đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

movie

Horror Movies 2024 - Mega Thread

Flippy

Featured Posts

Flippy
On 7/7/2024 at 3:39 AM, Fantina said:

OK just finished watching 2 more horror movies that came out this year.

Abigail was surprisingly really fun to watch. The actors were fun, and the pacing was just right. I was never bored and kept wanting to see what came next. 

The Watchers was also a delight, definitely one of my favorite horror movies that came out this year. Although the setting and the story aren't completely new, they were told in a way that made them fresh and intriguing. It was shot beautifully, and I really fell in love with the Irish landscape.

Definitely recommend both of these films !!!  

Thank you for sharing!!! I actually really enjoyed both of those movies so far! Have you watched Longlegs yet? If so, what did you think? 

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Flippy

Also, here’s the final trailer for Alien: Romulus 

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • Love 1

Flippy

TERRIFIER 3 is set for October 11th! :excited: Here’s the teaser trailer! 

• YAAAS 2

Fantina
On 7/18/2024 at 8:00 PM, Flippy said:

Thank you for sharing!!! I actually really enjoyed both of those movies so far! Have you watched Longlegs yet? If so, what did you think? 

I have plans to see both Longlegs and MAXXXine soon. Will update yall on how it goes and if I enjoyed both films :heart::staymad:

Until then, this is Elvira saying unpleasant dreams.

HausOfHarlow

This wasn't on the list that OP provided but I just watched a movie in the movie theatre titled Oddity. It was sooo good and by the far the creepiest and most unsettling film I've seen in 2024. I don't think it's making any waves sadly. I only was aware of it as I was looking through new releases on the AMC Theaters app and the description sounded interesting. It's produced by Shudder Films and distributed by IFC. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26470109/

• Love 1
  • Shook 1

Flippy
2 hours ago, HausOfHarlow said:

This wasn't on the list that OP provided but I just watched a movie in the movie theatre titled Oddity. It was sooo good and by the far the creepiest and most unsettling film I've seen in 2024. I don't think it's making any waves sadly. I only was aware of it as I was looking through new releases on the AMC Theaters app and the description sounded interesting. It's produced by Shudder Films and distributed by IFC. 

Ahh! I hadn’t heard of it! :shocked: Thanks for bringing it up! I’m intrigued for sure :kara:

TheBadRomancer
On 7/27/2024 at 7:01 AM, HausOfHarlow said:

UGH i'm trying to see it but deadpool is taking up all the theaters so the only showings are at like 10AM and 10PM, but it's good to hear it was good! 

HausOfHarlow
20 hours ago, TheBadRomancer said:

UGH i'm trying to see it but deadpool is taking up all the theaters so the only showings are at like 10AM and 10PM, but it's good to hear it was good! 

That's exactly how my theatre is. I saw it at 10:45am and it, alongside a 10:30 Deadpool was the earliest movie of the day. 

Fantina

Just saw Longlegs, and I have to say, it definitely surprised me in a good way. If this is the direction horror movies will be heading in the future, I am all for it. The camerawork made for some creepy but gorgeous shots. The acting was really good too. Nicolas Cage killed it. I honestly think that I should watch it again. Might have missed some cool moments, especially in the beginning. 

For those who have seen the movie: 

Spoiler

I didn't fall for the "scariest movie of all time" advertising, and I went into this waiting to be disappointed. The first scene definitely caught me off guard by how good it was. I didn't expect the movie to play with different camera shots.

Also the way they opened the movie with the credits playing made me feel like we were watching the movie from the end and not the beginning.

Nicolas Cage killed it as Longlegs. The prosthetics reminded me of Amelia in Amelia's children. There are definitely some things I missed in the movie. Definitely feel like this movie deserves several rewatches in order to fully understand what's going on. 

ALSO I CAN FINALLY UNDERSTAND THE MEMES FROM TWITTER!!

Until then, this is Elvira saying unpleasant dreams.
  • YAAAS 1

HotLikeMexico

Just saw Longlegs and Maxxxine. Maxxxine was good but Pearl and X and just so much better 

Longlegs was ****ing terrifying. 

so far the best movies this year have Been Longlegs, The First Omen, Late Night with the Devil. 

• YAAAS 1

BradleyCooper

Thank you for this thread! I’ve been trying to find new horror movies to catch up on and look forward to

• Love 1

Plastic Flower

I don't get the love for The First Omen. It's average imo.

Drop it
  • Shook 1

Flippy

So glad you all are enjoying Longlegs! I watched it for the 3rd time yesterday! 

Today I just watched Trap! It was pretty good, though I felt like it dragged a little bit but overall, enjoyable! :firega:

• Love 1

Gagaism

Just watched Tarot now that is on Netflix. The only things I liked were how accurate they got SOME info about astrology and horoscope, plus the major lessons about the intentions and how they should take in consideration when somebody decides to manipulate spiritual energy. For those who won’t believe those things it won’t be any serious but for those who believe really makes you realize that energy is not something to play with just for fun. 

And also, Adain Bradley :lolly:

• Love 1