Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Beyonce - Cowboy Carter

Teletubby

Featured Posts

NATAH
1 minute ago, Teletubby said:

vinyl are missing 5 tracks

CDs are missing 4 tracks and Flamenco turned out to be track that was promoted as bonus track in the webstore

BYE ya ya is literally my fav she better re-release a deluxe

mother, what must i do?
  • YAAAS 2

Plastic Flower
2 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

CDs are missing 4 tracks and Flamenco turned out to be track that was promoted as bonus track in the webstore

Maybe they weren't in the album at first?

Drop it

Ziggy
On 3/29/2024 at 2:14 PM, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Imo there's some over-the-top and exaggerated praises in this thread but I will let it slide :huntyga:

Like with Renaissance, my first run through was underwhelming, but I can at least appreciate her vocals and there's so much experimentation and layers to the production, it's quite impressive.

I'm from the south US and can definitely appreciate a lot of the influences and sounds, but have never been a country fan. The awesome thing about Beyonce with R and CC is that SHE IS THE GENRE. She has become a master at fusion. 

I get so bored with so much of today's music because the production is so basic and no one is original anymore. Even though sure, she uses samples liberally, but she uses them in a way that makes new, fresh sounding, timeless music. 

Looking forward to revisiting this and falling in love like I did with Renaissance. It's been a wild ride with B since I saw "No, No, No" in 1998 when I was 9 years old :franminervini:

It definitely took me a second listen too but I honestly think it’s bc there’s so many songs it’s hard to have a real first opinion

• Like 1

Ladle Ghoulash

Still prefer Act One, but I respect the genre fusion on this record. It’s almost psychedelic and surreal at times, tbh. Just not sure it’s consistent the whole way through tho

Ladle Ghoulash
8 minutes ago, metalguru said:

What does “Beyince” means? What is the context?

So the name Beyoncé is actually her mother’s maiden name (Celestine Beyoncé), which was actually a typo of the actual surname of her family, which was “Beyincé.” So Beyoncé is paying tribute to her roots and the origin of her name. 

Edited by Ladle Ghoulash

Pennywise

So I've been listening to this and here are my thoughts:

American Requiem: I wanted to love it so bad but it's like every time the song is going to have a climax moment it refrains instead and that's kind of annoying, and not in a "artsy" way. 

Blackbird: meh. 23642376547 people on the title for... this?

16 Carriages: I agree with Azealia in that this is a little bey on the prairie pilgrim fantasy thing, and I cannot take it seriously. Like, the production and vocals are good though. It feels like when Gaga did that Republican cosplay video in support of Biden. 16 Dollars working all day? Sis when? 

Protector: Maybe if I was like a mother or something I could like it or relate to it but no, so, filler.

My Rose: Not a necessarily needed interlude, but sounds nice. 

Smoke Hour (star emoji) Willie Nelson: Again, not necessarily needed.

Texas Hold'Em: Fun, but again, it sounds... disingenuous.

Bodyguard: Okay she SNAPPED with this one. The lyrics are boring. But still liked, saved, playlisted, whatever.

Dolly P & Jolene: I've always hated this song, and I feel like Bey made it worse in a very... misogynistic way. Like, in a "blame the woman but men go scot free for cheating" kinda way. Ew. No.

Daughter: Can you say ****? Say it with me, C.U.N.T. This is THAT song. So far, at least. It still needed a better climax moment tbh. 

Spaghetti: If it played in a club I'd pop bussy to it but like I wouldn't listen to it by myself.

Alligator Tears: Meh.

Smoke Hour II: I mean, I guess these interludes are only here because Willie Nelson is a country icon or something? I wouldn't know. 

Just For Fun: Meh. Like, if I was on a Midwest or like Southern US tour or something I would be listening I guess. The second half still ate a bit ngl.

Most Wanted: Kinda mediocre. Okay to listen to, but again, wouldn't actually seek it out.

Levi's Jeans: Boring, but probably because I don't really like country much. If it played outside somewhere else or like in concert it'd be nice I think.

Flamenco: Meh.

The Linda Martell Show & Ya Ya: Fun, though she does not have to like introduce the songs and like TELL what they are like that.

Oh Louisiana & Desert Eagle: Meh.

Riverdance: Meh.

II Hands II Heaven: Meh.

Tyrant: Another fun one. Liked.

Sweet Honey Buckin': Again, in a club I'd be like shaking a bussy to it, but that's about it I think.

Amen: Good as an outro.

