Joanne vs. Cowboy Carter (VOTE)

Noah X

Joanne vs. Cowboy Carter  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Joanne vs. Cowboy Carter

Featured Posts

NCgaga
17 hours ago, Chlorine Sevigny said:

They're not really comparable. CC is on another level. As Beyoncé's artistry has been since 4, and she just keeps getting better, evolving, and pushing herself. It's insane. 

Artistry? Does she write/compose her own songs or play any instruments?  Let’s not put Beyonce on this pedestal of “artistry” especially compared to Gaga. Gaga writes and composes a good portion of her own music and supplies a lot of the instrumentation on every record. Gaga is also a vocalist, like Beyonce.

What I respect about Beyonce is the same thing I respect about Madonna. The  executes each era with high quality. Her body, voice and look of each era are always top tier when executing/promoting new eras. She doesn’t half ass her albums either. She gets great writers to make she she can deliver. But that being said, other Pop girls like Gaga, Taylor, Adele, Her, Sza, etc are higher on the artistry scale because they aren’t just vocalists, but they are musicians, Gaga being the only one of that bunch that also does choreographed performances as well. 

And let’s also not forget that Gaga did this first. Gaga did a whole cowboy hat, fringe wearing era first. Just like Gaga did house music on Chromatica 2 years before Beyonce. Yet Beyonce gets the credit for both of these things. That’s not really artistry. 

Edited by NCgaga
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Noah X
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NCgaga said:

Artistry? Does she write/compose her own songs or play any instruments?  Let’s not put Beyonce on this pedestal of “artistry” especially compared to Gaga. Gaga writes and composes a good portion of her own music and supplies a lot of the instrumentation on every record. Gaga is also a vocalist, like Beyonce.

What I respect about Beyonce is the same thing I respect about Madonna. The  executes each era with high quality. Her body, voice and look of each era are always top tier when executing/promoting new eras. She doesn’t half ass her albums either. She gets great writers to make she she can deliver. But that being said, other Pop girls like Gaga, Taylor, Adele, Her, Sza, etc are higher on the artistry scale because they aren’t just vocalists, but they are musicians, Gaga being the only one of that bunch that also does choreographed performances as well. 

And let’s also not forget that Gaga did this first. Gaga did a whole cowboy hat, fringe wearing era first. Just like Gaga did house music on Chromatica 2 years before Beyonce. Yet Beyonce gets the credit for both of these things. That’s not really artistry. 

that's a good point. Beyonce is very manufactured and overproduced so of course, all of her stuff is going to be top-tier next level production. A lot of her songs are entirely written by someone else... She just shops and picks them up. Texas hold em was written by some white woman who was bragging about it

Gaga does everything herself and close friends so the quality might not be there all the time, and there's only so much she can do, but the heart is there

A good analogy would be: Gaga is the human of music while Beyonce is the terminator of music 

9770.gif

why did typing that make me like Joanne again :laughga:

edit: but then again the Renaissance film showed a lot of artistic integrity so maybe I dont know what I'm talking about :oprah:

Edited by Noah X
  • YAAAS 1

DrKindnessKunt1999

I chose Joanne because I’m more into pop music. I don’t see Joanne as a country album. I see it more as a pop album with different genre influences that happens to have a country-influenced aesthetic. 

The only songs that I could see fitting in country radio are Million Reasons, Sinner’s Prayer, and maybe possibly Grigio Girls. 

Just because the instrumental of a song includes an acoustic guitar, it doesn’t make it country. 

Edited by DrKindnessKunt1999
  • Like 1

Gorehound

Regardless of personal taste, CC is wayyy better than Joanne. And that's a fact. :bye:.

I'm fine, Ta
  • LMAO 1

Guillaume Hamon

No songs on CC served like Joanne imo. Ya ya's better than ayo tho.

Yes CC is cohesive but at points it feels like you heard the same songs several times...

I would say bey went more country than Gaga with Joanne so it's hard to compare it as "both ladies country albums" when it ain't that.

Both projects have good moments and forgettable tracks.

Edited by Guillaume Hamon

King of the Fall

Cowboy Carter is way better than Joanne

Joanne has a few really strong highlights and the rest is forgettable or straight up trash like Come to Mama

It is not a cohesive body of work

Edited by North Country Guy
He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite

Delulu Rogers

CC makes Joanne sound so bland. The production is so much more crisp and polished