💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyoncé says Cowboy Carter is the best music she's ever made

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

"I think people are going to be surprised because I don't think this music is what everyone expects," Beyoncé says about Cowboy Carter, "but it's the best music I've ever made."

Cowboy Carter, executive produced by Beyoncé, is about genres, all of them, while deeply rooted in Country. It pays homage to the past, honoring musical pioneers in Country, Rock, Classical, and Opera.
Beyoncé ensconced herself with a stellar group of collaborators, including The-Dream, Pharrell, NO I.D., Raphael Saadiq, Ryan Tedder, Ryan Beatty, Swizz Beatz, Khirye Tyler, Derek Dixie, Ink, Nova Wav, Mamii, Cam, Tyler Johnson, Dave Hamelin, and Shawn "JAY-Z" Carter to find the secret gems in each song. 

"This album took over five years," she says. "It's been really great to have the time and the grace to be able to take my time with it. I was initially going to put COWBOY CARTER out first, but with the pandemic, there was too much heaviness in the world. We wanted to dance. We deserved to dance. But I had to trust God's timing."

"The joy of creating music is that there are no rules," says Beyoncé. "The more I see the world evolving the more I felt a deeper connection to purity. With artificial intelligence and digital filters and programming, I wanted to go back to real instruments, and I used very old ones. I didn't want some layers of instruments like strings, especially guitars, and organs perfectly in tune. I kept some songs raw and leaned into folk. All the sounds were so organic and human, everyday things like the wind, snaps and even the sound of birds and chickens, the sounds of nature."

"My process is that I typically have to experiment," Beyoncé says. "I enjoy being open to have the freedom to get all aspects of things I love out and so I worked on many songs.  I recorded probably 100 songs. Once that is done, I am able to put the puzzle together and realize the consistencies and the common themes, and then create a solid body of work."

The album is an experiment indeed.  Each song is its own version of a reimagined Western film. She took inspiration from films like "Five Fingers For Marseilles," "Urban Cowboy," "The Hateful Eight, "Space Cowboys," "The Harder They Fall" and "Killers of the Flower Moon," often having the films playing on a screen during the recording process. 
source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 6

Rat Boy

A great that better win AOTY. The vocals and production alone are amazing.

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB
  • Like 2

lg5

She’s not wrong. It’s the album I needed from her badly. 

PMM

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952x5mffnf0q1y4ll4l73o

For Me?

1. Renaissance
2. Lemonade
3. Beyonce.
4. Cowboy Carter

It may break top 3 but i need like 20 more listens 

Dennis

Every day we should wake up and be thankful for living in BEYONCE's world

• Like 2

RenegAde

Am I the only one that feels like some of these songs would be better if there were kept simple? A lot of these tracks are trying too hard to be different and end up sounding like 3 different songs in 3 mins.

• Like 4

Dennis
Just now, RenegAde said:

Am I the only one that feels like some of these songs would be better if there were kept simple? A lot of these tracks are trying too hard to be different and end up sounding like 3 different songs in 3 mins.

I mean Cuff It was like that too, and ended up being the biggest hit. I kinda liked it.

RenegAde
7 minutes ago, Dennis said:

I mean Cuff It was like that too, and ended up being the biggest hit. I kinda liked it.

I feel like sometimes this is a symptom of having too many writers on the record. 

Bi Rain

I LOVE this album so much. Beyoncé is such a phenomenal artist that all her albums are godly to me. 

The Good Sis Viola | Have Some Bi Rain | The Bi Rain Train |

Karl
25 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

For me this is why I love the album and why I loved Renaissance, listening to the album front to back is a whole journey :bradley:

GypsyVida

And she'd be correct. This album is so good. I can't even begin to express how I feel about it because I have no words!

Stream COWBOY CARTER
  • Like 2

Thomas P

I don’t know how she tops herself again and again, but she does it. I know it’s melodramatic, but living the last 11 years of her career alongside her has been a privilege for me. I was 12 when Self-Titled was released and a huge Beyoncé fan and it shook my world up. Since then she’s just consistently raised the bar again and again. It’s something special. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.
  • Like 3

Ctouf

I am not the greatest Beyoncé's fan but I am really in awe. She is the greatest vocalist of our generation and she consistently puts out quality content, always smashing the glass ceiling when I think it's not possible to raise the bar any higher.

Congratulations to her, this is a very, very, very solid body of work. It's too soon to tell but her songwriting and the production on this one are truly immaculate. It might be the best project she has ever put out to date. :applause: