didn’t really click with me tbh 

• Shook 1