I thought it would never end :franminervini: It felt like she made the album by just checking things out on a list like "What should be on a good country album" or something. Actually, this whole album sounded like how THIS video felt:

Very uncomfortable with bops in between.

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Sad 1

TortureMeOnReplay
15 hours ago, Teletubby said:

Spaghetti and Ya Ya are 2 of my favorite tracks, so I guess I'll hold out and hope she releases a "deluxe" without taking out some samples etc. 

Ziggy
2 hours ago, Pennywise said:

So I've been listening to this and here are my thoughts:

American Requiem: I wanted to love it so bad but it's like every time the song is going to have a climax moment it refrains instead and that's kind of annoying, and not in a "artsy" way. 

Blackbird: meh. 23642376547 people on the title for... this?

16 Carriages: I agree with Azealia in that this is a little bey on the prairie pilgrim fantasy thing, and I cannot take it seriously. Like, the production and vocals are good though. It feels like when Gaga did that Republican cosplay video in support of Biden. 16 Dollars working all day? Sis when? 

Protector: Maybe if I was like a mother or something I could like it or relate to it but no, so, filler.

My Rose: Not a necessarily needed interlude, but sounds nice. 

Smoke Hour (star emoji) Willie Nelson: Again, not necessarily needed.

Texas Hold'Em: Fun, but again, it sounds... disingenuous.

Bodyguard: Okay she SNAPPED with this one. The lyrics are boring. But still liked, saved, playlisted, whatever.

Dolly P & Jolene: I've always hated this song, and I feel like Bey made it worse in a very... misogynistic way. Like, in a "blame the woman but men go scot free for cheating" kinda way. Ew. No.

Daughter: Can you say ****? Say it with me, C.U.N.T. This is THAT song. So far, at least. It still needed a better climax moment tbh. 

Spaghetti: If it played in a club I'd pop bussy to it but like I wouldn't listen to it by myself.

Alligator Tears: Meh.

Smoke Hour II: I mean, I guess these interludes are only here because Willie Nelson is a country icon or something? I wouldn't know. 

Just For Fun: Meh. Like, if I was on a Midwest or like Southern US tour or something I would be listening I guess. The second half still ate a bit ngl.

Most Wanted: Kinda mediocre. Okay to listen to, but again, wouldn't actually seek it out.

Levi's Jeans: Boring, but probably because I don't really like country much. If it played outside somewhere else or like in concert it'd be nice I think.

Flamenco: Meh.

The Linda Martell Show & Ya Ya: Fun, though she does not have to like introduce the songs and like TELL what they are like that.

Oh Louisiana & Desert Eagle: Meh.

Riverdance: Meh.

II Hands II Heaven: Meh.

Tyrant: Another fun one. Liked.

Sweet Honey Buckin': Again, in a club I'd be like shaking a bussy to it, but that's about it I think.

Amen: Good as an outro.

I thought it would never end :franminervini: It felt like she made the album by just checking things out on a list like "What should be on a good country album" or something. Actually, this whole album sounded like how THIS video felt:

Very uncomfortable with bops in between.

Oh god not *this video lmaooooo

ImMatt

OK, I was really hoping (and expecting) to love this album but way too many stacked vocals make it SO unlistenable for me. I'm sorry but I don't want to listen to five Beyonce's singing at once every other line...and that's not even an exaggeration.

:saladga::saladga::saladga::saladga::saladga:

Instrumentation and collab choices are outstanding though and the length doesn't bother me. I just dont think I could listen to it again because of the stacked vocals which ruins it :confused:

Pennywise
4 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Oh god not *this video lmaooooo

I still cannot believe Gaga could ever be THAT tone deaf ngl :selena:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Chlorine Sevigny

This album is such a gift... a journey, epic in scope and ambition, the Beyoncé hallmarks like spoken interludes and archival clips creating this rich tapestry. Personal, political, poignant.

I think it was a very wise move to create Renaissance as act i. Pacing-wise in her discography, Lemonade to Renaissance to Cowboy Carter makes so much sense.

• Thanks 1

metalguru
19 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

So the name Beyoncé is actually her mother’s maiden name (Celestine Beyoncé), which was actually a typo of the actual surname of her family, which was “Beyincé.” So Beyoncé is paying tribute to her roots and the origin of her name. 

Wonderful. Thank you so much! 

phantasmas

i just cried for the first time after listening to this album at least 10x :bradley: screaming throwing up this woman is a musical psychopath

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 2