💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How important is Joker 2: FAD for Gaga's career?

Yaaaas Gaga

Featured Posts

Yaaaas Gaga

Exactly as the title says, how important do you think Joker 2 is for the next stage in Gaga's career?

Do you think it could catapult her into the very forefront of the celebrity limelight again or do you think it will only have a short-term impact?

I think if she nails the part and her chemistry with Joaquin Phoenix is solid, and if the film is GOOD, she could really benefit from this. An album release and subsequent tour would also be a very smart move and could see her introduced to a whole new generation of fans that perhaps haven't experienced all that much of Gaga due to how quiet she's been for a number of years.

What are your thoughts?

• Like 5

bionic

I think it'll be a good solidifying moment for Gaga's legacy (if goes well) but I don't think it'll bring anything or anyone new to the table like A Star is Born did.

If it flops (unlikely) I don't think it would do any damage either.

buy bionic
  • Like 14
  • Love 3

Robo Ga

It’s extremely important at this point since she’s been very absent in the mainstream of music and film for years. She is not on the GPs radar at all right now so this will seem like a “comeback” of sorts to them (as will any new music.) I think this year will be a critical year for her legacy and will begin to refine where she stands in pop culture in the 2020s decade. 

🤖⚡️
  • Like 13
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

LastNight

If she’s able to hold her own opposite Joaquin in this then it will be huge for her. 

Edited by LastNight
  • Like 2

River

Gaga has nothing to prove anymore, but still, she will prove everyone that she's the best legend alive right, she's playing her own game and wins it every single time.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 7
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 2

Reality

I think it’s gonna be her most important acting role to date. The movie’s a big swing—very high risk, high reward—so if it’s well received, I think it could really boost her acting career. I also think in a time where comic book movies have kinda lost their edge, doing something different and unique is necessary, which Joker 2 definitely is.

That said, I do think the social media conversation surrounding the film is more than likely going to be insufferable. The movie’s fighting an uphill battle: people questioning why a sequel was needed in the first place, why’d they cast a pop star like Lady Gaga, why’d they make it a musical, etc., etc. Even if the film is exceptional, I think you’re gonna have a subsection of people who will hate on it no matter what. 

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

GAGASEXUAL

This is HUGE. People here in Türkiye say that Gaga is not relevant anymore since 2011. This movie will prove that Gaga is a living legend to the general public especially in other countries. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Yaaaas Gaga
1 minute ago, Robo Ga said:

It’s extremely important at this point since she’s been very absent in the mainstream of music and film for years. She is not on the GPs radar at all right now so this will seem like a “comeback” of sorts to them (as will any new music.) I think this year will be a critical year for her legacy and will begin to refine where she stands in pop culture in the 2020s decade. 

Very well said. Though Gaga has of course already left herself a legacy, I do fear that if she doesn't act soon and continues to hide in the shadows, the extent of her legacy will be severely impacted. Like there are whole new generations that really don't know all that much about Gaga, in comparison to the likes of Taylor Swift and Beyonce, and that frustrates me cause she deserves to be spoken about on a par with them IMO.

I really hope she has a significant revival over the next couple of years and as cheesy as it sounds, it would filll me with so much happiness. She's too damn talented and important for younger generations to not have the opportunity to experience what it's like to be a fan of hers and to experience what Gaga is like at her absolute artistic and creative best.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

Starmie25

I do think some fans over analyse WAY too much about her legacy and career just because of an under-performance era (aka ARTPOP) and that she "hasnt proved herself yet" like seriously?whatever, but that aside this is a massive DC franchise which will capture a lot of viewers, even more than the ASIB audience.

Lee role will also be extremely gritty and dark and probably her most complex acting to date. I think fans still aren't ready for what they'll witness with the sequel

There's also the shadow of Margot Robbie's Harley from SS and unfortunately people love to pit the female stars against one another.

Back to music -  rumours of her having new music and a movie out the same year are slowly coming to fruition, so definitely could be a grand year for Gaga if all the ducks line up

Fortnite x TCB film too. :poot:

Edited by Starmie25
  • Like 1

Starmie25
31 minutes ago, Yaaaas Gaga said:

do fear that if she doesn't act soon and continues to hide in the shadows, the extent of her legacy will be severely impacted. Like there are whole new generations that really don't know all that much about Gaga,

Slightly off topic, but i feel this newer generation appreciate Gaga more tbh. 

Her music going viral on tiktok last few years also played a part in that for sure and I noticed they liked her addition to Fortnite more than some of her actual current stans.

Edited by Starmie25
  • Love 1

Pennywise
25 minutes ago, GAGASEXUAL said:

People here in Türkiye say that Gaga is not relevant anymore since 2011

Not you accidentally giving Azerbaijan :partysick:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • LMAO 11

Stephen

She's going to be immortalized forever in DC fandom. She will always be one of the legendary Harley Quinn actresses. Whenever a new actress takes on the role she will be asked her thoughts. If the movie is great, it could be a bigger cultural moment than ASIB. The first Joker crossed a billion at the box office. ASIB wasn't even half of that. This could end up being the most iconic role of her career.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

GAGASEXUAL
39 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Not you accidentally giving Azerbaijan :partysick:

:awkney:

Creyk

She was an A lister before this movie with hundreds of millions in her bank account, and she would be the same without this role. I'd say it's not important at all for her music and overall career, but it is important for her acting career and that seems to be the only facet of her professional life she still cares about at this point so yeah...probably important to her on a personal level.

Edited by Creyk

Fck I luv Art

If it gets a good critic, this will probably led Lady Gaga at the top of her career, if it flops and eventually get labeled as "another woke show" by Republicans it will probably be one of the worst moment of her career :S

Baguette, Croissant and LG7 !! 👽👹🖤